Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 970745 times)

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.22.0 | DF 40.03
« Reply #900 on: July 18, 2014, 12:41:36 pm »

This is excellent good news! Seriously, Therapist makes managing a fort of more than 20 or so dwarves painless. (-:

Brightgalrs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 18, 2014, 01:24:57 pm »

Why is there no dedicated Potter or Glazer role? There are material preferences for stoneware, porcelain and earthenware as well are both glaze types.

The wiki says that attribute use for each skill is unresearched, not that it doesn't exist.

pexium

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Had "fun" recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 18, 2014, 01:41:55 pm »

How much progress has been made for Linux and Mac Os 10?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 01:44:45 pm by pexium »

No matter WHERE I build my depot, the damn traders get stuck.  They get stuck in the woods.  They get stuck on the road, and if you explain that one to me, I'll give you a sweet.  They get stuck entering the depot.  They get stuck leaving the depot.  They rocket all over the map, but can't trade.

Couchmonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 18, 2014, 01:53:36 pm »

I extracted the linux DT from the lazy newb pack for 40.02 and got it to run with the posted layout here.
Where is the LNP DT coming from?
I wanna include it in my autoupdater and share it with all of you!

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #904 on: July 18, 2014, 02:11:18 pm »

Why is there no dedicated Potter or Glazer role? There are material preferences for stoneware, porcelain and earthenware as well are both glaze types.

The wiki says that attribute use for each skill is unresearched, not that it doesn't exist.
probably just an oversight when i created the first roles. anything that didn't seem verified on the wiki i may have passed over. with the new personalities i'll be going through them all again anyway. in the meantime though, you can still create your own roles for those jobs.

40.01 and 40.03 seem to be stable for linux. the osx ones should be able to be used by just updating the hash.

I extracted the linux DT from the lazy newb pack for 40.02 and got it to run with the posted layout here.
Where is the LNP DT coming from?
I wanna include it in my autoupdater and share it with all of you!
the lnp DT is the old version from a few years ago.

Brightgalrs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 18, 2014, 02:23:01 pm »

probably just an oversight when i created the first roles. anything that didn't seem verified on the wiki i may have passed over. with the new personalities i'll be going through them all again anyway. in the meantime though, you can still create your own roles for those jobs.
Alright cool. One last thing, you might wanna remove Singing metal, Rusted metal, Multicolored metal, etc. as it's skewing the default metalworking roles.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 18, 2014, 02:29:00 pm »

as it's skewing the default metalworking roles.
?

I found that gem cutter was "skewed" towards gem cutters, and it was due to a lot of dwarfs (all) had a preference for a gem

same went with some other role, not sure what it was.

Is this the "skewed" behaviour your talking about?

Brightgalrs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 18, 2014, 02:46:38 pm »

?

I found that gem cutter was "skewed" towards gem cutters, and it was due to a lot of dwarfs (all) had a preference for a gem

"Multicolored metal" aren't usable in fortress mode, so it should ignore this preference when calculating roles. It shouldn't show dwarfs with preferences of these types of metals as viable metalcrafters, weaponsmiths, armorsmiths, etc.

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 18, 2014, 02:56:46 pm »

Tested Linux 40.03, everything is running smoothly, no bugs so far.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 18, 2014, 03:00:35 pm »

I could be wrong but... I don't think it'll have too much of an affect.

There were some more ideas we were gonna throw around to adjust thebway prefs r handled. Such as excluding prefs that don't exist in a population from role calculations. But... Im not sure if that's the same thing here. Currently prefs are measured on # ofatches/prefs defined within role. We treat group matches a lil special though. A single match is 1, a double group match is say 1.1 but... I don't want to get into too much detail.

Majukey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 18, 2014, 03:52:07 pm »

You're awesome Splinterz, thank you.

Jacko13

• Bay Watcher
  • Please Urist wear your masterwork steel armour
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 18, 2014, 04:44:18 pm »

Loving the latest version splinterz! Thanks.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #912 on: July 18, 2014, 06:15:19 pm »

?

"Multicolored metal" aren't usable in fortress mode, so it should ignore this preference when calculating roles. It shouldn't show dwarfs with preferences of these types of metals as viable metalcrafters, weaponsmiths, armorsmiths, etc.
yeah i see what you mean, i'll remove that.

pexium

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Had "fun" recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 18, 2014, 06:23:29 pm »

-snip-
40.01 and 40.03 seem to be stable for linux. the osx ones should be able to be used by just updating the hash.

-snip-

Do you know if anyone is currently working on updating the hash?

No matter WHERE I build my depot, the damn traders get stuck.  They get stuck in the woods.  They get stuck on the road, and if you explain that one to me, I'll give you a sweet.  They get stuck entering the depot.  They get stuck leaving the depot.  They rocket all over the map, but can't trade.

kenlon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 18, 2014, 10:08:33 pm »

Tested Linux 40.03, everything is running smoothly, no bugs so far.

Hmm. When I fire up Dwarf Therapist, DF stops updating the window and just goes blank. I'm running Debian Jessie, and I did notice that even though I followed the instructions in BUILDING.txt, there's no "dwarftherapist" script in /usr/bin, just the DwarfTherapist binary. Did I do something wrong here?
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 222