Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1219668 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 3.11 - Lucian, the Purifier
« Reply #12120 on: September 21, 2013, 02:26:48 pm »

Yeah, I can see the Sorc Shoes. I'd actually already considered switching from the Tabi. My main concern with Rylai's is the reduction of the effect for multi-target spells (which is W, E, and I believe R as well); I was worried that the 15% slow wouldn't make up for giving up the other things that could be built instead. I mean, if my goal was to catch enemies for the AD or AP to kill, I'd probably grab it.

I deliberately build as less tank more high-damage init + cc, to help with ganking and swinging team fights. It might be different with an organized team, but in low-rank randoms I've found that it's far better to be able to reliably kill enemies than to build a good tank/cc setup and hoping that your teammates won't fumble kills.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12121 on: September 21, 2013, 02:32:30 pm »

Yeah low rank it's much better to build damage, higher level you can build more tanky and rely on your team-mates to do damage.

Also I go for Fnatic for the win! and Zac ftw!

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12122 on: September 21, 2013, 02:54:22 pm »

Rylai's is the reduction of the effect for multi-target spells (which is W, E, and I believe R as well); I was worried that the 15% slow wouldn't make up for giving up the other things that could be built instead

Slows also don't stack very well, I really wouldn't spend gold on items that grant slows on Sejuani.

For boots on Sejuani I tend to like mobility so I can get to where I need to be more quickly.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 02:57:48 pm by Wiles »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12123 on: September 21, 2013, 04:59:49 pm »

Picked up Trynd to complete my solo queue trio, Shyv, Trynd, and Viktor.  Great jangle on Shyv and she's pretty killy, Trynd is self-explanatory, I've seen cheese level 2 allins that end up keeping the enemy top at level 1 like 8 minutes into the game.  May as well give up.  Viktor's another awesome one, his poke is just bullshit and by level 6 with aug death most champs straiht up can't lane against him because one E puts them in kill range.
Shoes...

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12124 on: September 21, 2013, 05:09:30 pm »

Riven is much better for lvl 1/2 all-ins. Trynd is either raping lane or getting raped and then just split-push all game.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12125 on: September 21, 2013, 05:11:48 pm »

She's also 4800 :3. I'll work on her but I'm still smurfing with my noob friend so I'm not too worried
Shoes...

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12126 on: September 21, 2013, 06:04:07 pm »

Viktor is a boss, one of my favorite mids.
Shyvanna is pretty cool too, but I was never able to do well as her so I never bought her.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12127 on: September 21, 2013, 07:58:23 pm »

God no, there is no reason to run Elder Lizard over Ancient Golem. I can't even process how retarded that is. His build is fine, particularly since he was carrying hard.
You don't have to talk down to people like that. If you think the build is bad, then fine, but I'm sure some people would prefer an explanation so that they may understand why.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12128 on: September 21, 2013, 10:35:09 pm »

Yeah, I can see the Sorc Shoes. I'd actually already considered switching from the Tabi. My main concern with Rylai's is the reduction of the effect for multi-target spells (which is W, E, and I believe R as well); I was worried that the 15% slow wouldn't make up for giving up the other things that could be built instead. I mean, if my goal was to catch enemies for the AD or AP to kill, I'd probably grab it.

I deliberately build as less tank more high-damage init + cc, to help with ganking and swinging team fights. It might be different with an organized team, but in low-rank randoms I've found that it's far better to be able to reliably kill enemies than to build a good tank/cc setup and hoping that your teammates won't fumble kills.
I build the following:

Boots of Swiftness + furor/captain
Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Locket of the Iron Solari
[MR]
Banshee's Veil
Abyssal Scepter
[Armor]
Frozen Heart (so much armor)
Randuin's Omen
Warmog's Armor

Obviously I don't build all of the items and adapt to the situation.

I think sunfire cape is a trap item, like Thornmail, as there are much better items to to get armor with. I take Swiftness for the tenacity and almost always get frozen heart and banshee's veil. Games rarely last long enough for me to get a Warmog, and usually if I do get one I'm so tanky I can 1v1 everyone except the adc.

I can see that low level soloQ could use a bruiser-y built sejuani than a tank one. Also, Sejuani really can't duel early on: her damage and tankiness all come from items. If someone's smart enough to invade you early on and keep up the pressure it'll be pretty bad. Thankfully not many are good at counterjungling. :p

Edit: I don't mean to say that thornmail or sunfire are totally worthless in all circumstances, but generally other items are better. Eg, Frozen Heart gives 20% cdr AND armor AND a attack speed slow AND mana. Everything I need all at once. :D

Neat link comparing the three.
Tldr: Frozen Heart and Randuin are good on Sejuani. Sunfire is good for splitpushers or people who don't scale their damage well with other options & have AoE. Randuin is good everywhere. Thornmail is good when the other team is behind.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 10:48:52 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12129 on: September 21, 2013, 11:08:35 pm »

That's a fair point about the Sunfire. I added it to my buildlist because I repeatedly found myself in situations where I was having to push back multiple waves of minions from inhibs solo while my team fucked around/respawned, and that damage aura let me clear them just a little bit faster. I have Banshee and Warmog on my list, but I've never been in a situation where I needed the MR or chunkiness. I totally agree that a more organized team would do better with a tank Sejuani, but in low randoms. :x

On an unrelated note, I'm rather pleased that the two champs I'm enjoying the most also have silly skins. I guess I'll be spending real money at some point after all.

3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12130 on: September 21, 2013, 11:18:31 pm »

What, Bear Cavalry Sejuani?

Also: Flail and Permafrost can clear really well.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12131 on: September 21, 2013, 11:49:49 pm »

That's pretty much what I was using; QWE on the heavy minion.

Yes, Bear Cavalry and Heartseeker Vayne. I've been playing Vayne lately and she fits my high-harrass playstyle far better than Ashe, especially when I have a support who'll work with me effectively. Just had a match with a random Lulu against Talon and Ashe bot. We double-killed them three times in a row, at which point Ashe started building boots of mobility in order to more effectively bravely run away, and the rest of their team rotated down to unsuccessfully try and gank us. xD

3. Run Resize Enable

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12132 on: September 21, 2013, 11:57:34 pm »

Yes, Bear Cavalry and Heartseeker Vayne. I've been playing Vayne lately and she fits my high-harrass playstyle far better than Ashe, especially when I have a support who'll work with me effectively. Just had a match with a random Lulu against Talon and Ashe bot. We double-killed them three times in a row, at which point Ashe started building boots of mobility in order to more effectively bravely run away, and the rest of their team rotated down to unsuccessfully try and gank us. xD

Vayne is the AD carry for people who don't know how to AD carry /vaynehate

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12133 on: September 21, 2013, 11:59:07 pm »

Vayne is the AD carry for people who don't know how to AD carry /vaynehate

Hehe, half the reason I started playing Vayne is because I'd lock in and call ADC as Ashe, and then some other guy would lock in an ADC and say "WTF y u go botum i had it". This way if that happens I can just shrug and take mid.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12134 on: September 22, 2013, 04:40:14 am »

Obviously I don't build all of the items and adapt to the situation.

I think sunfire cape is a trap item, like Thornmail, as there are much better items to to get armor with. I take Swiftness for the tenacity and almost always get frozen heart and banshee's veil. Games rarely last long enough for me to get a Warmog, and usually if I do get one I'm so tanky I can 1v1 everyone except the adc.

Neat link comparing the three.
Tldr: Frozen Heart and Randuin are good on Sejuani. Sunfire is good for splitpushers or people who don't scale their damage well with other options & have AoE. Randuin is good everywhere. Thornmail is good when the other team is behind.

Sunfire Cape is quite useful in the early stages of a game, it's a popular first item pick with tanky champs because having health, armour and damage is very useful when tower diving. Thornmail scales much better in late game but early game not so much unless 3 or 4 of the enemy team are heavy AD otherwise it's not a great choice, Thornmail procs on auto-attacks so against AD Spell Casters like Riven or Renekton it can be ineffective. If you have a sunfire cape it makes tower diving a lot more effecive, Thornmail would only help more if you are tower diving an auto-attack based champion.

Thornmail is great but I usually get it later, Thornmail needs health because the longer you keep getting hit the more damage it does so rushing a Thornmail can just get you nuked down by spells if you don't have the HP to survive it. Late game it's not a bad idea to sell Sunfire Cape and buy something else instead but early on it really helps clearing waves and tower diving.
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 1067