Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1219676 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 3.11 - Lucian, the Purifier
« Reply #12465 on: November 24, 2013, 11:11:54 am »

So, Yasuo's wind wall... It's basically complete bullshit. It's going to take a long time after his release before I get the hang of waiting until he pops it to blow any important skills. It lasts 3.75 seconds and at rank 5 the cd is 18 seconds. I'm hesitant to say whether or not he as a whole will be strong or not on release, but if his W gets to live as-is, he'll be incredibly powerful. It's blitz Q level of kit-defining.
Mm... so, what, 10 point something CD with full CDR? Looks like a potential around 1/3rd uptime, resource costs allowing? Real question t'me would be exactly what it blocks.
If it's not attached to a champion, it is blocked.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12466 on: November 24, 2013, 12:16:44 pm »

So, Yasuo's wind wall... It's basically complete bullshit. It's going to take a long time after his release before I get the hang of waiting until he pops it to blow any important skills. It lasts 3.75 seconds and at rank 5 the cd is 18 seconds. I'm hesitant to say whether or not he as a whole will be strong or not on release, but if his W gets to live as-is, he'll be incredibly powerful. It's blitz Q level of kit-defining.
Mm... so, what, 10 point something CD with full CDR? Looks like a potential around 1/3rd uptime, resource costs allowing? Real question t'me would be exactly what it blocks.
Handy Flowchart:
1. Is it not attached to a champion (Cones, PBAoEs, tethers)
if no, 2. Is it ranged  (Autoattacks except Kayle and Thresh and Melees)
if yes 3. Is it one of 4 special skills that it doesn't apply to (Ziggs R, Kog R, Varus E, Syndra W)
if no 4. Does it leave something on the field (Fizz R, Lux E, Maokai E*, Ori Q(!!!!), Thresh W, Gragas Q, Zed W)
If no, then the skill or attack is gone for good.
If yes, then the skill stops at the wall.
*It only stops it in mid air, they can run through just fine.
If you aren't sure about any skills, for example Vlad Q, just check league's wiki. It has a full list of everything blocked in the details of Yasuo's W.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12467 on: November 24, 2013, 12:47:22 pm »

Basically, Yasuo will be incredibly powerful for the first patch, nerfed the second patch, nerfed the third patch, complained about how weak he is now, complained about how strong he still is, nerfed some time in the fifth patch, and then we'll still have a powerful champion.

The ability to stop ultimates is incredibly rare, and it makes him incredibly powerful. I'm not against an ability like that, but lasting for more than 3 seconds is too powerful, and on an 18 second cooldown, I just don't see how he can't be powerful. Overall, too many new mechanics in one champion means he'll be powerful.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12468 on: November 24, 2013, 12:53:29 pm »

They could always cap it to block one or two things before disappearing. That way it's still useful without being completely broken. Seriously, few skills can stop a teamfight dead in it's tracks, and this one does, especially against certain champs. Fizz wanted to initiate with ult? Too bad, not gonna happen.

I'm assuming it doesn't stop Xeraths Q or R tho, since those don't actually have travel time.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12469 on: November 24, 2013, 02:03:27 pm »

But, does it stop BOTH teams projectiles? I mean, sure he can wait to pop it until it gives his side an advantage, but its still an excellent way to piss his own team off if he uses it without brilliant communication in teamfights and blocks some of his own teams best attacks. Or does it magically just stop enemy projectiles?

If you want to make it balanced, don't nerf it, just make it block all. You'll instantly see shitty players screw their entire team with poor play, and good players will do amazing things with it. Carefully.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12470 on: November 24, 2013, 02:21:04 pm »

They could always cap it to block one or two things before disappearing. That way it's still useful without being completely broken. Seriously, few skills can stop a teamfight dead in it's tracks, and this one does, especially against certain champs. Fizz wanted to initiate with ult? Too bad, not gonna happen.

I'm assuming it doesn't stop Xeraths Q or R tho, since those don't actually have travel time.
Honestly, Wind Wall isn't even the most broken part of this champion. That's the scary part! He has the following:

Passive: Has a shield at 100% Flow, gains double crit chance, no mana costs
Q: 100% AD scaling + extra damage (90 at max rank). Can crit. Applies on-hit effects. Cooldown is based on AS. Third proc knocks enemies up.
W: Blocks projectiles for 3.75s. 18s CD at max rank. Grants 20% Flow every E and R cast.
E: Extremely low CD enemy dash (.1s at max rank). Can't be used on same enemy within 6s at max rank.
R: Extends knock up duration for 1s. 30s CD at max rank. Gains 50% armor pen on target's bonus armor for 15s.

Who thought this champion would work?!

But, does it stop BOTH teams projectiles? I mean, sure he can wait to pop it until it gives his side an advantage, but its still an excellent way to piss his own team off if he uses it without brilliant communication in teamfights and blocks some of his own teams best attacks. Or does it magically just stop enemy projectiles?

If you want to make it balanced, don't nerf it, just make it block all. You'll instantly see shitty players screw their entire team with poor play, and good players will do amazing things with it. Carefully.
It only stops enemy projectiles.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12471 on: November 24, 2013, 02:41:51 pm »

It's because he's melee. And he has no CC. If he's going to be relevant, he has to be broken in some aspect. I'm pleased to know that they're not doing the same thing they did with Fiora where they gave her HER broken gimmick (R) but made it suck balls because it would be so broken. I'd much rather he be overpowered at release and get toned down than be useless.

Let's be real here, when was the last time you saw a Yi, Fiora, or Trynd? When was the last time you saw them do anything but splitpush? If what it takes to make a melee autoattacker relevant in teamfights is being able to erase everything, then I'm all for it.

M3hillus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12472 on: November 24, 2013, 04:02:21 pm »

what I'm hearing is smartcast>mash all the buttons.
'He can't even drive a car!'
'Perfect!'

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12473 on: November 24, 2013, 09:19:17 pm »

what I'm hearing is smartcast>mash all the buttons.

Isn't that pretty much same for all champs with no mana?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12474 on: November 24, 2013, 09:30:30 pm »

CertainlyT likes to make overpowered champs :v

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12475 on: November 24, 2013, 09:35:20 pm »

CertainlyT likes to make overpowered manaless champs :v

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #12477 on: November 25, 2013, 02:08:02 pm »

That's fine, because Morello likes to nerf overpowered manaless champs... and overpowered mana champs... and power-balanced mana/manaless champs...

Basically, Morello likes nerfing. It'll get sorted out.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12478 on: November 25, 2013, 02:22:22 pm »

Which is weird, because Morello hasn't actually been directly involved with nerfing for a long time.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12479 on: November 25, 2013, 04:34:05 pm »

Alright, here we go...

Recently I've been getting kind of bored with Awesomenauts, and Dota is just way too punishing for me, but I've never wanted to touch LoL with anything short of a twenty-meter-long pole (mostly because the community is, to the best of my knowledge, the most toxic one out there).
So I've decided to post here instead of, say, the LoL forums because B12 (for the most part) isn't very anal about this sort of thing.

One thing though - what would make me want to pick League of Legends over continuing to play Awesomenauts or trying to get back to Dota?

*flame shield engaged*
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1067