Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1221831 times)

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Rengar, the Pridestalker - 1.0.0.145
« Reply #9720 on: August 19, 2012, 04:06:23 am »

Fnatic vs CLG - 3rd Place Game - IEM Gamescom
http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_lol
  The winning team qualifies for the season 2 championship, so quite an important fixture as 3rd place matches go..
Game one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Game two/three:
M5 vs. SK - Grand Final - IEM Gamescom
Game one
Game two/three
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:14:22 am by baruk »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9721 on: August 19, 2012, 08:19:02 am »

OMNOMNOM.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9722 on: August 19, 2012, 09:38:27 am »

I'ma chill in TS in case anyone's holding ARAM/Dominion/I guess regular game sessions.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9723 on: August 19, 2012, 10:07:27 am »

Okay, list of bay12 and friends for ARAM that have joined us thus far:

Benzenoid
Bluerobin
BowlSoldier
Breadbocks
ceelo619
Chief Tiger
deviantTwilight
dossom
dragonthing
Emanuel56
Engysback
FortunaCookie
HowHardAreFish
Inteuniso
Jack TheJil
JustAPerson
KaelGotRice
Luckspade
Naxza
Pan Luoyi
PsyberianHusky
Rebal
Rift06
SalmonGod
Slapfish
Snafubar
The Pengo
Viscoth
webadict
Woose1
Zakarul

If I forgot anyone, sorry, my bad.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9724 on: August 19, 2012, 10:54:08 am »

So I picked up Malzahar and realized there's really no reason to play him. Newer champions do even more damage on lower cooldowns with less mana and hit more people, and his lack of regular hard crowd control in a dash-happy tanky-deeps meta means that I'm as good as dead as soon as an "optimal" enemy shows up. At least, that's how I feel with Dominion.

I'm really sick of seeing certain champions that are just better than others because they're newer. Power creep is horrible.
I always play Mals as AD in Dominion. Get Armor Penetration and CDR for runes, masteries specced for +mana/level, flat AD, CDR & MPen. Ignite + Exhaust for summoner spells.

Level normally (Nether Grasp > Malefic Visions > Call of da Void > Null Zone). Start by buying boots + Tear of goddess, put 1 level to each skill, and spam your abilities before the game starts (to charge tear)

Rush for Mercury Treads ASAP, then Brutalizer and then turn that tear into Manamune. Get either the Frozen Heart component (seal) or Hexdrinker, and get the other one next. Now get either Hextech Revolver -> Gunblade, or finish Hexdrinker into Maw of Malmortius, or finish seal into Frozen Heart.

His strength comes from incredible pushing power, ability to regain mana very easily with his visions and his strong area damage. He is a great anti-mage since most mages get flat health for defence, and Null Zone deals with that, his voidlings deal immensely high physical damage for not having any AD, and his ability to harass and push continuously often fucks people up. Anyone who blinks in can be dealt with Null Zone + Call of the Void at your own feet and then using ult to lock the enemy down. Ignite + Visions to finish off. Also, 2 of his abilities + his voidlings deal damage over time without being channeled, meaning that you can still deal damage while stunned.
His weaknesses probably would be crowd control since he has no escape mechanisms.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9725 on: August 19, 2012, 11:20:13 am »

Not gonna lie, AD Malzahar is fun in Dominion.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9726 on: August 19, 2012, 12:15:41 pm »

ARAM session going live!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: August 19, 2012, 06:26:26 pm »

Still doing ARAM

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: August 20, 2012, 05:54:05 am »

I'm Darayavaush in-game and am always ready for some anything on EUNE.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9729 on: August 20, 2012, 09:42:31 am »

I decided I didn't already have to much on my plate and so decided to learn this game and play it some. Any advice for someone just getting into this game?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9730 on: August 20, 2012, 09:48:11 am »

The ignore function is your friend, if someone is annoying you, ignore their ass.

Other than that, if you have any expirience in MOBA games you're pretty much set as far as the basics go, the only thing you can do is to learn the champs, items, abilities and their combinations. But that really comes just with playing (atleast it did for me, just reading walls of text about something isn't as helpful as expiriencing it first hand).

Find some champs you like (design, abilities, gameplay style, whetever you enjoy) and try and play them for a while if you can, in time you'll find your niche (suppor, carry, etc.) and be able to recognize which champs belong where, thus making your choices easier.

And to conclude, there are B12 members on all the servers I think (not sure about China) so it's not hard to find someone to play a few games with and get the ropes of it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9731 on: August 20, 2012, 10:02:11 am »

I have not played MOBA type games that much or really at all any time recently. I only played DoTA way back in the beta and not very much. I do understand the concepts though. Is there any good video tutorials which bring you through the basics? Oh and I am signed up for North America as Akhier.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9732 on: August 20, 2012, 10:53:48 am »

Well you have in-game starter tutorials, not sure where they are exactly located since I haven't really played them, but they give you a nice idea of the basics in the form of quests (telling the right time to push and stuff like that). There are tutorials on YT, but these are mostly champion specific (can be quite useful at first if you don't have an idea how a certain champion should be played).

One important thing to learn is last hitting.

Here's a fun one, but there are plenty more which are more serious and comprehensive on the matter.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9733 on: August 20, 2012, 11:06:16 am »

MOBA is actually a quite bad way to describe games like LoL or DotA, since games like Counter Strike are also MOBA games.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: August 20, 2012, 11:09:54 am »

MOBA is actually a quite bad way to describe games like LoL or DotA, since games like Counter Strike are also MOBA games.

It might be bad but it works.

Most people refer to CS TF2 CoD ETC. as FPS instead of MOBA despite MOBA is techinally correct as well.
At least i never saw anyone refering to CS as "MOBA".
All that while games like LoL DotA HoN are called MOBA.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 1067