Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1219639 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Sejuani, that Permaslow Pig - 1.0.0.132
« Reply #6960 on: January 20, 2012, 07:48:28 pm »

It only takes about ten minutes to fill up off a gp/5 before it has paid for itself.

Bear in mind, that umi is talking about gp quints or seals too-

So they will be quick gp/5

speaking of gp/5, the quints are super cheap : O

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: January 20, 2012, 08:03:59 pm »

I still think that more people playing mid should take gold/10 runes and masteries and get two gp/10 items immediately.

Mid is super freaking easy and compared to top, they don't scale particularly hard with items. So you don't really lose anything by building Philo or Kage (technically, if you had Philo and Kage you'd be stronger than someone who bought a catalyst). And the extra gold is really no laughing matter. It's anywhere between 3k to 5k difference in gold by the 20th minute depending on how early you managed to score the stuff. That's up to two extra full items! When the enemy has a Deathcap, boots 1 and Catalyst, you'd have a Deathcap, RoA, 2gp/10 items, boots 2. It's a crazy difference. And even if you feed you'd still be on par with him.

Jungling too. There's no lane opponent to fight so you don't really lose anything by getting a bunch of gp/10s. If you have the 17gp/10, you'd be on par with solo lanes!

It merely doesn't work at top simply because top lane tends to rock really, REALLY strong laners that can wreck your shit if you gimped yourself with weak item choices. Not to mention bruiser items tend to be a lot stronger than mage items. (see: Wriggles vs Catalyst)

I know more and more people are subscribing to this idea. I've seen more and more high elo players doing it too and Phreak recently did the Jax spotlight doing exactly that.

If I'm building traditional AP and you're going GP/5 in mid, I will rock you in any fight until maybe late late game.
I wonder about that...

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: January 20, 2012, 08:07:50 pm »

I still think that more people playing mid should take gold/10 runes and masteries and get two gp/10 items immediately.

Mid is super freaking easy and compared to top, they don't scale particularly hard with items. So you don't really lose anything by building Philo or Kage (technically, if you had Philo and Kage you'd be stronger than someone who bought a catalyst). And the extra gold is really no laughing matter. It's anywhere between 3k to 5k difference in gold by the 20th minute depending on how early you managed to score the stuff. That's up to two extra full items! When the enemy has a Deathcap, boots 1 and Catalyst, you'd have a Deathcap, RoA, 2gp/10 items, boots 2. It's a crazy difference. And even if you feed you'd still be on par with him.

Jungling too. There's no lane opponent to fight so you don't really lose anything by getting a bunch of gp/10s. If you have the 17gp/10, you'd be on par with solo lanes!

It merely doesn't work at top simply because top lane tends to rock really, REALLY strong laners that can wreck your shit if you gimped yourself with weak item choices. Not to mention bruiser items tend to be a lot stronger than mage items. (see: Wriggles vs Catalyst)

I know more and more people are subscribing to this idea. I've seen more and more high elo players doing it too and Phreak recently did the Jax spotlight doing exactly that.

If I'm building traditional AP and you're going GP/5 in mid, I will rock you in any fight until maybe late late game.
I wonder about that...

Since most mages are AP burst, the lack of a catalyst (if its what you're going for) will hurt.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: January 20, 2012, 08:12:48 pm »

That's true, but remember I only play solid laners or tanky champions in the first place.

So it doesn't really matter for me. I'm going to stick more with gp/10 for the time being and refine it some more.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #6964 on: January 21, 2012, 05:50:14 am »

So I like incredibly aggressive champions. I'm already getting Shyvana, so where do I go from there?

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: January 21, 2012, 07:52:01 am »

Lee Sin. Dash everywhere.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: January 21, 2012, 08:28:47 am »

Play Singed and just don't give a flying turd about anything.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6967 on: January 21, 2012, 08:38:01 am »

Play Singed and just don't give a flying turd about anything.
And get Hextech revolver. Enemies chase you, you get healed. They get too close to you, fling to receive HP. Stack RoA:s. Troll them all the time.

Tryndamere and many ranged AD chumps can be really aggressive as well, such as Caitlyn or Graves. Kassadin, Katarina and LeBlanc for the aggressive mages.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: January 21, 2012, 09:15:36 am »

I find volibear to be more of a perma-slow then sejuani, by a long shot...

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: January 21, 2012, 04:48:50 pm »

I find volibear to be more of a perma-slow then sejuani, by a long shot...

You actually have to buy slow items on him though, like mallet or phage.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: January 21, 2012, 04:57:47 pm »

On a sidenote... what champ actually works well with gunblade? I try to build it on malz sometimes, but tend to still take the will of ancients, just for the extra spellvamp/ap... and those voidlings rarly, if ever, do anything that helps me.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: January 21, 2012, 05:01:57 pm »

Basically anyone that does both AP and AD damage.

Akali, Jax, Shyvana, etc.

Also, Malz can't heal off his voidlings.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: January 21, 2012, 05:08:29 pm »

did they change the fact that voidlings cant be controlled? its in their description and they have never been controlled by me.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: January 21, 2012, 05:12:39 pm »

On a sidenote... what champ actually works well with gunblade? I try to build it on malz sometimes, but tend to still take the will of ancients, just for the extra spellvamp/ap... and those voidlings rarly, if ever, do anything that helps me.

:|

What.

Never ever build gunblade on Malz, why would you do that?  Will of the Ancients is something I used to take on him occasionally, but usually fifth item.  Gunblade and WotA together is a ridiculous amount of vamp for a guy who doesn't get much use out of it anyway.

Also, Voidlings do crazy damage.  They're one of those under the radar things, nobody ever notices just how hard they hit, but they hit really hard throughout the game, especially when they hit frenzy.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: January 21, 2012, 05:15:26 pm »

did they change the fact that voidlings cant be controlled? its in their description and they have never been controlled by me.
Yup, the only way to control them is with malefic visions.
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 1067