Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 970749 times)

william_grobman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.6
« Reply #630 on: May 15, 2014, 07:56:49 pm »

I'm having some trouble running Dwarf Therapist on Ubuntu 13.10 (64 bit). I successfully built and installed it, got around Ubuntu's memory protection features (I think) by running:

Code: [Select]
william:~/Applications/df_linux$ sudo setcap cap_sys_ptrace=eip ./Dwarf-Therapist/bin/release/DwarfTherapist
However, when I try to execute the program while Dwarf Fortress is running, I get:

william:~/Applications/df_linux$ sudo ./Dwarf-Therapist/bin/release/DwarfTherapist
QProcess: Destroyed while process ("/usr/bin/env") is still running.

I also briefly saw the window open and close very quickly. If I try to run it without Dwarf Fortress running I get the same open and close behavior but no QProcess error.

If you're wondering why I execute DwarfTherapist from this directory instead of the file in /usr/bin, it's because for some reason I get this message:

william:~/Applications/df_linux$ dwarftherapist
bash: /usr/bin/dwarftherapist: Permission denied
william:~/Applications/df_linux$ echo "Silly me, I needed sudo." > /dev/null
william:~/Applications/df_linux$ sudo dwarftherapist
sudo: dwarftherapist: command not found

I don't think this issue is related, but I'm not sure.

I've Googled for the error but haven't found anything that will help. Any ideas? If you need more info, just ask.

Rinin_Rus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 18, 2014, 10:00:36 am »

I got a proposal, but first of all - thanks for maintaining this masterwork. Every new version provides more features than one can imagine. Suggestion is about preferences page, one thing I suggest to improve - exclude babies/childrens from it if they are excluded in options page.
He has a lot of willpower,  but he has very little linguistic ability

Skin36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 19, 2014, 01:16:56 pm »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #633 on: May 19, 2014, 02:52:17 pm »

I got a proposal, but first of all - thanks for maintaining this masterwork. Every new version provides more features than one can imagine. Suggestion is about preferences page, one thing I suggest to improve - exclude babies/childrens from it if they are excluded in options page.
good suggestion. i'm going to apply it to the thoughts summary dock as well.

http://shot.qip.ru/00knEU-5tfn6Twu7/

Boulder may be ?
i don't understand the question.

Skin36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 20, 2014, 11:19:35 am »

sorri, its correct:
http://shot.qip.ru/00knEU-6tfn6Twv8/
it is not plural

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #635 on: May 20, 2014, 03:08:28 pm »

sorri, its correct:
http://shot.qip.ru/00knEU-6tfn6Twv8/
it is not plural
ah ok, got it. i should update those entries to use the built in translation stuff while i'm at it..

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 21, 2014, 05:35:25 am »

I'm having some trouble running Dwarf Therapist on Ubuntu 13.10 (64 bit). I successfully built and installed it, got around Ubuntu's memory protection features (I think) by running:

Have you copied over the "etc" and "log" maps over to the "bin/release" directory? You need this maps in the same directory as the executable, but this isn't automatically done when compiling.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

Skin36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 21, 2014, 02:03:27 pm »

http://shot.qip.ru/00knEU-5tfn6Tww2/

I compiled code of the program and got an error at the age of dwarves. When using the finished program-there is no error.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #638 on: May 21, 2014, 04:57:28 pm »

http://shot.qip.ru/00knEU-5tfn6Tww2/

I compiled code of the program and got an error at the age of dwarves. When using the finished program-there is no error.
did you update your memory layout files in the build directory?

Skin36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 21, 2014, 10:00:29 pm »

oh memory layout in repo not correct

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 21, 2014, 10:19:35 pm »

I was playing around with giving children notes about what to do with them when they were older and became frustrated when I wanted to expand my military or pick the best choice for a profession as it made them lose their distinction as children. I am leaning towards the idea that this was intentional in order to allow for greater compatibility with mods but thought it would bring it up in case it wasn't.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #641 on: May 22, 2014, 03:16:51 am »

I was playing around with giving children notes about what to do with them when they were older and became frustrated when I wanted to expand my military or pick the best choice for a profession as it made them lose their distinction as children. I am leaning towards the idea that this was intentional in order to allow for greater compatibility with mods but thought it would bring it up in case it wasn't.
originally DT used the profession to determine if a unit was a child or baby, but it's already been fixed, as i just had another report about it a few weeks ago. i'm just making a few more fixes/changes and i should have another update out soon.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 22, 2014, 10:38:33 am »

Ah, sorry then and I forgot to say it earlier but thanks for the hard work.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 22, 2014, 10:54:22 am »

originally DT used the profession to determine if a unit was a child or baby, but it's already been fixed, as i just had another report about it a few weeks ago. i'm just making a few more fixes/changes and i should have another update out soon.

yay!

i've been playing again since I'm on break from school!

Dwarf therapist is a great tool when you apply "theory of constraints" to dwarf fortress.

Skin36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 22, 2014, 11:02:46 am »

hi splinters !
im compil version 21.7, animal age not correct:
http://shot.qip.ru/00knEU-5tfn6Twws/
for dwarf it correct:
http://shot.qip.ru/00knEU-5tfn6Twwt/

when im save game, and ran again, it was correctly:
http://shot.qip.ru/00knEU-6tfn6Twwu/