Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1221657 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - S3 - Patch 3.06 Freljord
« Reply #11595 on: May 14, 2013, 10:42:27 pm »

Had a fun game of League. It was a normal game and my team consisted of all of my friends.
We decided to have a silly game and have everyone go mid. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a screenshot of the end game. :(
Anyway, I played Soraka, my friends were Nocturne, Xin Zhao, Sona, and Veigar.
Xin and I stood in the open at mid while everyone else hid in the bushes. The opposing team was Kennen, Caitlyn, Draven, Akali, and Garen.
Kennen was surprised that we were all mid, it was funny and he stood behind helplessly as we destroyed the outer mid tower.
Nocturne abandoned mid to go farm/defend top and bottom.
Without recapping the entire game, at the endgame, the score was something like 46 to 51, but we were winning. We took their bottom and mid inhibitor and even destroyed one of their nexus turrets. It took a few more pushes and we got aced once, but eventually we got in and got a surprising victory.

Here's the scores I compiled. I wanted to get the enemy team, too, but I accidentally opened League a second time, which closed the first one and cleared my recently played with list. :(
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11596 on: May 15, 2013, 05:08:52 am »

Going mid rush can work depending on the team comp, I forgot which team did it, one of the Korean ones I think, 4 mid 1 top, won the game pretty quickly but you need to make sure enemy doesn't pick certain champs, especially blitz as he can ruin your day.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11597 on: May 15, 2013, 10:10:18 am »

Jace is one of those champions that's really strong in 1v1 or in poke fights, but his lack of a reliable stun, escape, or all-in ult makes him worse when junglers are involved.

He's no Fiora, but he's worse than your average top champ in this regard and it's his most easily exploited weakness.

His numbers are reaaaaally ridiculous. I did a double-take when I first saw em. I'm talking max level here because that's generally the baseline.

To the Skies! is actually kind of balanced. 50% slow is quite good but nearly his only form of CC. It has solid damage and a 1.0 AD ratio, but is really not that dominant. Just a bread-and-butter gapcloser.
Shock Blast has 280 + 1.2 AD ratio, 1050 range unaccelerated, close to 400 + 1.7 when you gate it. Not to mention that when gated it's so goddamn fast that you're toast if you're not hiding behind your minions.
Lightning Field does 380 magic damage +1.0 AP - damage over time, but quite damn significant. Also, passive mana leech, because why not!
Hyper Charge is essentially a 3.9 total AD ratio ability that scales with crits, on-hit, lifesteal, whathaveyou on a six second cooldown.
Thundering Blow is 20% maximum health. +1.0 AD. (Also, knockback.) Because we heard that Jayce's damage is apparently too low.
Accel Gate? Team speed buff of 50% that fades over time. That's good, don't you knock it. It also makes his Shock Blast into the fury of an angry god, but you already knew that.
Transform? Hahahahahahahaha. The free stats aren't that bad - the Cannon resistances shred is respectable when maxed, the free AR/MR in Hammer Stance is cool - but does it ever pale in comparison to the entire rest of his kit.

I don't understand why the hell most Jayces I see max E second (or put points into R at all). Accel Gate gains little from levels and Thundering Blow also seems to scale better when it's leveled late. By contrast, you could get the Electrocutinator and God's Own Pewpewpew from annoying to true terror level.

Total ratios: 1.7 + 1.0 + 3.9 + 1.0 = 7.6 DAMAGE PER POINT OF BONUS AD (and 1.0 per point of bonus AP). 920 + 20% max health base damage. This does not include regular hammer whacks/cannon shots and 25% AR/MR shred, which it should, seeing how I factored in R's hammer transform magic damage already. A properly fed AD carry can match this damage in about 10 autoattacks, though, and that's probably your point of reference. Jayce isn't all that bursty.

Also, he should probably build pretty AD-heavy, while his base damage is good his ratios are too insane to not use them. Possibly a Manamune - he charges it really fast - and some CDR. He might want at least some AS as well, I guess, no matter how his kit looks. A bit of sustained damage would do him good. Although, perhaps a CDR-capped Jayce can cast random stuff often enough to not need AS at all.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11598 on: May 15, 2013, 10:24:14 am »

Also, he should probably build pretty AD-heavy, while his base damage is good his ratios are too insane to not use them. Possibly a Manamune - he charges it really fast - and some CDR. He might want at least some AS as well, I guess, no matter how his kit looks. A bit of sustained damage would do him good. Although, perhaps a CDR-capped Jayce can cast random stuff often enough to not need AS at all.

That's what I did in the game I screenshotted, which was my very first time playing him.  It didn't take long to figure out that I had no reason to build anything but damage, since I could engage completely at my leisure.  I never had to get close enough to be in danger of taking damage unless I wanted to pounce on someone with low health for a quick melee finisher, and when I wanted to do that, I had the speed gate AND a leap pounce.  I could cover distance to a target stupidly fast.  I felt like a dick just for playing him.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11599 on: May 15, 2013, 10:35:14 am »

That's what I did in the game I screenshotted, which was my very first time playing him.  It didn't take long to figure out that I had no reason to build anything but damage, since I could engage completely at my leisure.  I never had to get close enough to be in danger of taking damage unless I wanted to pounce on someone with low health for a quick melee finisher, and when I wanted to do that, I had the speed gate AND a leap pounce.  I could cover distance to a target stupidly fast.  I felt like a dick just for playing him.

He's considered to be pretty damn OP on Dominion - God Tier, which is just below Kassadin Tier. Permaban basically.
That map does play to his strengths but I think even on SR he's way good.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11600 on: May 15, 2013, 03:18:28 pm »

Jayce is on the strong side, but not egregiously so, a bit like Irelia was for S2. She could carry hard, but she wasn't disgustingly overpowered like Zyra or Rengar. As for Jayce, he's pretty easy to abuse in lane, because he scales so much harder with levels than items, so if you can get an advantage (Like having a manaless jungler who lets you take his blue at the start) wins you the lane hard.

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11601 on: May 15, 2013, 04:03:37 pm »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11602 on: May 15, 2013, 05:10:27 pm »

Wow, Diana's passive has really awkward damage scaling. +5 damage per level from 2-5, +10 damage from 6-10, +15 damage from 11-13, +20 damage from 14-15, and +25 for 16-18.

Oh god, they smashed Zac's base HP regen. Well, that's basically what killed jungle Rengar. Let's see if Zac meets the same fate.

AW SHIT CUSTOM ITEM SETS ARE THIS PATCH, also no randoms in ranked which is great.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11603 on: May 15, 2013, 05:40:21 pm »

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11604 on: May 15, 2013, 06:01:46 pm »

Yay Zac nerf not really nerfed that much :P infact with the bugfix for ult it's almost a buff :P

He does need the HP regen nerf, it didn't matter if you miss every odd spell as Zac because of the regen so now Zac players have to be a bit more accurate and have timing instead of just spamming. Anyway 12 to 7 isn't that bad, not compared to Rivens 20 to 9 or something like that.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11605 on: May 16, 2013, 11:44:25 am »

Interesting Ars Technica article on LoL player refereeing:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/05/using-science-to-reform-toxic-player-behavior-in-league-of-legends/

I always thought the Tribunal was a neat idea, but I had no idea how much effort they've put into improving the community.

I sorta want to work at Riot so I can snag these neuroscientists' lunches from the fridge occasionally, to study how they react...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 11:46:15 am by Werdna »
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11606 on: May 16, 2013, 12:15:13 pm »

Yeah, it's actually quite absurd just how far Riot has gone to clean up their share of the scum of the earth the MOBA community.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11607 on: May 16, 2013, 01:45:45 pm »

And it's still the worst gaming community I am a part of. Although I'll admit things do seem a bit better than they used to be. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:47:26 pm by Wiles »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11608 on: May 16, 2013, 09:59:21 pm »

Things have gotten better, and I do admire the efforts that Riot has put into that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11609 on: May 17, 2013, 01:05:17 am »

Look, if you get a game to this kind of size and add blameable teammates to the mix it's bound to become a cesspool.

Really appreciate the improvements, though.
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 1067