Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1221656 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 3.11 - Lucian, the Purifier
« Reply #12165 on: September 24, 2013, 12:07:29 am »

Jungle Teemo is making me cackle with maniacal laughter right now after I and a random Warwick player Aced the enemy team in a 2v5 and drove them to surrender less than twenty minutes into the match, with no towers down. I poked one of them at mid with my blind, and their entire team popped out of the woodwork to follow me. I was on about 25% health leading them up the river through brush full of shrooms, doubling back through jungle towards our inner mid tower. They'd eaten 6-7 of the things when Warwick jumped in. He'd already been fed a bit (we were still in single digit levels but he had more kills than their whole team combined). They all (heh) dog-piled him, and by the time I'd popped my heal and turned around he was at <30%, but had already killed one of them. I hit their WW with my blind and took him down from the brush, then did the same to Vayne while our WW ulted one of the two survivors down. The last ran into another one of my shrooms and died when WW caught him. About ten seconds later the surrender notice popped up.   XD

For criticism: the build I'm using right now:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12166 on: September 24, 2013, 12:45:40 am »

I am getting seriously discouraged.  Still smurfing, but either I don't remember how bad things were at low level or things have gotten much worse since the last time I leveled up.  My KDR is 7:4 on Viktor but I have more losses than wins.  I've taken to grabbing Mejai's to carry harder, but I just can't do it.  I can't carry these fucking people when they pick four melee champs, build glass cannon, and repeatedly suicide.  Last game we almost won but at the last minute they all strung out and got picked off.  I begged the two remaining to stall until we could come back but they ran into the enemy team one by one, and we lost.
Low level games are luck. It's all about which side has more bad players than anything. Premade 3 is enough to win games reliably though.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12167 on: September 24, 2013, 05:35:31 am »

Berzerkers Greaves might not be the best choice on AP Teemo, half the damage from the E is on-hit while the rest is just damage over time which won't stack with multiple hits but just refresh duration so Sorc Shoes is probably better for more magic penetration. The increased attack speed from Greaves won't do as much as increased penetration from Sorc Shoes. Not saying that AS is bad on Teemo but Nashor's should be enough and with Shrooms you will want as much mag pen as possible, except abyssals is not so great on Teemo as it won't affect shrooms.

Also if you change Lizard to Liandry's then you do tons more damage, as well with % based damage and more mag pen, Liandry shrooms can chunk off half health of an enemy. Can just get spirit stone for early jungle then change it to Liandry's later.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12168 on: September 24, 2013, 07:08:44 am »

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:34:24 am by Skyrunner »

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12169 on: September 24, 2013, 07:26:32 am »

Don't spoil it!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12170 on: September 24, 2013, 07:30:00 am »

Hey guys, I have an idea for some skins.

Imagine this : "Pacific Rim themed skins"

Like, you'd have Gypsy Danger Vi, and Crimson Typhoon Viktor and Cherno Alpha Blitzcrank and they would be fucking amazing O.O
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12171 on: September 24, 2013, 03:27:48 pm »

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12172 on: September 24, 2013, 03:44:58 pm »

Also if you change Lizard to Liandry's then you do tons more damage, as well with % based damage and more mag pen, Liandry shrooms can chunk off half health of an enemy. Can just get spirit stone for early jungle then change it to Liandry's later.
I was already considering making that change late-game, but I've yet to have a match stretch long enough for me to sell and rebuild. That true damage is useful enough early on that I'd rather build better AP-boosting items. Basically the %HP damage and the Mpen are both much more useful late-game when everyone has obscenely high HP and is more likely to have built MR items to counter me. The closest I've reached to that point was a match where by the time I considered selling and rebuilding we had already started on the enemy nexus turrets. :x

3. Run Resize Enable

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12173 on: September 24, 2013, 04:04:00 pm »

Well if you have mag pen items when the enemy don't have mag pen then your practically doing true damage :P

The damage of Liandry's is huge even on low hp enemies. Liandry's is 2% of targets current health per second for 3 seconds and doubled against slowed/stunned units. A teemo shroom will proc 7 seconds of Liandrys as well as 7 seconds of Lizard Elder. Liandrys will take of 28% scaling health of enemy (won't be flat 28% as enemy health decreases so will damage) so after mag res stuff on a 2000 hp opponent Liandrys would probably do around 400 damage, Lizard Elder does 4 + (2*lvl) true damage over 3 seconds, at level 18 that is 40 damage overall or 13.3 per second so on a shroom that does 93 damage over the 7 seconds it procs.

As you can see the opponent would need a huge amount of magic resist to make Lizard Elder a better choice over Liandry. If your going AD Teemo then Lizard Elder is fine but for AP Teemo Liandry's is easily the solid choice.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12174 on: September 24, 2013, 04:17:08 pm »

I always go for 31mpen early on.  Malzahar with 31mpen in lane is very very scary, you don't want to go anywhere near the minions lest you get an E stuck on you for like a quarter of your health.
Shoes...

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12175 on: September 24, 2013, 04:37:34 pm »

Yeah Malzahar is a dick, hurr durr clear whole wave with one spell which also gives me back mana. I think Alistar is Malz counter just to heal minions :P

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12176 on: September 24, 2013, 05:10:57 pm »

Ugh, I know I've been complaining but this is fucking bullshit.  I haven't lost my lane once as Victor.  Even against Talon and Zed and his ilk, I've always won or at least come out even.  But every single time my team feeds their fucking asses off.  To the point where you'd have to be doing it on purpose or just have no comprehension of even the most basic concepts of the game.  There is no excuse for going 0/8 in ten minutes.

Every single game.  What the fuck am I supposed to do?

I can usually sort of carry, but there's a limit to what I can do, and I can't stop my teammates from ignoring my pings and getting caught like idiots.  19/6, 18/5, 12/7, those are all losses.  That 19/6 game we basically won but at the last minute my teammates just kind of suicided one by one.  I can sort of understand how people become toxic, it takes every ounce of restraint not to yell at these people.  Maybe it's the smurfing thing, maybe I'm just not realizing that I've internalized a lot of stuff about the game that the other players don't have the experience to know.

What do you think?  I'm level 9 now on my smurf, and I'm still playing with my friends sometimes, if it weren't for them and the couple champs I've bought on the smurf I'd probably go back to my level 30 account and see how things go.  Am I just going into these games expecting shit my teammates aren't experienced enough to get?  That doesn't explain why it's always always always my team doing the feeding.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 05:18:18 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12177 on: September 24, 2013, 05:13:33 pm »

Win lane quickly, roam, and feed the other lanes.
Having at least one to two people to help is a great boon.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12178 on: September 24, 2013, 05:15:48 pm »

Win lane quickly, roam, and feed the other lanes.
Having at least one to two people to help is a great boon.
^

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12179 on: September 24, 2013, 06:37:15 pm »

Cthulhu, it isn't you having internalized a bunch of concepts important to the game. Well, it is, but the point is that shouldn't prevent new players from doing the same on some level. Before I started playing I spent a few days reading articles and studying professional matches, and quickly learned more once I started playing. Granted, I'm still a newbie, but it isn't slow going. Basic concepts like "don't run out alone when the enemy team has map control", "don't get into fights that don't favor you", seeing ganks in advance based on your positioning and enemy presence/absence, etc. aren't the sort of things that take four years in university to learn. Hell, you can be in your very first match and still understand things like that if you have a lick of common sense. If you haven't picked that stuff up by the time you hit level 5ish on your first account, there's something wrong.

I mean, you won't see high-level tactics and planning from low-level randoms, but the people who constantly feed and get themselves into bad situations are either doing it intentionally, or are really that stupid. I ran into a guy the other night who insisted that playing Ashe solo mid was an awesome idea, then decided to go jungle after we all shouted him down around the time of his third death. After he died to jungle mobs a few times he went AFK because he "AM Fukin sick of u nubs telling me what to do i should be able to play who i want where i want, im a experence player and know what im doing".

Heh, a good chunk of the reason why I started playing Teemo is because it lets me ward for the whole team without spending all of my gold on wards, because goodness knows nobody else buys them. Well, not quite. Maybe ~10% of my matches have been with people who worked together and grasped basic concepts, and perhaps half of those had people who kept wards up. It's not that they don't exist, just that it's rare to encounter them. In a sense it's actually quite similar to SCII random multiplayer, in terms of the mix of players you get.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 1067