Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sober Fort  (Read 4329 times)

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
Re: Sober Fort
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 05:35:15 pm »

sober fort

You're a sick, sick man.   :'(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:52:37 pm by Creaca »

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 11:26:59 pm »

running one without stone is HARD AS HELL

Not if you have magma glassworks. Glass turns time directly into money. Or blocks, as the case may be. But still. Infinite materials.

I'm a bit neurotic about building my constructions out of only blocks (not logs or raw stone)

If you've just got dirt, make the rooms HUEG [sic] and it will make up for the low quality.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 12:30:09 am »

My first accidental sober fort died of thirst.

BTW, that IS blasphemy, suggesting this.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 02:47:26 pm »

running one without stone is HARD AS HELL

Not if you have magma glassworks. Glass turns time directly into money. Or blocks, as the case may be. But still. Infinite materials.

I'm a bit neurotic about building my constructions out of only blocks (not logs or raw stone)

If you've just got dirt, make the rooms HUEG [sic] and it will make up for the low quality.

You must have misunderstood, what i mean is NO STONE, none at all, you have to build above ground, with wood. and you HAVE to import weapons, armor, etc. 

On my first attempt at this (Dwarf Port) i had to wait 7 years for my first mood, and 3 years for one group of immigrants. but that was a mess up, i left with only 20 booze, and 2 axes. i lasted 8 years before a huge immigrant wave killed my FPS.

My current attempt is going much better, since i could actually prepare.
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 02:51:17 pm »

Sober forts are UNACCEPTABLE.

UndergroundTree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 05:13:14 pm »

I have a sober fort in the tundra. 10 years without a drop of booze. Except when caravans finally come, which isn't often in a mountain sealed wasteland. Then its time to Party like its 1051!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 05:15:58 pm »

Wow, I can imagine how happy those dwarves are when they get to drink booze once a year.

UndergroundTree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 07:17:58 pm »

More like once every two years, but the elves, humans, and dwarves all see to arrive one after another (sometimes in the same season!).

Mountain ringed tundra is the best place ever! 

Course I have a problem with food. My kitchens don't want to make prepared meals because, there are no spare barrels, however I cannot get spare barrels because I have so much food, however I have so much food because 200 alcohol deprived dwarves with a legendary 100% dwarf made dining room (floors, walls, doors, statues. Nothing is natural) eat a LOT of food. I think I have 100 barrels of just plump helmets, and more coming. Curse you legendary grower with a 3x3 plot!  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]