Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1221656 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Spectator Mode + Varus - 1.0.0.139
« Reply #8265 on: May 11, 2012, 07:03:23 am »

I just roll with full AS (+38%) when jungling Mundo, since I don't have anything else. All my runepages are full anyways.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: May 11, 2012, 07:46:34 am »

Carried harder than I've ever carried before as Xin Zhao. 26/3/1. I am, apparently, legendary. Or so the announcer seemed fond of saying.

Followed that up by a game where I took Taric instead because we had a Master Yi and no support. I wound up laning with Yi, and wanted to reach out and strangle the dumb little fuck. Laning top v. Leona/Wukong, I kept isolating one or the other deep near our tower, would ping the target, stun the target, and proceed to look over and see Master Yi fapping in the bushes. Another time, I had Wukong 98% dead before I got killed, and a fully-healed Master Yi is within range to use alpha strike and just sits there, not even farming minions. Our Akali was the only one on that team that was any damn good. She had 2/3 of our teamkills, and I had 2/3 of the team assists.

This is the inherent disadvantage of playing support: you can make others stronger, keep them alive, weaken your enemies....but if the majority of your team are a bunch of fuckwits, you're still going to lose. At least with a carry, if you play hard enough (like my Xin Zhao above) you can single-handedly save the day.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8267 on: May 11, 2012, 07:49:02 am »

Support is only as good as his lane partner, so if the carry sucks, support can't make it all work. But the support takes the blame even if the carry fucks up.

EDIT: Played Malphite. I was hoping to reach 800 AD, but I guess 709 was close enough.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:40:12 am by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8268 on: May 12, 2012, 02:46:11 am »

Had a big turn-around game.  We were getting pwned in every lane until about 20 minutes, then suddenly my teammates start screaming PUSH MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  Next thing I know, we've downed two towers and won a team fight o_O  My team suddenly decided I was now the AP carry (Anivia) and their entire goal in each fight would be to keep me fed and alive.  We preceded to bully the other team to the base, winning team fight after team fight.  Every time I went back to base, I had thousands of gold to spend.  By the time we had them down to their nexus, I had 600+ AP and was pulling off lolbonk types of nuke in people's faces.  We won.

Made my night.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8269 on: May 13, 2012, 09:27:44 pm »

Took the plunge and bought Orianna the other day. Enjoying the hell out of her right now, because it seems very few people know how to counter her. Or what constitutes "safe range". Gap closers aren't as effective, because I can E to bring the ball back to myself and shield, then W to run away fast and leave a slow patch behind me (and do a couple hundred damage in the process).

Not getting a tremendous amount of kills (relatively low damage output), but tons of assists and very few deaths. Kind of pain to build items for though. Have to build mana regen like crazy early on, then transition into AP.

Odd thing is that even though I'm not building armor, health or MR, she's surprisingly tough for a mage.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: May 13, 2012, 09:34:09 pm »

Lich bane makers her a demon when I played LoL she who I played the most

The one that turn you ap in to ad LoL need a refresher orb now that would be sweet.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:21:44 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8271 on: May 15, 2012, 03:43:41 am »

Summoner's Rift is getting a graphics update!

I just got here from the PBE and boy are my arms tired and the graphics update is awesome. The entire map is in a slightly different style, looking like a sleeker version of the current map but still definitely in that LoL cartoony style.

Golem has a new model and it's significantly bigger, as well as being a sort of gray-brown. It's kind of scary. Turrets look bigger, though I'm not sure if they actually are. There's a lot more detail and variety in the map, and it looks like you're zoomed in more than before but I don't think so. I think the angle is very slightly different though. Lizard Elder just looks like a higher definition version of his old self, and all three small camps just sort of look more detailed than before.

Also, some minor UI tweaks, including finally putting your CS in the top right next to your KDA.

And there are some new skins too. I like the Shyvana one, and all the Swain players are flipping out about his. And Ashe got her remodel (she now has 10% of a personality rather than 0% of one), as well as Amethyst Ashe finally getting purple arrows.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8272 on: May 15, 2012, 06:26:05 am »

So Baron Nashor now has lips. He looks ugly. 3/10 would not play gg riot

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8273 on: May 15, 2012, 08:24:01 am »

Had a big turn-around game.  We were getting pwned in every lane until about 20 minutes, then suddenly my teammates start screaming PUSH MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  Next thing I know, we've downed two towers and won a team fight o_O  My team suddenly decided I was now the AP carry (Anivia) and their entire goal in each fight would be to keep me fed and alive.  We preceded to bully the other team to the base, winning team fight after team fight.  Every time I went back to base, I had thousands of gold to spend.  By the time we had them down to their nexus, I had 600+ AP and was pulling off lolbonk types of nuke in people's faces.  We won.

Made my night.

Anivia is the friendly local weatherstorm.
Napoleon couldn't beat the russian winter, and neither can Talon.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8274 on: May 15, 2012, 11:31:22 pm »

Darius, the Hand of Noxus
Spoiler: picture (click to show/hide)

Big guy with axe. I'm wondering what makes him more than a generic Noxian dumb tough guy.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8275 on: May 16, 2012, 02:44:43 am »

Big guy with axe. I'm wondering what makes him more than a generic Noxian dumb tough guy.
Hey look, its Sion's brother.
I'm hoping for a similar kit as for Sion, something that is durable and can be palyed both as an AP or AD. But most liekly he'll be a tanky dps.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8276 on: May 16, 2012, 08:07:27 am »

Hey look, its Sion's brother.
I'm hoping for a similar kit as for Sion, something that is durable and can be palyed both as an AP or AD. But most liekly he'll be a tanky dps.
I heard he is going to be a melee caster, like Renekton.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8277 on: May 16, 2012, 08:21:33 am »

I'll go ahead and say he has an ability to decrease armor on-hit, an ability to do poison (DoT) damage on-hit, and some kind of steroid. No idea about the ult or passive.

Finally got around to playing Nautilus and Shyvana for freebie week. Dang, those two are fun.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8278 on: May 16, 2012, 08:41:16 am »

Well I guess that we have at least one ablitiy with [more dmg the less hp the enemy has], like vollys E (?), pants passive and garens ult...

It would be nice to have another special-farm champ (like sion/veigar)...

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8279 on: May 16, 2012, 09:49:27 am »

Well I guess that we have at least one ablitiy with [more dmg the less hp the enemy has], like vollys E (?), pants passive and garens ult...

It would be nice to have another special-farm champ (like sion/veigar)...

Riot doesn't wanna give out infinity, but something you can charge up to full power might be feasible.
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 1067