Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 942 943 [944] 945 946 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 971000 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #14145 on: May 28, 2014, 04:14:55 pm »

Lol. it wasn't such a bad thing when all you did on the internet was to look something up and then you were done. especially when your landline and your internet were the same thing.
Preach to the choir, that's how my Internet was until 2006.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14146 on: May 29, 2014, 10:29:35 am »

((overwhelming odds can be provided))
Given how overwhelming our characters' power and influence are, if we don't start over we'll need to escalate the enemies' power to ever-increasing heights. Our characters can kill minor gods with ease and have major ones on call; what can hope to stand against us?

((I always said that you guys made too many chars, note how I always sticked to one, dropping Hainuwele as soon as ICARUS came about. Don't get me started about power levels :P. As far as interaction goes, I will tell you the same as everyone else - you alone decide how much interaction your char gets or not. If you want combat to be less of a clusterfuck, you may or may not decide to have one combatant, and various characters purely for non-combat, kinda like what GWG has going, Nuriel in battles, Will in non-battles. Everyone having a swarm of characters is just a stupid idea. If everyone only focuses on one, *maybe* two, suddenly it's a whole lot less clusterfucky))
That's hardly the worst of it. Most people don't have more than one or maybe two characters who routinely go on missions. The problem is that we have so many freaking characters. And no audit process for them.

edit: ((that being said, it's not always the GMs fault if a plot is not fun. Characters need to involve themselves in the plot too.
I'd put the blame less on either and more on what the game has mutated into.

Oh, and we have an OOC thread.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14147 on: May 29, 2014, 10:36:46 am »

Well, I'd have no problem with a Game review with tighter GMing. For starters, reducing the amount of characters quite a bit. I'd say "one per player" but a least PN has two characters that I'd need at hand for future things. Secondly, resources. Too many things can be handwaved a bit too easily, considering some chars are millionaires, while the others either instantly build stuff they need, or have IRIS ship it in. IRIS is useful as a coordinative effort to give players informations, plothooks and to simply have an explanation what is going on, but simply put, is too powerful, to much money, too big numbers - too convenient.

as far as it gets to powers, powers are simply hard to balance.

but frankly, if you want a real balancing factor - no more bracelets. Characters are at a location or they are not, distances exist. I know it's convenient for communication, but that's what phones are for. For now, it's a "swarm combat" button. Also, a guarantee nobody will ever die, because teleporting out. Frankly, Keiths leg was ripped off, and Kyle immediatly teleported into battle, Keith received no actual medical attention. When we return home, we should notice a very bled-to-death keith

edit: also, no more gods. Gods, Satan etc have been mega trivialised, to dudes we just have friendly drinks with, and by that standard, none of our characters ever show and respect, awe or simply fear, no matter what they are faced with. They have information at hand readily, so there is nothing we don't rather quickly understand either. Gods should be limited to rare high-points, and demon lords like osmodias actually terrifying things - and that not just by being statsponges, but simply by characters and players additude towards the whole thing.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:40:58 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14148 on: May 29, 2014, 10:38:12 am »

Kyle healed Keith before he left.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14149 on: May 29, 2014, 10:41:12 am »

tbh I dont really care if anyone kills off Winry. Or at least tries too.

But yeah, shit's really unbalanced.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14150 on: May 29, 2014, 10:42:39 am »

Um... Want me to seriously injure her? I could. I have another Order memeber who has yet to be introduced who uses pistols... Just saying.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14151 on: May 29, 2014, 10:43:56 am »

Go ahead. We hardly have any actual character deaths in the game anymore, it would make a nice touch. Plus I don't have any plots planned for Winry like I do with Alucard, Barti, and Lizzie (who will all tie in Alucard's plot. Maybe HILDA a bit.)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14152 on: May 29, 2014, 10:44:46 am »

*shrug* You guys go kill people off. I'll be here moderating if you need me.

*grabs popcorn*

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14153 on: May 29, 2014, 10:46:01 am »

I like the game...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14154 on: May 29, 2014, 10:46:32 am »

*shrug* You guys go kill people off. I'll be here moderating if you need me.
*grabs popcorn*
That's another problem. The only person with any power to change anything...is completely apathetic to everything.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14155 on: May 29, 2014, 10:48:15 am »

I think elf meant to go ahead and get the game back to a reasonable sanity by killing off un-needed characters or retiring some that aren't important. Or something like that.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14156 on: May 29, 2014, 10:48:51 am »

I think elf meant to go ahead and get the game back to a reasonable sanity by killing off un-needed characters or retiring some that aren't important. Or something like that.
This.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14157 on: May 29, 2014, 10:50:23 am »

-nope-

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14158 on: May 29, 2014, 10:51:20 am »

-Meh-

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14159 on: May 29, 2014, 10:51:29 am »

Tbh, I do think the bracelet is a bit OP. But only its teleportation.
Pages: 1 ... 942 943 [944] 945 946 ... 1030