Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1219625 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 3.11 - Lucian, the Purifier
« Reply #12150 on: September 23, 2013, 09:25:47 am »

Hehe, half the reason I started playing Vayne is because I'd lock in and call ADC as Ashe, and then some other guy would lock in an ADC and say "WTF y u go botum i had it". This way if that happens I can just shrug and take mid.  :P

I know you're not being serious, but if you want to do that, you should grab Tristana. AP Tristana absolutely vaporizes most mids.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12151 on: September 23, 2013, 09:43:07 am »

Hehe, half the reason I started playing Vayne is because I'd lock in and call ADC as Ashe, and then some other guy would lock in an ADC and say "WTF y u go botum i had it". This way if that happens I can just shrug and take mid.  :P

I know you're not being serious, but if you want to do that, you should grab Tristana. AP Tristana absolutely vaporizes most mids.

I've heard as much, though I imagine you'd want some sustain beyond Doran's Blade early-game. I do really like how her jump cooldown auto-ends when you get a kill, it seems like it'd make for some really trollish tower-diving. Besides, I've already got Teemo, I might as well have the matched pair. :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12152 on: September 23, 2013, 10:03:55 am »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12153 on: September 23, 2013, 12:43:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tristana is a fool to think she could ever change Teemo. She'd be much better off with Rumble.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #12154 on: September 23, 2013, 01:22:00 pm »

As a long time mid player, I can say that the AP Trist thing messing up mids is decently accurate. It's less to do with champs than it is mindset, though. Throwing AP Trist mid is like throwing Nunu mid; mid players are used to constant stress looking for any advantage they can take, timing their own cooldowns as well as adapting to the cooldowns of the enemy, paying attention to damage at different stages of the game, etc. Usually mids will throw out abilities just to see what will happen and get a feel for the playstyle of the opponent before they go all in around 6. However, AP Trist throws a brick into all of that because she's not going to react to anything you do unless you miss an ability, in which case she'll jump to you, hit you with her DoT and then auto you down. That's extremely punishing, as it's "You better not use your abilities to farm if they don't have short cooldowns, and you better not miss me because then you're porting home after this or you're dead." That can be said for most mids when there's an exchange that's going to go down, but Trist can capitalize on almost anything. Mids aren't used to that, even if they play other lanes, because they went into the game expecting the mid mindset. Nunu is similar in that he's not very reactive, he just gets in your face, snowballs you, eats a creep, backs off and is usually tanky enough and has enough sustain that he wins every single exchange. I'd have to say that neither of them are necessarily better picks than most other mids teamcomp-wise. Your main strategy is to keep the enemy mid off balance mentally, punish them hard, keep them underleveled, don't let them roam and set up an advantage for your team to capitalize on. If the game lasts late into the game then the enemy might be able to recover from this and be in a better position even if they've been losing most of the game.

My experience from three seasons, anyway.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12155 on: September 23, 2013, 02:08:04 pm »

As a long time mid player, I can say that the AP Trist thing messing up mids is decently accurate. It's less to do with champs than it is mindset, though. Throwing AP Trist mid is like throwing Nunu mid; mid players are used to constant stress looking for any advantage they can take, timing their own cooldowns as well as adapting to the cooldowns of the enemy, paying attention to damage at different stages of the game, etc. Usually mids will throw out abilities just to see what will happen and get a feel for the playstyle of the opponent before they go all in around 6. However, AP Trist throws a brick into all of that because she's not going to react to anything you do unless you miss an ability, in which case she'll jump to you, hit you with her DoT and then auto you down. That's extremely punishing, as it's "You better not use your abilities to farm if they don't have short cooldowns, and you better not miss me because then you're porting home after this or you're dead." That can be said for most mids when there's an exchange that's going to go down, but Trist can capitalize on almost anything. Mids aren't used to that, even if they play other lanes, because they went into the game expecting the mid mindset. Nunu is similar in that he's not very reactive, he just gets in your face, snowballs you, eats a creep, backs off and is usually tanky enough and has enough sustain that he wins every single exchange. I'd have to say that neither of them are necessarily better picks than most other mids teamcomp-wise. Your main strategy is to keep the enemy mid off balance mentally, punish them hard, keep them underleveled, don't let them roam and set up an advantage for your team to capitalize on. If the game lasts late into the game then the enemy might be able to recover from this and be in a better position even if they've been losing most of the game.

My experience from three seasons, anyway.
I don't believe that's true. I play mid all the time, and if you're going into mid not ready to deal with anything, then you might as well have lost the lane. I've seen plenty of things, and if you can't adapt, you die. Every lane is the same in this manner. If you're not ready to deal with double bruiser bot, then you can lose that by stepping out of lane. If you're not ready for quadra jungle, then you can lose by not taking necessary precautions. Different play can beat players by throwing them out of their comfort zone, sure. But, if you try that against a skilled player, they won't be brought of their comfort zone.

Trist mid? That's nothing. Big deal. I can exploit your weaknesses the same way you can exploit mine. Game knowledge isn't limited. You can use things that are a staple to another lane in lots of places. You're not going to throw me off by playing Tristana mid. Or Pantheon mid. Or Riven mid. Or Ezreal, Blitzcrank, Alistar, Fiora, Wukong... It doesn't matter. Why? Because I have game knowledge already. Heck, I've seen all of these. And less experienced me might've had trouble with them. But now? No way. I'm prepared for everything. I'm prepared for duo mid. I'm prepared for 5 people in mid. It's not going to throw me off, and if it throws you off, then it's just an experience you have to learn from.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12156 on: September 23, 2013, 02:33:41 pm »

Fnatic vs Cloud 9 - Fnatic the favourites after a strong group stage, but I predict Cloud 9 will win 2-1 after dropping the first game.
 NJBS vs Gambit - I think this will be a 2-0 for Gambit. Not much is known about Najin Sword's current form, but I think they'll be rusty - this is where missing out on the group stage is going to be a disadvantage.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12157 on: September 23, 2013, 02:34:14 pm »

Go C9!
Go Gambit!

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12158 on: September 23, 2013, 02:39:15 pm »

Trist mid isn't that scary, she has a problem that she has long cooldowns so some champs can exploit that if they can shield/dodge the explosive shot it takes a huge chunk out of Trist's damage.

Also if Trist uses rocket jump and can't get a kill or assist then she can get killed very easily, Morgana can eat anything Trist throws but can't really kill Trist either as Rocket Jump can avoid most of Morg's damage, Morg should be able to out-sustain in the lane though, Fizz can assasinate and troll-dodge Trist's damage.

Basically to beat mid Tristana you just need to push her, she doesn't have range at early level and has such long cooldowns there isn't much Trist can do.

Also Fnatic ftw! xPekekeke

EDIT:

Why always so much J4, Lee Sin so much stronger...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 02:43:36 pm by Sharp »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12159 on: September 23, 2013, 05:01:50 pm »

All I can say about that game is...

Wow, someone actually bought Mana Manipulator.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #12160 on: September 23, 2013, 05:47:10 pm »

Tristana stuff

I agree with you, I was just saying that Trist's strength as a mid is simply that she plays differently than most other mids that people are used to. There's nothing about her that makes her wonderful mid and makes people wonder why she isn't played mid more, she's just different. That's why you see her win mid if she wins mid, not because she's a great mid champ but because she can mess with people who didn't adapt, like you said.

Also, you say you might be ready for anything, but are you ready for flash jungle WW ult into a LeBlanc combo (with ignite if necessary)? God those were good times. So many kills.

Trist mid isn't that scary, she has a problem that she has long cooldowns so some champs can exploit that if they can shield/dodge the explosive shot it takes a huge chunk out of Trist's damage.

Also if Trist uses rocket jump and can't get a kill or assist then she can get killed very easily, Morgana can eat anything Trist throws but can't really kill Trist either as Rocket Jump can avoid most of Morg's damage, Morg should be able to out-sustain in the lane though, Fizz can assasinate and troll-dodge Trist's damage.

I was assuming that this wasn't draft (do people really throw Trist mid in drafts/ranks?) and therefore counterpicking strategies with specific champs aren't useful.

I think most of these team comps are looking for cc synergy and teamfighting capability. J4's Cataclysm is stronger for that than Lee Sin's ult kick, IMO.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12161 on: September 23, 2013, 05:54:02 pm »

Tristana stuff

I agree with you, I was just saying that Trist's strength as a mid is simply that she plays differently than most other mids that people are used to. There's nothing about her that makes her wonderful mid and makes people wonder why she isn't played mid more, she's just different. That's why you see her win mid if she wins mid, not because she's a great mid champ but because she can mess with people who didn't adapt, like you said.

Also, you say you might be ready for anything, but are you ready for flash jungle WW ult into a LeBlanc combo (with ignite if necessary)? God those were good times. So many kills.
Well... I'd see Warwick and I'd see LeBlanc... So yes?

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12162 on: September 23, 2013, 06:10:22 pm »

I was assuming that this wasn't draft (do people really throw Trist mid in drafts/ranks?) and therefore counterpicking strategies with specific champs aren't useful.

I think most of these team comps are looking for cc synergy and teamfighting capability. J4's Cataclysm is stronger for that than Lee Sin's ult kick, IMO.

Man for normals who cares where Trist goes :P

In pretty much all matches with J4 his ult doesn't really do much, almost every champ picked has some dash when J4 is there, J4 is strong without his ult though, he can get in good positions and do great ganks and heavy hits, I feel though that because the ult is easily escaped there are so many other choices as it's pretty much a wasted ability, Lee Sin does more damage (as shown in game 3 Fnatic vs C9) or if you want tanky initiator then Zac is probably better.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12163 on: September 23, 2013, 08:58:29 pm »

Well. I now feel considerably less stupid for getting chunked by Nidalee on ARAM, at least.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12164 on: September 23, 2013, 09:51:40 pm »

I am getting seriously discouraged.  Still smurfing, but either I don't remember how bad things were at low level or things have gotten much worse since the last time I leveled up.  My KDR is 7:4 on Viktor but I have more losses than wins.  I've taken to grabbing Mejai's to carry harder, but I just can't do it.  I can't carry these fucking people when they pick four melee champs, build glass cannon, and repeatedly suicide.  Last game we almost won but at the last minute they all strung out and got picked off.  I begged the two remaining to stall until we could come back but they ran into the enemy team one by one, and we lost.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 1067