Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4567 4568 [4569] 4570 4571 ... 4748

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my  (Read 3004154 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 IC Thread: Antimagic and gods and souls oh my
« Reply #68520 on: May 08, 2014, 05:10:34 pm »

<Right, they don't even bother with airfoils and use either more magic or Sufficiently Advanced Technology. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with these people? They take hypocrisy to a whole new level.>
<Technically, it's not magic. They're worthy successors to those Catholics who argued that barnacle geese, beavers, and mutton dipped into then drawn out of a well all count as fish.>

Nuriel teleports to the battlefield and flies for a bomber, using her fire to mimic the thermite charges and cut into the cockpit, planning to take it over. If this works, she'll be considered a showoff; if it doesn't, she'll be considered an idiot. Either one is pretty accurate.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #68521 on: May 08, 2014, 05:11:27 pm »

<I'm not going to lie on this one; I kinda told her to fire the missiles.>

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #68522 on: May 08, 2014, 05:12:19 pm »

<I'm not going to lie on this one; I kinda told her to fire the missiles.>
<Do you have a fetish for plasma cannons to the face?>

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #68523 on: May 08, 2014, 05:13:31 pm »

<Ignore the fighters, take out the bombers and retreat. This is not something we can win if we don't strike precise like a surgeon.>

ICARUS wants to know the actual situation before she actually enters any moves. there is a teleport delay anyway
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68524 on: May 08, 2014, 05:13:44 pm »

<Go ahead, I dare you to shoot me.>

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68525 on: May 08, 2014, 06:21:00 pm »

((Uh... what should Selina, Luna, and Meme be doing?))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68526 on: May 08, 2014, 06:21:59 pm »

((Meme should be snapping religious zealot's necks))

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68527 on: May 08, 2014, 08:25:34 pm »

((I need stats for combatants.))
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #68528 on: May 08, 2014, 08:32:11 pm »

Kyle just calls IRIS to send some mermaid bombers to blow up the hull of the Aircraft carrier like very precise torpedoes.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68529 on: May 08, 2014, 08:42:00 pm »

Kyle just calls IRIS to send some mermaid bombers to blow up the hull of the Aircraft carrier like very precise torpedoes.

No aircraft carrier. All are in Air.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #68530 on: May 08, 2014, 08:46:41 pm »

((I really doubt that, I hope you know that.))

Kyle still calls in IRIS. Only it's a squad of elite fighters.

Kyle also just stays away from the fight in general and starts patching the fact that the Order members are most likely going to be fired upon by the army to the squadrons and also points out that salt will probably mess up the stuff.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68531 on: May 08, 2014, 09:17:33 pm »

((I need stats for combatants.))
Nuriel:
Str 27
Mag 21
Dex 10
End 15
Mind 2
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68532 on: May 08, 2014, 09:39:49 pm »

"Well, since everyone who has not shown up yet can hear me over bracelet anyway, I shall explain. The following situation: The order has a terroristic attack planned on the vatican with possible consequences of unforseen proportions. For this they have two key components: A) The Seraphim Bomb, currently in argentinia and being tracked by Sen. It is on one of several bombers, protected by a fleet of fighters, en route to rome. B) *Mana Incarnate*. We are not entirely sure what it is, but it is already at the target destination of the bombing, and it holds isnane amount of mana. These two components together will wreck havoc. We need two teams.

The first team will be compromised of fliers and teleporters. Using all the agility we can muster, we will take out the bombers. Because of the fighters, sustained aerial combat is unwise, so we will use our small size and agility, and turn their own numbers to our advantage - by beelining between the bombers, wether by flight or by teleport, and holding on to them. Once landed, the fighters can not fire on us - or they will hit the bombers and do our work for them. Since the order has protected them against magic, we will use very simple tools."

ICARUS reveals what she has taken from the explosives storage

"Thermite charges. These are made to cut through building steel supports during demolition, and cut through them like *butter*. Even the most advanced bombers will come straight down after we blasted a wing off with these babies. If this team gets enough people who can work in it, taking the fleet out will be a very quick effort. We will observe the enemies reaction to the downed bombers to make out which of them carries the bomb, and try to destroy or if that can not be done safely, secure it. The attack will happen over water or uninhabited areas, to make sure once the order is downed, they won't beat us to the bomb, or in case it detonates, no civilians are in the way of harm.

The second team will contact the IRIS units who are laying siege on the vatican. These units will attack the entrances to draw the enemies attention, meanwhile the second team will sneak into the vatican and head for the location of the *mana incarnate*. Expect heavy, and I mean *heavy* resistance. This team will need all of our non-flying or teleporting combatants, as well as our best mages, who will try and analyze the target when they arrive, and then proceed according to their own judgement, destroying, securing, whatever. They may also decide to ignore it and try to locate and kill the enemies leaders.

Any questions or suggestions?"

Stella goes after the bombers, in half form because she is more agile that way (would her flame count as magic, she can handle the thermite safely at least)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68533 on: May 08, 2014, 09:40:50 pm »

"Well, since everyone who has not shown up yet can hear me over bracelet anyway, I shall explain. The following situation: The order has a terroristic attack planned on the vatican with possible consequences of unforseen proportions. For this they have two key components: A) The Seraphim Bomb, currently in argentinia and being tracked by Sen. It is on one of several bombers, protected by a fleet of fighters, en route to rome. B) *Mana Incarnate*. We are not entirely sure what it is, but it is already at the target destination of the bombing, and it holds isnane amount of mana. These two components together will wreck havoc. We need two teams.

The first team will be compromised of fliers and teleporters. Using all the agility we can muster, we will take out the bombers. Because of the fighters, sustained aerial combat is unwise, so we will use our small size and agility, and turn their own numbers to our advantage - by beelining between the bombers, wether by flight or by teleport, and holding on to them. Once landed, the fighters can not fire on us - or they will hit the bombers and do our work for them. Since the order has protected them against magic, we will use very simple tools."

ICARUS reveals what she has taken from the explosives storage

"Thermite charges. These are made to cut through building steel supports during demolition, and cut through them like *butter*. Even the most advanced bombers will come straight down after we blasted a wing off with these babies. If this team gets enough people who can work in it, taking the fleet out will be a very quick effort. We will observe the enemies reaction to the downed bombers to make out which of them carries the bomb, and try to destroy or if that can not be done safely, secure it. The attack will happen over water or uninhabited areas, to make sure once the order is downed, they won't beat us to the bomb, or in case it detonates, no civilians are in the way of harm.

The second team will contact the IRIS units who are laying siege on the vatican. These units will attack the entrances to draw the enemies attention, meanwhile the second team will sneak into the vatican and head for the location of the *mana incarnate*. Expect heavy, and I mean *heavy* resistance. This team will need all of our non-flying or teleporting combatants, as well as our best mages, who will try and analyze the target when they arrive, and then proceed according to their own judgement, destroying, securing, whatever. They may also decide to ignore it and try to locate and kill the enemies leaders.

Any questions or suggestions?"

Stella goes after the bombers, in half form because she is more agile that way (would her flame count as magic, she can handle the thermite safely at least)

So far, Magic hasn't been tested against the Fighters or the Bombers, Only demons have.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #68534 on: May 09, 2014, 04:05:50 am »

ICARUS:

Str: 15
End: 20
Dex: 25
Mag: 10
Mind: 16

HP: 390
Mana:330

Perk: Brisk +5 to dodge

((Selina, Luna and Meme should head to Rome with Lizzy and Alice, get that Mana incarnate thing))

---------

For convenience sake:

Alucard:
STR- 10
END- 10+10 (Combat Armor)
DEX- 7
MAG- 23
MIND- 25

HP= 210
MP= 365

Riding on a Karakil. The Karakil will be doing the dodging and manouvering, and has 30 dex. However even with the Karakil dodging succesfully, Alucard needs to pass a dex roll (DC50 or 25, depending on d100s or d50s) to be able to act on the back of this wildly flailing serpent, else the turn is wasted as Alucard clings on to his dear life. Crit fail means he falls.

Karakil:
Str - 10
End - 10
Dex - 30
Mag - 0
Mind - 5

HP=210
Mana=irrelevant

Special: Poisonous, not that it matters against fucking jets.

------

Bartimaeus
STR- 5
END- 5
DEX- 3
MAG- 10
MIND- 10

HP= 105
MP= 300

----------

HILDA

STR- 15
END- 15
DEX- 5
MAG- 15
MIND- 10

HP= 315
MP= 325
-----------

Winry

STR- 5
END- 10
DEX- 15
MAG- 22
MIND- 23

HP= 180
MP= 365

--------

Stella (half form)

Strength: 10 | 15  (since it's a mid-form, probably 12?)
Dex:  15 | 10        (Since it's a mid form, probably 13?)
Endurance:  15 | 15
Magic:  15 | 15
Mind:  10 | 10

Health: 287
Magic: 125/125

« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 07:40:59 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos
Pages: 1 ... 4567 4568 [4569] 4570 4571 ... 4748