Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 911 912 [913] 914 915 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 971067 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #13681 on: May 13, 2014, 06:27:30 am »

well, Sanure sais it's going up now. sudden problems are sudden problems, so no biggie
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13682 on: May 13, 2014, 07:06:49 am »

Also, due to game of DnD I watched on youtube, I am adding some comedy to the turn where appropriate.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13683 on: May 13, 2014, 07:32:30 am »

Missiles. One thing you definitely need to dodge.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13684 on: May 13, 2014, 07:39:26 am »

not if you simply grab them and fling them back at your enemies
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13685 on: May 13, 2014, 07:42:58 am »

not if you simply grab them and fling them back at your enemies

You'll see what I mean...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13686 on: May 13, 2014, 07:47:28 am »

I already knew what I mean what you said the first time, obviously ICARUS got smashed by a missile. I dare say that them firing missiles at their own jets, and the jet ICARUS being on just sitting there unmoving and taking the missile without an attempt to dodge is unrealistic. Remeber how big the jets are compared to ICARUS. Even a failed attempt at dodging the incoming missile would move ICARUS out of the line of fire. Please don't ignore actually working strategies in your dice rolls, else what's the point of the manouver actions at all, if the enemies can attack us with impunity no matter what we do?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13687 on: May 13, 2014, 07:50:29 am »

I already knew what I mean what you said the first time, obviously ICARUS got smashed by a missile. I dare say that them firing missiles at their own jets, and the jet ICARUS being on just sitting there unmoving and taking the missile without an attempt to dodge is unrealistic. Remeber how big the jets are compared to ICARUS. Even a failed attempt at dodging the incoming missile would move ICARUS out of the line of fire. Please don't ignore actually working strategies in your dice rolls, else what's the point of the manouver actions at all, if the enemies can attack us with impunity no matter what we do?

Icarus wasn't the target of a missile lol.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13688 on: May 13, 2014, 07:53:24 am »

neither were Sen and Hilda and Alucard. That's not how misses work. If Stella dodged the missile, we should not be punished even worse as if she had not successfully dodged.

what on earth compelled you to judge that dodging the missile means that the attack becomes even more succesful?

((also those stuns are awefully long))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13689 on: May 13, 2014, 07:59:58 am »

neither were Sen and Hilda and Alucard. That's not how misses work. If Stella dodged the missile, we should not be punished even worse as if she had not successfully dodged.

what on earth compelled you to judge that dodging the missile means that the attack becomes even more succesful?

((also those stuns are awefully long))

consider the following.

Missile was a fire and forget missile.
Order likes to prioritize demons.
Sen is a demon.
Nuriel is right next to a fighter.
Sen is logical choice.

I did say that the missile's targeting activated and veered towards Sen.

I didn't punish anyone for dodging a missile. The ONLY reason Sen's paper coatl and thus Sen, Hylda, and Alucard were hit. Was because The rolls for dodging were NOT in Sen's favor. If anything blame Sen for being lousy at dodging missiles.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #13690 on: May 13, 2014, 08:03:47 am »

* Spooky  launches demonically imbued chaff.

:P

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13691 on: May 13, 2014, 08:04:05 am »

consider the following: Missiles are locked on a target and do not make logical choices if they miss it.

((also, how did Ashley *miss* the fighter? teleports are not really an agility thing of being faster than the fight, you literaly appear on it out of thin air.))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #13692 on: May 13, 2014, 08:08:35 am »

((Infrared targeting= yes, yes they would. Most missiles these days have a pretty narrow field of view, though, because decoys are a thing.))

So yeah, in the absence of a hit the missile could be reasonably expected to keep going forward the same direction and veer off into infinity. :U

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13693 on: May 13, 2014, 08:11:30 am »

consider the following: Missiles are locked on a target and do not make logical choices if they miss it.

((also, how did Ashley *miss* the fighter? teleports are not really an agility thing of being faster than the fight, you literaly appear on it out of thin air.))

Person A appears next to Object 1. Object 1 happens to be on a flight path and moving faster than Person A. Person A, whose momentum does not equal Object 1's, is left behind.

Also, As stated over pm. When did I say that Fighter 1 targeted Stella for the missile. The definitions of Aimed and targeted are very different.

Aim- point or direct (a weapon or camera) at a target.

Targeting- select as an object of attention or attack.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #13694 on: May 13, 2014, 08:13:12 am »

Look, stop stalling and define how the missiles track things already. :P
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:15:12 am by Twi »
Pages: 1 ... 911 912 [913] 914 915 ... 1030