Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1219647 times)

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Season 3!
« Reply #11235 on: March 09, 2013, 08:26:11 am »

Even Frost can't cope with Singed. He seems to have benefited a lot from the changes to tear of the goddess.
 Game 3: Frost get Singed and Volibear. The double flip is up against the recently-released-and-therefore-probably-OP trio of Vi, Elise and Kha-Zix.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:48:02 am by baruk »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11236 on: March 09, 2013, 08:21:56 pm »

Guess I'm going with Leona guys. I had it narrowed down between Leona and Thresh and Leona seems to be more popular.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11237 on: March 09, 2013, 08:41:21 pm »

During one of today's games we were stomping the enemy pretty hard, so I tried building a hurricane on Tristana. I've never seen a champ eat through creep waves that quickly...

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11238 on: March 09, 2013, 09:17:49 pm »

If you want to play Leona you need to have a really good sense of when to engage.

Exactly this. I've fed my AD carry off of JUNGLE GANKS. You need to know. If you're caught by a jungle gank and you know you're going to die, you tag and immobilize the jungler and sacrifice yourself every time, because you just might get a kill. Or like, y'know, if there's a person at low hp, of course they'll jump into the fight when the jungler ganks. Prime opportunity.
Also often called Boowells.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11239 on: March 10, 2013, 12:12:44 pm »

If you want to play Leona you need to have a really good sense of when to engage.

Exactly this. I've fed my AD carry off of JUNGLE GANKS. You need to know. If you're caught by a jungle gank and you know you're going to die, you tag and immobilize the jungler and sacrifice yourself every time, because you just might get a kill. Or like, y'know, if there's a person at low hp, of course they'll jump into the fight when the jungler ganks. Prime opportunity.

Today, I got two kills and red buff for my AD carry off a Shaco gank, because he criminally underestimated Leona. F'yeah, Leona.
And then you're zoning two people out on your own because they're just that respectful, while the AD carry is half the lane away farming some stuff.
...and then you die because of being too full of yourself. :P Turns out they were baiting...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11240 on: March 11, 2013, 06:57:44 am »

Jungle Taric is great. Glacial Shroud on him is like buying three items at once.

edit: Gotta love assholes who never surrender in ranked. We're 1/9 at 20 minutes, surrender vote fails 3/2. We're 2/14 at 23 minutes, surrender vote fails 3/2. We're 3/19 at 26 minutes, surrender vote fails 3/2. We're 3/24 at 29 minutes, surrender vote fails 3/2. We're 4/29 at 32 minutes, surrender vote fails 3/2. There was no point in that game where we were remotely close to coming back.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:45:11 am by penguinofhonor »

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11241 on: March 11, 2013, 10:47:05 am »

Gotta love assholes who never surrender in ranked. We're 1/9 at 20 minutes, surrender vote fails 3/2. We're 2/14 at 23 minutes, surrender vote fails 3/2. We're 3/19 at 26 minutes, surrender vote fails 3/2. We're 3/24 at 29 minutes, surrender vote fails 3/2. We're 4/29 at 32 minutes, surrender vote fails 3/2. There was no point in that game where we were remotely close to coming back.

Sometimes I like to keep playing even if the match seems hopeless, for the purpose of self-improvement (and you learn much more when you're in a difficult position). In ranked, I don't surrender because it's a sure loss, whereas if you keep playing there's always a sliver of hope (and sometimes you can win even with an awful K/D ratio). Though i guess it varies depending on my mood, sometimes I surrender too.

However, I really dislike when the surrender window keeps popping up, bonus points if I'm still in the middle of a teamfight and it makes me miss a click.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11242 on: March 11, 2013, 02:22:31 pm »

edit: Gotta love assholes who never surrender in ranked. We're 1/9 at 20 minutes, surrender vote fails 3/2. We're 2/14 at 23 minutes, surrender vote fails 3/2. We're 3/19 at 26 minutes, surrender vote fails 3/2. We're 3/24 at 29 minutes, surrender vote fails 3/2. We're 4/29 at 32 minutes, surrender vote fails 3/2. There was no point in that game where we were remotely close to coming back.
Gotta love assholes who spam surrender in ranked. We're 1/9 at 20 minutes, they vote to surrender and get shut down. We're 2/14 at 23 minutes, they keep voting surrender and blocking my clicks so I miss a bunch of skillshots that could've won the teamfight. We're 3/24 at 29 minutes, and it's clear we're not going to let them surrender, but they keep spamming it anyway. We're 4/29 at 32 minutes, another failed surrender vote that's pointless because the enemy team is pretty close to taking the nexus.

I hate it when people surrender in League. It takes away the satisfaction of victory. It prevents people from seeing the victory they earned, not one given to them by the enemy team. It annoys the fuck out of me, and I always vote no, unless something totally unfun is happening(like zilean soraka bot).
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11243 on: March 11, 2013, 03:21:35 pm »

Sometimes I like to keep playing even if the match seems hopeless, for the purpose of self-improvement (and you learn much more when you're in a difficult position). In ranked, I don't surrender because it's a sure loss, whereas if you keep playing there's always a sliver of hope (and sometimes you can win even with an awful K/D ratio). Though i guess it varies depending on my mood, sometimes I surrender too.

However, I really dislike when the surrender window keeps popping up, bonus points if I'm still in the middle of a teamfight and it makes me miss a click.

Self improvement happens when you're just losing normally. Say, when you have a 33% chance of winning or something. But nobody learns anything in a stomp. When the gap between your team and the enemy team reaches something like 25 kills, 4 dragons, 7 towers, a baron, and who knows how much farm, the amount of skill you can express is limited tremendously by the sheer stat advantage the opponents have. As they get more and more powerful compared to you, the penalty for their mistakes decreases and the reward for your correct plays decreases.

And I honestly don't care about that "sliver of hope." You know why not? Cause if I have to choose between a 3% chance of winning in the next 20 minutes or a loss and then a 50% chance of making it up in the next game, I'm going to choose the new game.

Gotta love assholes who spam surrender in ranked. We're 1/9 at 20 minutes, they vote to surrender and get shut down. We're 2/14 at 23 minutes, they keep voting surrender and blocking my clicks so I miss a bunch of skillshots that could've won the teamfight.

Pfhahaha... if there were any "skillshots that could've won the teamfight" then nobody would have been trying to surrender. Glad you know this game better than I do though!

We're 3/24 at 29 minutes, and it's clear we're not going to let them surrender, but they keep spamming it anyway. We're 4/29 at 32 minutes, another failed surrender vote that's pointless because the enemy team is pretty close to taking the nexus.

I hate it when people surrender in League. It takes away the satisfaction of victory. It prevents people from seeing the victory they earned, not one given to them by the enemy team. It annoys the fuck out of me, and I always vote no, unless something totally unfun is happening(like zilean soraka bot).

Well I guess you're the only one who's allowed to have the opinion that something's "totally unfun" then? Or maybe I should just insult you for thinking a Zilean Soraka bot isn't fun to play against.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11244 on: March 11, 2013, 03:30:39 pm »

When you're in a hole, penguinofhonor, stop digging. If you're in ranked, and two players don't want to surrender, then you have to grit your teeth, be a man and play it out. Spamming surrender is just toxic behaviour at a certain point - of course your teammates aren't clicking "yes", they don't want to lose a battle of wills with some defeatist jerk. It's not because they think they have a chance of winning, they just want you to suffer.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - S3 - Patch 3.03
« Reply #11245 on: March 11, 2013, 04:00:19 pm »

^
Kinda like that. But I usually had the mindset of "Atleast i'll learn something by copying these guys."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #11246 on: March 11, 2013, 04:16:12 pm »

I have to agree, I hate surrender monkeys, especially when they're on the opposing team. I want to earn my victory, damn it!

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11247 on: March 11, 2013, 04:35:36 pm »

I love surrenders since by that point it's obvious who'll win and I can move on to another game. Screw earning my victory, I wanna have fun, and being in a one-sided stomp is not fun at all for me.

Of  course there are the sort of people who start spamming surrender at the first minor mistake, but I'm fairly certain there's a special circle of hell for them, so they don't count.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11248 on: March 11, 2013, 04:56:24 pm »

I try to avoid surrendering in ranked as much as possible. I've won enough games that seemed hopeless to make it worth my while to play it through. Besides I play for fun so losing is all part of the experience for me.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11249 on: March 11, 2013, 05:12:18 pm »

Trust me, I don't spam surrender in just any losing game. During season 2 ranked, half my wins were from my team getting destroyed in laning but coming back in team fights.

But I can tell the difference between a badly losing game and a stomp where we're not coordinated at all, half the team isn't trying anymore, and the two people who don't want to surrender don't actually think they can win, but are instead trying to do crap like snipe a few kills before the game is over so they can insult the rest of our team and say they weren't the reason we lost. In my 1500+ games, I've won tons of the former, but only a handful of the latter.
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 1067