Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rith Pillardreams, Dwarf Factory  (Read 1617 times)

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rith Pillardreams, Dwarf Factory
« on: September 09, 2008, 04:00:24 pm »

Howdy, all! I started a fortress in an inaccessible mountain valley that only the dwarves knew how to reach (via tunnel) with a nice 3x3 location, 6 tiles of forest and 3 of mountain on the left, and a volcano in the dead center, and a river on the right side 3 tiles.

I also did a lot of raw tweaking to get my dwarves acting more how I figured they would act, including allowing multiple litters as a common occurrence--from 1-3 babies per litter.

In our 3rd year, an immigrant leatherworker, Rith Pillardreams, arrived married to a peasant. They had one child already, and each of them brought an animal. Later that year, Rith's agenda became clear. Out of nowhere, she was appointed mayor, and a scant few weeks later, she was taken by a fey mood and ascended to Legendary Leatherworker status after producing a stunning Cat Leather Quiver adorned with various ascension artwork. This was apparently extremely exhilirating to her, becase she immediately returned to her bedroom with Bim and went to "Sleep".

A season later, Rith gave birth to her first set of triplets. I'm not sure if she arrived pregnant or if her womb is just superdwarvenly fast, but Rith's family now comprised 6 Dwarves.

While the fortress labored to build a massive Rhyolite Aqueduct and an inverted pyramid dedicated to mighty Armok, Rith and Bim sat in their bedroom and screwed. Their pets and children remained in the bedroom or adjecent office and dining room at nearly all times, as I couldn't find enough work for all 50+ dwarves due to the proficiency of my crafters and due to small-active-area construction projects such as 2-wide floor bridges.

Before the year's end, Rith had another set of triplets. Her children now swarmed haphazardly around the fortress when they weren't watching their parents 'Work'. Surely, this dwarf could not possibly have any more kids after squirting out 6 dwarves like toothpaste within 9 months.

Sure enough, however, the following year Rith had a third set of triplets, bringing her family up to 12 Dwarves and some 25+ pets (mostly cats and kittens).

In about 10 years when her kids finish growing up, this fortress will officially belong to Rith and her family, as they will make up a sizable chunk of the population, and presumably they will all continue to reproduce as I have not capped babies or children (despite a population cap of 65, I have 82 dwarves now).

Childbearing doesn't earn a dwarf titles, but since 100% of these kids are going to become soldiers when they grow up, Rith is a military champion in her own right. I gave her a title myself.

quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Rith Pillardreams, Dwarf Factory
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 04:52:18 pm »

This is what happens when you mess with the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 07:11:19 pm »

I wish I had Multiple litters common on my tags.

Alas, all I have is DF player.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

brainfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 05:12:54 pm »

I'd dwarf her factory, if you know what I mean
You can allow or stop your dwarves from eating these mushrooms, but it's entirely optional and doesn't turn Dwarf Fortress into Dwarf hookah-smoking pad.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 05:23:44 pm »

There is nothing to catch in the lewd jokes swamp.
Urist McBrainfire was struck down.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 05:33:04 pm »

I don' get it. ._.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 05:36:03 pm »

I don' get it. ._.
Don't ask.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 12:05:45 pm »

Jay McYouMustHaveInterestingParents has canceled joke: Interrupted by carp.

Never forget Jay. Never forget.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 02:43:43 pm »

Hey, if I paint his head blue, then will he drop blue jay skulls for use in reactions?

Nyuk nyuk
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.