Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 970719 times)

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.4 | DF 40.06
« Reply #1215 on: August 05, 2014, 09:25:40 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:26:29 pm by Toady One »

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: August 05, 2014, 09:28:08 pm »

The two missing labors is the one thing stopping me from using the new labor view at the moment. Once I figure out how to add them back in* I'll certainly switch since in every other way it does seem quite nice.

* hopefully even grouped with the hauling labors if I can manage it.
As has been mentioned, check the manual on customizing grid views to your heart's content. It's chapter 9 in the latest manual.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #1217 on: August 05, 2014, 09:41:39 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:26:41 pm by Toady One »

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: August 05, 2014, 09:49:11 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:26:57 pm by Toady One »

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #1219 on: August 05, 2014, 10:00:54 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:27:08 pm by Toady One »

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: August 05, 2014, 10:01:20 pm »

There is simply no reason to arbitrarily pick two labours out of the entire list and hide them simply because someone doesn't think they're that "important".
Gotta agree with that. Maybe someone should make a poll or something? It is clearly something that isn't appreciated by everyone.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: August 05, 2014, 10:07:07 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:27:20 pm by Toady One »

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 05, 2014, 10:08:20 pm »

There is simply no reason to arbitrarily pick two labours out of the entire list and hide them simply because someone doesn't think they're that "important".
Gotta agree with that. Maybe someone should make a poll or something? It is clearly something that isn't appreciated by everyone.
What choices should be on the poll?

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #1223 on: August 05, 2014, 10:19:47 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:27:43 pm by Toady One »

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 05, 2014, 10:23:20 pm »

Well, I can think of just a few, but feel free to add or comment on them. Also, I wasn't paying too much attention to the discussion, it's just that phrase that caught my attention.

1) Hide every unimportant labour by default instead of picking 2 unimportant labours to hide;
2) Don't hide anything and let people decide what labours are unimportant for them, creating custom gridviews if needed;
3) Hide the 2 labours that were chosen as unimportant by ResMar by default and let people create custom gridviews for hiding other labours that they consider unimportant.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:26:30 pm by Raul »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: August 05, 2014, 10:25:51 pm »

How would someone go about compiling v23.4 in linux?
You need to compile the DF2014 branch, not the master:
Code: [Select]
git clone git://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist.git DF2014

Nope. Like I said, if I do that, the compiled program says that it's version 22.0 of the branch, according to Help > About. This was the problem I was having before, it would always compile the oldest version of the branch, not the newest. I am right in thinking that github preserves all the old code, in addition to newer code?
It should be "git clone git://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist.git -b DF2014". Without the -b, git will clone DT to a folder named "DF2014".
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 05, 2014, 10:30:46 pm »

(removed)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:28:06 pm by Toady One »

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 05, 2014, 10:34:27 pm »

Well, I can think of just a few, but feel free to add or comment on them. Also, I wasn't paying too much attention to the discussion, it's just that phrase that caught my attention.

1) Hide every unimportant labour by default instead of picking 2 unimportant labours to hide;
2) Don't hide anything and let people decide what labours are unimportant for them, creating custom gridviews if needed;
3) Hide the 2 labours that were chosen as unimportant by ResMar by default and let people create custom gridviews for hiding other labours that they consider unimportant.

So, catching you up on the discussion so far - essentially there are two types of users of DT. I've yet to see anyone post anything wanting those two labors with a solid use-case for newbies, as opposed to ResMar's take on it. The bigger win is making the customization of gridviews more prominent/easier to use since those who know enough to have specific tweaks they prefer should be using customized views in the first place.

E: Wondering how hard it would be to have "community" views that you could subscribe to, a-la Steam Workshop.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:36:36 pm by salithus »

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 05, 2014, 10:50:40 pm »

So, catching you up on the discussion so far - essentially there are two types of users of DT. I've yet to see anyone post anything wanting those two labors with a solid use-case for newbies, as opposed to ResMar's take on it. The bigger win is making the customization of gridviews more prominent/easier to use since those who know enough to have specific tweaks they prefer should be using customized views in the first place.

E: Wondering how hard it would be to have "community" views that you could subscribe to, a-la Steam Workshop.
I see. Well, I'm a big fan of letting people decide what's best for them, so that's why I suggested a poll. This seems to be a thread that the newbies access a lot as well, so the poll results would probably be fairly representative of their opinion. Well, maybe. You guys probably understand the DF newbies better than me though, since I've never been much of an active community member, even though I've been a player since DF 31.04.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:54:40 pm by Raul »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #1229 on: August 05, 2014, 11:28:51 pm »

crossmr and salithus need to cool off.  Please stop fighting in the thread.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 222