Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 971066 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #9495 on: March 11, 2014, 02:26:58 pm »

Void is probably bigger. Also, what Akroma said, but less harsh.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9496 on: March 11, 2014, 02:41:07 pm »

that being said, when I said feel free to add to it, I mean it.

fire up MsPaint and go to town, until this map is not my map, but everyones map.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9497 on: March 11, 2014, 05:35:42 pm »

Stop fighting you guys, Toady'll shut the thread down again.
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9498 on: March 11, 2014, 05:43:14 pm »

Stop fighting you guys, Toady'll shut the thread down again.
You mean down; TA got shut down, no RoTMG. All the same, I'm probably going to be prowling the OOC thread harder.

Also, guys, if you have a problem, FEEL FREE TO BUG ME ABOUT IT.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9499 on: March 12, 2014, 09:48:36 am »

wowza, tons of lore delivered to those who should know. writing flavour texts instead of just a small list of notes sure takes a while, but heh, fun is fun
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9500 on: March 12, 2014, 09:50:42 am »

wowza, tons of lore delivered to those who should know. writing flavour texts instead of just a small list of notes sure takes a while, but heh, fun is fun

Was I among one of those people who should know? As, you know, a lore master and all.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9501 on: March 12, 2014, 09:53:47 am »

it contains spoilers, I want to leave as many people as possible unspoilered until the lore becomes public knowledge.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9502 on: March 12, 2014, 09:56:25 am »

it contains spoilers, I want to leave as many people as possible unspoilered until the lore becomes public knowledge.

Isn't it my job to go over the spoilers and stuff to make certain than it doesn't conflict with the existing lore though?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #9503 on: March 12, 2014, 09:56:39 am »

Is it IRIS related? Because I kind of need to see stuff like that.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9504 on: March 12, 2014, 09:58:12 am »

that stuff was laready run through Elf, mostly.

I was sending out in-game sources for players who would be very knowledgable in void things. Hmm, maybe I should notify Projeck too...not sure, is Ashley actually *knowledgable* about void stuff?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #9505 on: March 12, 2014, 10:01:55 am »

Something something void dick.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9506 on: March 12, 2014, 10:02:38 am »

She lived in the void for a little over 10 years. Yeah, you could say she knows 'some' void stuff.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9507 on: March 12, 2014, 10:04:34 am »

Something something void dick.

So that's who the void condom is for... :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9508 on: March 13, 2014, 02:10:09 pm »

c) it's not actually *stars*. Thanks for reading with enough attention to notice that the *stars* in this sphere of existance are different from the stars in the mortal realm. so stop putting your unbased anger in friggin italics. Follow the posts right after this, for a question being asked and answered and notice, there are no actual stars in the walls of stars.
1. Point to where mortal-realm stars are mentioned.
2. If the things in the Wall of Stars aren't stars, why did you call them that?!?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9509 on: March 13, 2014, 02:30:26 pm »

I am using lore here from my own setting that I run, where stuff like the starwall is *only* described in flavour texts. This cosmos model is something I have never written down in OOC texts, but entirely in flavour texts (those who received the void lore will get what I mean). In that setting, one of the main sources for information of the makeup of the cosmos is a book written by an astronomer/philosoph. How else would he have named it? When naming stuff that is within creation, and described by beings from inside creation, I usualy name stuff right after how they look. Wall of Stars, Veil of Stars, Starnyagard as the elves say (my elves speak norse, because why not). I only make up bogus words for names that are not rooted in in reality, and even for those I have wordly names. Flowery descriptions are quite common. The only other naming convention I have is in scifi-games I run, where instead of flowery descriptions, things are usualy named after whatever scientist wanted to be remembered for discovering that shit, in this case you may also refer to the wall of stars as the van Brouwers Edge.

and since you are the only one who actually got confused and subsequently angry about it being named that way, I'll gladly continue to call it wall of stars, because damnit, it's my favourite name. Like Elf has his fanfics, I have my lore flavour texts. I just recently sent Elf roughly 2500 words of nothing but flavour texts, and those were only very hastily translated into english because I was growing tired. The original is more than thrice as long.
Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 1030