Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 970730 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.6.3 BETA
« Reply #375 on: October 27, 2013, 01:04:16 am »

maybe the guy I'm looking at isn't a wizkid..

vessel callfrey...

shows up as a regular caste dwarf
http://imgur.com/30ppB0e

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #376 on: October 27, 2013, 05:49:30 am »

I can see them, simply sort by caste. I cannot see the hidden castes, the ones where the name is the same, but the ID is different.

For example
CASTE:MALE
CASTE_NAME:dwarf:dwarves:dwarven

and

CASTE:EVIL_STUFF_WILL_HAPPEN
CASTE_NAME:dwarf:dwarves:dwarven
CAN_DO_INTERACTION:EVIL_STUFF

These two the Therapist will group into one group. I thought you had one that sorts by caste name and one by caste id? One for regular play, the other for testing/bugfixing/cheating. I vaguely remembering talking to you about that, but that was a year ago. ;)

Anyway, I was just told that the Therapist now shows syndromes, which is godsend. Thanks so much for that :)

yeah that's right. there's a group by caste, and a group by caste tag/id, which has a little spoiler indicator that you might show special/hidden castes.

not all syndromes are being shown in the tooltip though, only those that don't require health care, which DT assumes means it's a 'buff'. you can filter your dwarves with scripts to only show those with buffs (d.is_buffed()).

maybe the guy I'm looking at isn't a wizkid..

vessel callfrey...

shows up as a regular caste dwarf
http://imgur.com/30ppB0e
looks like a priest to me, which is a profession in masterwork. a dwarf can belong to a caste but have a completed unrelated profession. in DT if you hover over the name, the tooltip should show (near the very bottom) the description of the caste as well.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 05:53:05 am by splinterz »

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 27, 2013, 08:15:31 pm »

My apologies, I was not able to finish editing on the document this week. Too much work on the burner. I'll try and get it done by next week.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 27, 2013, 08:36:16 pm »

If anyone on Ubuntu is having problems with running the program after building it themselves, apparently there was a sort of protection added to the kernel somewhere around version 10.10 that prevents processes from easily attaching to other processes. I found a fix that allows the program to run anyway, but be aware that this quite possible lowers the security of your system. Please note that I am not a linux expert in any way, so do this at your own responsibility.

Before starting DT, enter this into the command line:
Code: [Select]
sudo su
echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope
exit
Now you should be able to start Dwarf Therapist without trouble

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 28, 2013, 07:24:11 pm »

using mw mod's custom grid view and ini for dwarf therapist, I was wondering if udp software .ini file will get messed up between non mw mod and vanilla.  For example, I have my labor optimizer mapping to certain roles and I had to switch them to mw role's...  wondering if this would have to be done everytime between mods.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #380 on: October 29, 2013, 03:56:47 am »

using mw mod's custom grid view and ini for dwarf therapist, I was wondering if udp software .ini file will get messed up between non mw mod and vanilla.  For example, I have my labor optimizer mapping to certain roles and I had to switch them to mw role's...  wondering if this would have to be done everytime between mods.
roles are the main problem. since mw has different labors and professions, it's also got different roles. it would probably be best to keep separate optimization plans for vanilla and any other mods.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #381 on: October 29, 2013, 08:04:55 am »

I dont think its a big issue... the download here has the best fitted for vanilla, as does the one included in the LNP. The only mod that is using custom labors is MDF, which has its own roles/labors grids already included. I dont see a conflict.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #382 on: October 29, 2013, 08:11:09 am »

I dont think its a big issue... the download here has the best fitted for vanilla, as does the one included in the LNP. The only mod that is using custom labors is MDF, which has its own roles/labors grids already included. I dont see a conflict.
the conflict with the optimization plans is that it expects a labor to be mapped to a role. so in the case of MW, some roles have been changed and it may not find a match.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.6.5 BETA
« Reply #383 on: October 29, 2013, 08:27:31 am »

i've uploaded another beta version. highlights:

• grouping is saved/loaded for each tab/view
  • skilled labors (above dabbling) can be toggled by row or by column
  • labors can be enabled/disabled by columns
  • commit/clear pending changes can be performed on individual dwarves (right click menu)
  • the custom profession section of the right click menu can be 'torn off'
  • GUI enhancements to tooltips and the dwarf details pane (standardized colors, caste information, extra trait info)
  • modders can include a file to override/add custom views (see masterwork for an example)

OSX should be supported now. i can't compile it to confirm, but all the code changes have been merged, and the memory layout file has been completed.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 29, 2013, 09:48:57 am »

I dont think theres an issue. Just need two optimizer plans. One for vanilla one for mw. Inwas thinking moving the ini or making two distinct copies (ie one mw one non) would fix it. But i think two diff opt plans will do

Happy to see this
labors can be enabled/disabled by columns
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:10:39 pm by thistleknot »

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 30, 2013, 10:36:18 pm »

That's quite the changelist, splinterz! Nice to see things rolling smoothly.

I've promised to myself that I will finish basic revision on the doc this weekend.

On that timetable, I should be able to update it to reflect changes by next weekend.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #386 on: October 31, 2013, 02:05:30 am »

That's quite the changelist, splinterz! Nice to see things rolling smoothly.

I've promised to myself that I will finish basic revision on the doc this weekend.

On that timetable, I should be able to update it to reflect changes by next weekend.

no worries, thanks for spending the time on it. quite a few of those changes are due to your feedback as well. i've been thinking about the super labor vs custom professions more, and it might be better to have them both, since you really may not want to assign a custom profession and assign labors. it may be more practical to separate them as you've suggested.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 01, 2013, 09:02:42 pm »

If I wanted a filter script to exclude those with missing limbs, how could I accomplish that?

Unassigning labors "From everyone" should apply to the filtered view... as is, it literally applies to everyone :(

I can't apply an opt plan and disable mining on my militia filtered dwarfs
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:09:22 pm by thistleknot »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #388 on: November 02, 2013, 06:38:45 am »

If I wanted a filter script to exclude those with missing limbs, how could I accomplish that?
31 is the health category for missing/severed/leaking body parts. the first item in the category is severed (0), the second is missing (1) and the third is leaking (2) so:

!d.has_health_issue(31,0) && !d.has_health_issue(31,1)

if you wanted to exclude leaking as well, you could use:

!d.has_health_issue(31,-1)

Unassigning labors "From everyone" should apply to the filtered view... as is, it literally applies to everyone :(
ok i'll take a look at it.
I can't apply an opt plan and disable mining on my militia filtered dwarfs
are you saying that the optimization plan isn't working with filtering, or just repeating the previous problem?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 06:43:47 am by splinterz »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 02, 2013, 07:29:13 am »

Repeating
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 222