Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1219699 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Hecarim, the Shadow of War - 1.0.0.138
« Reply #8100 on: April 26, 2012, 04:53:04 am »

New Haunting Guise looks interesting, but I'm not sure who will prefer mPen/movespeed over other items that can give you health/mana sustain (revolver/catalyst) that tends to be more important during the laning phase.
Well, Viktor is gonna like it, if you buy the upgrade which boosts your speed with Q. Superfast compared to most mages, and shield from Q as well, means you get away easily.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: April 26, 2012, 02:54:19 pm »

Ryze... should never have made him into the Q chaingunner he is today, they exchanged a questionable design that allowed for freedom of build for one that broke him and constricted him into getting the same kit every game or sucking. Not Riot's design at its finest.
Oh sweet and fluffy Lord, is this ever true. I tried an experimental build with Ryze last night against Intermediate bots, going bot lane and building Ryze as a CC support (leveling up that W snare first, then E+Q). Spectacular failure, especially coming against Singed/Blitzcrank. Snare duration is just too short, and not building Q early leaves him with essentially no firepower.

Also finally got around to playing Shaco. Yeah, I can see why he's a noob trap. And why playing against a skillfull one is so painful. And why having one on your team can be painful "oh hey, that almost-dead guy getting away from you? Q-stabitty stab. I'm helping!"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: April 26, 2012, 03:14:29 pm »

I've been playing a bit of Nunu lately, I watch the following video every day to give me inspiration:
Nunus Big Play

Also finally got around to playing Shaco. Yeah, I can see why he's a noob trap. And why playing against a skillfull one is so painful. And why having one on your team can be painful "oh hey, that almost-dead guy getting away from you? Q-stabitty stab. I'm helping!"

As I understand it he is helping, because at worst he turned a solo kill into a kill plus assist, so more net gold for the team. KS = kill secured!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: April 26, 2012, 03:17:29 pm »

I heartily agree, but tell that to the people who act like you just shit in their cornflakes because you got the last packet of damage when they thought it should be "their" kill.  ::)

I mean it's one thing if you have a melee char who's busy hacking away at an enemy (and doing a good job of it) and then Annie come skipping along and tosses a single basic attack at the last second. But most times it's a pitched battle, and you're trying to help out an ally and/or trying to stop a fleeing enemy from getting away. Oddly players who excel at that get yelled at by their "friends". Go fig.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 03:21:25 pm by RedKing »

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

khantin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: April 26, 2012, 10:57:27 pm »

Got my first pentakill in ranked today :D

I did it with tristana, had ie pd lw and just sat in the back melting whoever came near me. I play support like 90% of the time so its pretty rare for me to even get kills.

Also the win has tied my current rating of 1496 with my highest rating of 1496  :)

Just wanted to share with someone lol.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: April 26, 2012, 11:09:34 pm »

I heartily agree, but tell that to the people who act like you just shit in their cornflakes because you got the last packet of damage when they thought it should be "their" kill.  ::)

I mean it's one thing if you have a melee char who's busy hacking away at an enemy (and doing a good job of it) and then Annie come skipping along and tosses a single basic attack at the last second. But most times it's a pitched battle, and you're trying to help out an ally and/or trying to stop a fleeing enemy from getting away. Oddly players who excel at that get yelled at by their "friends". Go fig.

Even if annie takes the kill with a single auto attack, I'd prefer that over her not getting an assist. A kill + an assist is always better for the team then just a kill.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8106 on: April 27, 2012, 03:28:18 am »

Even if annie takes the kill with a single auto attack, I'd prefer that over her not getting an assist. A kill + an assist is always better for the team then just a kill.
Depends actually. If your support would take all the last hits, they are gonna get their items quick but once the enemy focusefires it down, you have 4 guys with no gold whatsoever. Thats why same carry can't hog all the kills, if they die, rest of the team isn't gonna do jackshit.

So if your 18/3/4 Ahri is about to kill someone, feel free to KS from her. If your 2/5/11 Caitlyn is about to kill someone, don't KS it. Just don't.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: April 27, 2012, 07:51:23 am »

I can understand serious kill-stealing, but the people who cry kill-stealer in the middle of a heated engagement are just silly. I was playing as Nunu with a Garen who cried KS frequently, but most of the times weren't on purpose. One time the enemy champion had retreated behind their tower and I killed him with an ice blast from Nunu. Garen cried kill-steal even though he would have died if he had dove.

But what really is more annoying that KS'ing, in my opinion, is buff stealing. I mean seriously, if you're a mage and about to grab blue buff and a Trynadamere comes out of nowhere and steals the buff... hnnng.

Seriously: "Lalala getting blue buff as Veigar oh hey Trynadamere has come to help me a bit just don't steal the buf- fffffffuuuuuu-"
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: April 27, 2012, 09:36:13 am »

Admittedly, CDR from blue helps anybody. But yeah, I did that once by accident, early on. It was just "Oh look a friend is fighting a big rock guy. I WILL HELP U FRIEND! HEY WHAT ARE THESE FLOATY BLUE TINGS ROUND ME?" >_<

Why is it lately that any game where we have a Kennen, he turns out to be a total douchebag? Laned top with one as Taric, intent on playing pure support. Stuns + heals all day long. Dude starts raging when Ahri shows up to gank and gets the kill. Then starts raging at me when I wade in to help out with my big blinghammer and happen to get the last hit. And when I tossed a stun at a fleeing Ryze and happened to stun him just a wee bit too hard and killed him. And when I had done 60% of the damage to someone already, he tosses a lightning at someone, and then I hit and kill them and he just about lost it. Finally (after fair warning that I would do this the next time he bitched), I just stood there and let a near-dead Sona flutter right by me as he desperately tried to chase them down and got waxed by the tower, just to prove my point.

Don't piss off the support, they're ON YOUR SIDE. I love playing support in most games, but I can understand why people get sick of it in LoL. In most games, your teammates are thrilled when you heal them, debuff the bad guys, buff the good guys and can toss your own meager firepower into the mix. But not here.

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: April 27, 2012, 09:49:44 am »

Why is it lately that any game where we have a Kennen, he turns out to be a total douchebag?

Because you shouldn't steal his thunder. Ba-dum-tish.

On a more serious note: the game is psychologically engineered to create social frustrations. And not even Riots (and Valve's for that matter) 'fair play' crusade can fix the inherent issues that bring out douchebaggery.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: April 27, 2012, 12:55:58 pm »

I wish I could parse that picture, because it looks like it's supposed to be hilarious. I wish I had regular access to a computer capable of playing LoL, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: April 27, 2012, 01:08:11 pm »

"OMG dood shot lightning from his hands must be hax"

"OMG this big zombie looking guy built only health items and wasted our whole team...hax"

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8114 on: April 27, 2012, 04:23:44 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqT14k6BsC0&feature=g-u-u

Spectator mode coming soon. To prevent cheating on live games, there is 3 minute delay.

This actually seems really good, if it comes within this month, I'm gonna be quite happy.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:25:50 pm by Bordellimies »
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 1067