Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1221656 times)

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard - 1.0.0.123
« Reply #2865 on: August 10, 2011, 03:02:22 pm »

Skarner is awesome. Like, incredibly awesome. Just stack attack speed + on hit effects on him and you'll have a champion which will win 1v1, always. Phantom Dancer is a must-have on this guy, the 15% movement speed bonus is needed, because you don't have any gap closers.

I ripped through the enemy as if they were minions :3 He sucks early game though and I can't seem to effectively jungle with him either but late game? Triple kills after every teamfight :P

Edit: Blah, everyone's talking about making this guy an AP tank. He shouldn't be played like that! A high attack speed keeps his shield up, allows him to burst heal every 2-3 seconds and the on hit effects tear an enemy apart. But, like I said, he sucks early game :(
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:04:49 pm by Shadowgandor »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: August 10, 2011, 03:26:30 pm »

Actualy, using him as melee teemo doesn't sound that bad. Build madreds, wit's end, boots, then go all tank. I've never seen anyone do this, but it honestly doesn't sound too bad considering his abilities. I'm just worried if you'd be able to actualy survive long enough for it to make any difference, given how fragile he supposedly is. I've seen this work with nocturne, and honestly skarner's kit seems to fit that build better.

Ah hell, I'm going to get him and pantheon, and just get trundle later. Extra runes can wait, trundle is just that good.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:31:27 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: August 10, 2011, 04:00:46 pm »

Actualy, using him as melee teemo doesn't sound that bad. Build madreds, wit's end, boots, then go all tank. I've never seen anyone do this, but it honestly doesn't sound too bad considering his abilities. I'm just worried if you'd be able to actualy survive long enough for it to make any difference, given how fragile he supposedly is. I've seen this work with nocturne, and honestly skarner's kit seems to fit that build better.

Ah hell, I'm going to get him and pantheon, and just get trundle later. Extra runes can wait, trundle is just that good.

QFT. That's how I went, just with Phantom Dancers added for the extra movement speed and attack speed :) And I eventually sold something (can't recall what the item was called, it's active could increase the movement speed of the whole group by 40%) in change for a black cleaver. The added armor debuff made it even easier to shred the enemy.
I levelled E and W and R and getting a level in Q. E was my main dps method, because of my high as, I could spam it like crazy :P

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: August 10, 2011, 04:03:28 pm »

Edit: Blah, everyone's talking about making this guy an AP tank. He shouldn't be played like that! A high attack speed keeps his shield up, allows him to burst heal every 2-3 seconds and the on hit effects tear an enemy apart. But, like I said, he sucks early game :(
Who the hell builds him as an ap tank?!

You get a goddamn Nashors and go hybrid with some tankyness thrown in. Run the hell in after an initiation and permaslow their squishies and drag them towards your allies.

Just a note: He is susceptible as hell to CC. No autoattacks = no shields/permaslows to keep from kiting = cooked crab. Like 75% Of the damage I took went to my shield, and once its good enough to eat a turret shot combined with the ult, oh boy.

Why does it have to be so late?! I wanna play Skarner... =(

Hint for everyone: You can drag people farther when you have your shield on, because of the MS. I wonder how it would go with a ghost and a shurelias...hmm....

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: August 10, 2011, 04:22:12 pm »

The AP tank thing involved lichbane. Since he can abuse lichbane proc and has decent ratios, it seemed legit.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: August 10, 2011, 04:30:01 pm »

I've seen successful Skarners. The ones that haven't gotten a ton of kills have been tanky as fuck.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: August 10, 2011, 05:19:13 pm »

Well whatever he is there is one thing that makes him absolutely awesome, his ult is probably one of the most satisfying things to look at, easily the best looking ult atm.

Also i never manage to finish any of my builds for him, we loose every single time, it's not me completely responisble, someone else feeds and when i start dying because i just happen to be with the team they blame me for failing the game.Like my current game, i go laning with Lee Sin against Olaf and Kassa (who are premade i think) while our Blitz and Yi feed Panth to godlike status, then they bitch at us for not helping them :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: August 10, 2011, 05:38:01 pm »

I laned with an Amumu who constantly bandages himself into both enemies (Nocturne and Irelia) and promptly died.  Fed Nocturne fucked bot, bot fucked mid, AP teemo left half-your-healthbar shrooms all over our jungle, the usual.
Shoes...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: August 10, 2011, 05:52:55 pm »

I laned with an Amumu who constantly bandages himself into both enemies (Nocturne and Irelia) and promptly died.  Fed Nocturne fucked bot, bot fucked mid, AP teemo left half-your-healthbar shrooms all over our jungle, the usual.
Y U NO HELP ME?!? THEY STUNNED!!!11 REPORT TEAMMATE FOR UNSKILED PLYER!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: August 10, 2011, 05:57:05 pm »

Apparently Skarner's Q is glitched to not deal full damage to jungle monsters. So his jungling is significantly worse than intended.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: August 10, 2011, 06:04:02 pm »

Lol13minute queue
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: August 10, 2011, 06:06:57 pm »

Lol13minute queue

You think you have it hard? Try 45 minute queues.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: August 10, 2011, 06:46:19 pm »

Stupid server stuff. I had a full premade and everyone disconnected and screwed up, and now I have to queue up.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 06:47:53 pm by penguinofhonor »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: August 10, 2011, 07:05:53 pm »

I've been getting strange lag spikes since this patch, it almost cost as an easy one once. First two teamfights, everything I did was 10 seconds behind me telling Morgana to do it, which got team members killed and let our foes escape. Then it started running fine and we wiped the goddamn floor with them, killing one every 30 seconds or so as we made a 10-minute long game-ending pushfest.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: August 10, 2011, 07:19:04 pm »

Yeah, the server is messing up my characters too. I'd get stuck for no reason for 30 seconds while everyone else is fine. My character would fail to last hit even though I click on the minions. Things like that.

Anyway, I played like 5 or so games as Skarner, going from AP to AD and tank etc.

I think building him like Irelia is the way to go. His damage before you get Sheen is really, really negligible. Once you get Sheen the dps starts to come in. He's also pretty weak early on when he doesn't have full skills / mana / items. Other than that it's fine.

I think the big thing is that his range on the ult seems pathetically small. It's almost melee range. So while you'd think a suppress that lets you drag people around is incredible, the fact is that when compared to suppressions from Malzahar or Urgot or Warwick, he needs to be right beside the target to suppress. This leads to some pretty nasty situations where for example, you need to cancel Nunu / Katarina ultimate but you can't get there.

I also noticed that in the chaotic mess of a 5v5 teamfight, no one notices your suppress and it doesn't do enough damage on its own to properly finish people off. This is true with all other suppresses, but again, because Skarner's ult is used mostly to identify and mark a target for death (as the range is too short for emergency cancels... when your teammates can't see you doing your thing for that 1.5 seconds... it's essentially wasted.

However, what his ult is damn good at doing is initiating fights. That's why I think tanky like Irelia is the way to go.

Edit: Oh yeah, if you want to win 100% of all your games right now. Play Nasus before they nerf him. It is unbelievably, absolutely incredibly insane how strong he is now. He will win in level 1. He will win in mid game. He will rape everyone in late game.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 1067