Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1221831 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Riven - Season 1 Update - 1.0.0.125
« Reply #4050 on: September 20, 2011, 07:38:21 pm »

Winning the game by some 20 kills a lot of towers and some dragons and a baron, internet dies :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: September 20, 2011, 07:46:49 pm »

Morgana was aways good, she just suffered from absurd mana costs and long ass cooldowns. Then they fix her mana costs and suddenly she's OP, just like they add extra 3% spellvamp to nasus's passive and people call him OP :P
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: September 20, 2011, 08:03:34 pm »

Re Nasus: Yes, that's what happens when you buff someone who's already good.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: September 20, 2011, 08:05:03 pm »

Morgana was aways good, she just suffered from absurd mana costs and long ass cooldowns. Then they fix her mana costs and suddenly she's OP, just like they add extra 3% spellvamp to nasus's passive and people call him OP :P
It's a 40% increase in his passive lifesteal in the early levels, giving him greater lifesteal than Udyr, Warwick, Lee Sin. Fucking everyone. It is more lifesteal than starting with a Vampiric Sceptre.

Yes, it's absurd.

You know what else they buffed about Nasus? How about what used to be the shittiest slow in the game into the most godmode slow that can possibly exist? A slow that actually gets BETTER the more tenacity the enemy has. Not good enough? How about changing his piece of shit AOE into a burst spell that hurts like crap? Not good enough? What about the increase in autoattack range, changing him from the shortest range champion in the game to what's actually standard for melee champions?

They literally improved everything about the champion except for his ult. Even then his ult is obscene anyway. If you want to be even more fair towards this argument, you also need to include the ridiculous buffs they gave Nasus up until the point they started buffing Morgana.

- 50% increase in Siphoning Strike damage gain.
- Siphoning Strike resets autoattack

You want to compare shit like this to the teeny tiny buffs Morgana received?

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: September 20, 2011, 08:21:02 pm »

Morgana is like Cass, so underpowered and doesn't need to be nerfed one bit.

Nuh uh, not once. Lets move along before the devs get some shitty ideas off of us.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: September 20, 2011, 08:27:14 pm »

Nasus was already good ever since they increased his damage gain from 2 to 3. The problem with wither was more a bug fix then an actual buff, it was aways the best slow in the game but massively countered by tenacity since it never allowed it to reach full power, and E is still not used as a damage spell past early game because there's no point in raising it when you have Q and W to level and nasus doesn't really want to nuke creep waves down, its used because of the armor debuff, just like before.

Point is, nasus was already pretty good before the passive change, which made him popular. But the people who startedp laying him now thought he was shit before and that the buff made him OP in a flash, which isn't true. I'm also pretty sure that his Q resetted autoattacks for quiiiiite a while.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:35:53 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: September 20, 2011, 08:35:06 pm »

The passive change happened at the same time all those other buffs came (other than the Siphoning Strike). Did you forget already?

V1.0.0.123:

Range increased to 125 from 110.
    Soul Eater Soul Eater: lifesteal increased at earlier levels to 14 / 17 / 20% from 10 / 15 / 20%.
    Wither Wither:
        Cooldown reduced to 15/14/13/12/11 from 15 at all ranks.
        Mana cost reduced to 80 from 100.
        It will now reach its maximum slow even if its duration is reduced by crowd control reduction effects like Tenacity.
    Spirit Fire Spirit Fire:
        No longer has a 0.5 second delay before appearing. It retains the 0.5 second casting time.
        Now deals half damage initially and the other half over the duration instead of it just dealing damage per second:
            New: Initial 55/95/135/175/215 (+0.6 per ability power) magic damage and 11/19/27/35/43 (+0.12 per ability power) magic damage each second for the next 5 seconds.
            Old: Deals 20/34/48/62/76 (+0.2 per ability power) magic damage each second for the 6 seconds the area lasts.
    Fixed a bug where Siphoning Strike Siphoning Strike sometimes gained extra lifesteal.

^ see.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: September 20, 2011, 08:37:30 pm »

When did I say it didn't? I just said most of the changes were more bug fixes then anything, the only real buff was the passive change, E change and cdr on W. He was already pretty good, just bugged.

The most massive bug nasus has received was the siphoning strike attack gain from 2 to 3, which made him alot less farm hungry and viable before the late game. Wither already worked nicely on anyone without mercs. But with the advent of other tenacity items and other champions with CC reduction (irelia, trundle) it needed to be changed. The wither change was planned for like, ages.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:46:08 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: September 20, 2011, 08:48:57 pm »

Because a champion's only gap closer being rendered useless by an easily acessible item is an acceptable gameplay mechanic.

Because nasus uses E to do damage.

Because nasus's passive is better then udyr's turtle stance + wriggles.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: September 20, 2011, 08:54:27 pm »

I don't get what you're saying.

Cooldown reduction on Wither isn't a bugfix.
Normalizing his range isn't really a bugfix.
Spirit Fire not having a warmup is more of a change than a bugfix.
Front-loading half Spirit Fire's damage isn't a bugfix.
Buffing his passive isn't a bugfix.

The thing that really made him good was the 2->3 gain on Siphoning Strike. The thing that made him broken was fixing his Wither (an actual bugfix long-asked-for) and making his passive better, allowing him to go QWQEQRQ and sustain like a monster, with his W making him gankproof between the super CC and the ability to hijack colossal amounts of health with the hugely-scaled Q hits.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: September 20, 2011, 09:01:48 pm »

I'm just saying that the change that actualy made him monstrous was the W bugfix, much more then any of the buffs they gave him. He didn't need any of them, just the W bugfix. Altough the W cdr reduction was pretty big. However, I still don't see how front loading half the damage on E changes his gameplay in any way, you're not going to kill people with it, and there's 0 reason to level it before Q, W or R. The early game lifesteal made it slightly easier to lane, but its not as massive as people claim it to be.

But when people mention how nasus is omgsoOP, they mention E and 3% lifesteal rather then W bugfix and buff.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: September 20, 2011, 09:07:14 pm »

I'm just saying that the change that actualy made him monstrous was the W bugfix, much more then any of the buffs they gave him. He didn't need any of them, just the W bugfix. Altough the W cdr reduction was pretty big. However, I still don't see how front loading half the damage on E changes his gameplay in any way, you're not going to kill people with it, and there's 0 reason to level it before Q, W or R. The early game lifesteal made it slightly easier to lane, but its not as massive as people claim it to be.

But when people mention how nasus is omgsoOP, they mention E and 3% lifesteal rather then W bugfix and buff.

I italicized the parts of your post that are incorrect.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: September 20, 2011, 09:12:07 pm »

Because solo laning with pre patch nasus with the W change would be too hard. Totally.
Farm minions and harass with E, OP strat.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: September 20, 2011, 09:16:09 pm »

I don't have any idea what you're actually saying, so I recommend using sentences next time.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 1067