Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1219613 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9225 on: July 26, 2012, 09:39:57 am »

I give up. Salmon refuses to be convinced.

Frumple, you absolutely have to stop playing bots forever if you want to get a good idea of champions. That's like walking with a crutch when you're born turn never dropping it.
Intermediate bots gives you an ultra spanking actually, and learns you to play carefully. The instant they see a projectile coming out of a bush, or you even slow/stun them, they stun you just as fast. IT'S HAX I TELL YOU, HAX! Aimbots everywhere.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9226 on: July 26, 2012, 09:45:19 am »

I wish Riot would make "Expert Bots" which would possibly cheat, just for the challenge. Since bots don't use runes and masteries either (Or I think they don't) they could receive a buff, kinda like in Dominion how you have more manaregen but less hp regen. Maybe have the bots get exp 15-25% faster, since they spend so much time being dead. And get at least 50% more gold from all sources, if bots still use gold. I think they used to get items per levels, not by gold, but I'm not sure how it is at the moment.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9227 on: July 26, 2012, 10:30:02 am »

Since bots don't use runes and masteries either
They do. They even use obsolete Rune of Evasion which doesn't do anything.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9228 on: July 26, 2012, 10:50:12 am »

Since bots don't use runes and masteries either
They do. They even use obsolete Rune of Evasion which doesn't do anything.
Ah, ok. Where can I see what runes they use?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9229 on: July 26, 2012, 10:55:53 am »

I give up. Salmon refuses to be convinced.

Frumple, you absolutely have to stop playing bots forever if you want to get a good idea of champions. That's like walking with a crutch when you're born turn never dropping it.
Intermediate bots gives you an ultra spanking actually, and learns you to play carefully. The instant they see a projectile coming out of a bush, or you even slow/stun them, they stun you just as fast. IT'S HAX I TELL YOU, HAX! Aimbots everywhere.
Yeah, those reaction-time stuns...I hate playing against Sion Bot. They're also capable of some nice ganks if you don't keep map awareness. And Ashe Bot has a habit of nailing me with her ult from halfway across the map.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9230 on: July 26, 2012, 12:13:43 pm »

I still have nightmares about trying to kill Brand bot. The second you are in range you are on fire and stunned. At the same time.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9231 on: July 26, 2012, 12:22:05 pm »

God have mercy on our souls if they release LeBlanc Bot. Instanukes left and right.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9232 on: July 26, 2012, 01:59:43 pm »

God have mercy on our souls if they release LeBlanc Bot. Instanukes left and right.

Play Evelynn in Co-op. Accidentally step into LeBlanc's vision and die instantly.
Also often called Boowells.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9233 on: July 26, 2012, 02:29:53 pm »

Karthus Bot sometimes makes for an interesting game. But in general they are way too predictable and exploitable. And they don't stand and fight when they have a good chance of winning and both are low.

I loved it when suddenly the bots would go to random lanes a patch or two ago (would be fun with more random team compositions too), but then they changed it back again to the same old boring stuff.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9234 on: July 26, 2012, 03:16:56 pm »

Karthus Bot sometimes makes for an interesting game. But in general they are way too predictable and exploitable. And they don't stand and fight when they have a good chance of winning and both are low.

I loved it when suddenly the bots would go to random lanes a patch or two ago (would be fun with more random team compositions too), but then they changed it back again to the same old boring stuff.
I've actually seen the bots change up lane pairings if one lane is getting roflstomped. Leona/Trundle getting their ass kicked top? Suddenly Leona goes bottom, Annie goes top and one of the bottom laners goes mid. Things like that. They're actually more responsive to changing lane pairings than the vast majority of human teams are (where instead of recognizing bad synergy and changing up, people will just swear and call the bad pairing a bunch of noobs).

They'll bunch up and go 4 or 5 strong in a single lane sometimes (and not always mid push either). Of course, that's very exploitable if you have a good defensive character in that lane (Heimerdinger comes to mind). They'll waste time and energy tentative pushing against his turrets while the rest of your team chews up the other two lanes.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #9235 on: July 26, 2012, 04:34:16 pm »

I've been playing a fair bit of this recently, and figured I'd come share exploits. I'm pretty bad, mind, but if anyone doesn't mind putting up with my terribleness, I'd be up for some games. I'm EU west as Simmura.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9236 on: July 26, 2012, 04:45:58 pm »

I've been playing a fair bit of this recently, and figured I'd come share exploits. I'm pretty bad, mind, but if anyone doesn't mind putting up with my terribleness, I'd be up for some games. I'm EU west as Simmura.
Caomhinn here, sent you an invite. Welcome to Eu :o

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9237 on: July 26, 2012, 04:55:49 pm »

I still have nightmares about trying to kill Brand bot. The second you are in range you are on fire and stunned. At the same time.

I feel you

BrandBot at lvl 3 is can kill anyone with his combo and once he has his ulti even when ganking (which is the only way to kill him) 1 of the gankers will die unless its a stealthed stun from bush or something.

Of course you can just go long range champ like Ezreal and poke him to death easy enough, but trying to kill BrandBot as a melee champ was horrifying even when 2,3+ levels from him.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9238 on: July 26, 2012, 05:15:03 pm »

My stupidity sensors are tingling!

Sorc Shoes on Poppy.... I'm not even sure where to start. The only poorer choice for boots is Zerks, maybe CDR boots. Armor boots are a must in the jungle, and sometimes you'll want to take them top for a lane you aren't already 4/0 in. Merc Treads are great because Mercs, and Swiftness/Mobi have amazing synergy with W. Of course, if you don't only have 6 Trinity Forces, (It used to be Gunblades+Mobi, but that got killed), you're not fed enough to actually be playing Poppy, so no boots is the only real option.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9239 on: July 26, 2012, 05:50:02 pm »

They have gotten better, but i wouldn't call it an ultra spanking, once you figure them out it's still very easy to go 20/0 and win before the 20 min mark. What they do is spam all their spells (including ults and summoner spells) as soon as they can, and go back to the nexus as soon as they're hurt below maybe 25% (dunno about mana). Also they will at some point start to switch lanes, or gather all their team if you're killing the 2nd turrets. And they will focus you with uncanny precision and timing if you happen to be the lowest-hp champion.

So, sure, they can get some kills if they manage to surprise you, but if you know what you're doing, they are really weak. Something you can do to get kills easily is hurt them a bit until they start running, then ignore them and don't chase, they will often come back if their hp is not too low, and at this point you can finish them up using your burst. You can also use that tactic to make one of them run away and then 2v1 the remaining bot.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:52:00 pm by Sirian »
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 1067