Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 971054 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #14490 on: May 30, 2014, 05:55:05 pm »

she is a fast learner, but hey, I am not saying she is going to go full on technomancy on things. More like some underground rebelling, mixed with small scale vigilantism. Having a backdoor into security cameras helps when you need to bash in some criminals head (it's the purpose of her existance, as if she would ever stop doing that) while also trying to not be noticed.

as for the duration, no idea, how long do you need?
Um, aren't most security cameras connected to computers that aren't connected to anything else? May be hard to get a backdoor in with popure hacking. Some social engineering to trick someone into exposing that computer to something perhaps, but then again, she may as well just disable the camera manually via physical force. Or you know, just wear something to conceal her appearance.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14491 on: May 30, 2014, 05:57:32 pm »

Yeah, or the stealth body was built as a infiltration unit, that sends out a potent pirate signal that won't leave ICARUS entirely powerless for the rather long time until the ICARUS plot
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14492 on: May 30, 2014, 06:00:49 pm »

As in an unauthorized radio signal? How does that screw up CCTVs? I mean, I suppose (get @GWG to verify) that may fuck with radio communications, but I don't see how cameras are affected, unless of course, said cameras have some sort of radio dependency.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14493 on: May 30, 2014, 06:04:21 pm »

come on now emp, there is a difference between stuff being overpowered and stuff just taking a bit of creative license to not leave the character entirely powerless.

the technology issue was more of a thing of Kyle building half a dozen rockets in 3 hours, or ICARUS constructing a dozen anti-demon weapons in a nanite-forge. Not hacking into a security system remotely.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14494 on: May 30, 2014, 06:09:09 pm »

I'm sure whatever magic ICARUS was built with would let her, but I wouldn't really call it hacking. Hacking isn't really something you can do on the fly.

Some sort of nanite spray? Could work, likely magical. Electromagnetic Pulse? Possible, would actually damage the camera though rather than temporarily disabling it, likely magical unless ICARUS has a few high-altitude nukes handy. Minor technomancy? Definitely.

But really, if you just want to render cameras unable to identify her, a simpler solution such as feature-concealing clothing or just knocking down the camera from afar could work just as well.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14495 on: May 30, 2014, 06:14:47 pm »

that was just an example. More like "insert part of own mind remotely into thing and fuck with it". Within the limit of that things electronical functions, obviously. Unlock a car? Check. Fuck with radio, navigation and the gizmos? Sure. Possibly remote-start the airbag? With a proper roll, may be possible. Actually remote controle the thing to drive? Can#t do that...unless we are far enough in the future for that to work.

See through a remote camera? Sure. Blur it, or simply turn it away, obviously. Trace the cameras signal to the data storage and delete the archive? Probably. Live-photoshop every frame so one person looks like someone else? Hah, now that would be some seeerious high end shit

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14496 on: May 30, 2014, 06:19:28 pm »

Unlock a car? It's called breaking in and hot wiring.
Fuck with radio? Probably not actually hacking.
Remote start an air bag? Not sure if you can even hack the accelerometer that controls it. After all hacking is what you do to a computer system or network.

This is sounding less like hacking and more like Hollywood magic with a dash of that Watch Dogs stuff.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14497 on: May 30, 2014, 06:21:26 pm »

A lot happened when I was gone.

But yay, we're moving forward!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14498 on: May 30, 2014, 06:22:12 pm »

Last time I checked, Cars, trucks, vehicles in general had onboard computers that regulated the functions of a car. So yeah, one could hack a car.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14499 on: May 30, 2014, 06:23:28 pm »

Yeah good luck managing to do so remotely. You need some way to access that computer remotely. Otherwise you're in the car. And if you're in the car, then you can probably stab the person you want to stab instead.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14500 on: May 30, 2014, 06:26:22 pm »

Well, there is the thing of the on-board computer having no wireless access. Oh wait, Some cars have built in GPS (which needs to update somehow or bring up the location.) which means wireless hacking.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14501 on: May 30, 2014, 06:27:30 pm »

If the GPS is connected, maybe. It's about this point where my knowledge runs out as to whether you can hack through a GPS, but if it has a connection...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14502 on: May 30, 2014, 06:45:06 pm »

IN relation to all this talk of hacking...

WATCH_DOGS

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14503 on: May 30, 2014, 06:49:28 pm »

Which isn't hacking. It's a back door, combined with really shitty city planning.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14504 on: May 30, 2014, 06:50:16 pm »

Ok, So i was thinking. Who wants to fight Osmodias as the final boss, or who wants Luthar's last demon to be the final boss? I'm game for both.
Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 1030