Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1219656 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: League of Legends - Patch 3.14 - Preseason
« Reply #12675 on: January 21, 2014, 10:48:45 am »

Ended up 7-3, Silver I again. :( The last match was a total stomp, and the penultimate match was a frustrating stalemate that ended in a loss.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12676 on: January 21, 2014, 03:48:54 pm »

Ended up 7-3, Silver I again. :( The last match was a total stomp, and the penultimate match was a frustrating stalemate that ended in a loss.
When you gonna get that gold border?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12677 on: January 21, 2014, 05:22:51 pm »

Silver 1 is still pretty awesome, I heard a lot of people actually dropped down divisions so you did well. I really need to pick up the courage to play ranked myself at some point
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12678 on: January 21, 2014, 06:53:19 pm »

Yeah. Apparently this reset was particularly brutal. Someone who went 7-3 dropped from Gold 3 to Silver 2.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12679 on: January 21, 2014, 10:27:53 pm »

Won a 4v5 in ARAM.  This time our #5 never joined at all.  Did 72k damage to champions as TF, twice as much as everyone else in the game except our Cassiopeia.  Single-handedly held off the entire enemy team at our second tower on at least three occasions, and they never got past it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12680 on: January 23, 2014, 03:43:42 pm »

Anyone want to give me some tips for playing tristana? specifically if you build BOTR or not and I always have trouble with mana while harrassing in my lane early game and survivability late game (which is probably a positioning issue)

I main her so maybe I can help you.

I don't build BOTRK because it has bad synergies with Tristana's game flow : early on it doesn't scale well with low HP enemies, and later it doesn't mix well with other core items to deserve a slot. If you're having mana issues, it means that you overuse your E (explosive shot) or jump around too much. Always try to auto-attack once before even trying to use E. Dont use/level up you Q before lvl 8, when you can start relying more on your AD. Your ult should be kept as a last resort finisher/escape. Using explosive shot to harass if your opponent has a good healer is a waste of time (you should try to burst him down in one go with the help of you support if that happens and only harass with autoattacks if you feel safe doing it).

If you still have mana issues, try running teleport as a summoner spell (with ignite or barrier depending on how aggressive you feel).

Late game, it depends on how fed you are compared to the enemy team and how much they are focusing you. In the worst case scenario you may need to let your team engage without you, this way the enemy wont have much burst left to deal with you when you enter the fray. If they're smart and jump on you from behind, stay close to your team and try to be very reactive with your auto-attacks, as they heal you (if you build correctly you should have decent lifesteal to go with your high AS/AD/crits). You have 2 very good escape mechanisms (jump + ult) so you should be safer than most AD carries, given that you also have the best auto-attack range at lvl 18. Depending on how you die, you may want to invest in a guardian angel or banshee's veil (but sometimes a second bloodthirster is better).

Also, don't forget to lifesteal random minions or jungle monsters if you have lost HP and have no other valid target at the moment.

My typical full stuff is : Berserker's greaves with Homeguard, Statik shiv, Infinity's edge, Bloodthirster, Phantom dancer, + situational item. I go with full AD/lvl reds and quints, flat armor yellows, and magic resist/lvl blues. Masteries are 21/9/0 or similar.

If used well, late game Tristana is probably one the scariest thing in this game, by the way.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12681 on: January 23, 2014, 03:53:19 pm »

If used well, late game Tristana is probably one the scariest thing in this game, by the way.
Come to think of it, Yordles have a weird tendency to do that, don't they?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12682 on: January 23, 2014, 08:33:14 pm »

I'm not sure why the new Diana skin is getting so much hate, it looks really nice. o.o

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12683 on: January 24, 2014, 10:25:40 am »

Ugh. Annie Jinx vs Draven LeBlanc is not fun. LB just kills annie and it's 2v1, plus the friggin jungle ganked 0 times even though I repeatedly told him to gank or we lose. ._. LB deals tons of damage and so does Draven, but LB is squishy and has no hard cc so a gank would have turned it around but noooo too busy taking the enemy wolves while bot lane gets massacred (6 kills in 15 minutes). That was a friggin terrible game to end the day, plus I only lost games all day too..

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #12684 on: January 27, 2014, 04:18:20 pm »

I've gone pages deep to rage specially for your pleasure, so I hope you're all listening carefully.

I had a very good run at provisionals. Managed to go 7/3 in the end with the losses being, in all honesty, not really my fault (2/14/13, 4/4/2 and 2/7/8). The wins were pretty solid wins, usually against silver elo teams (stuff like 13/4/14, 3/0/2, 5/4/12) and my hidden MMR was mincing around in low silver. I was fully expecting mid-high silver from that, not knowing how much of a dick the system seems to be being at the moment. Then, after sadly losing the last game to a fed LB I see a suspiciously gold icon forming, before being informed I've been placed in Bronze I.
So can someone kindly explain how this broken system works? I was in low silver, get more wins than losses, and it puts me lower than I started. Where's the logic going there?

And without the time to play every minute of my waking day, even getting back to the same League I was let alone division is going to take me weeks or months. It's just such a slow process for something so punishing.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12685 on: January 28, 2014, 08:28:44 am »

For starters, did you win first or lose first? I was Silver 1 last season, went 6 wins in a row, lost two, then won one more and became Silver 1 again.

It's something like... if you lose at first, even if you win the next few games the MMR gain will be less than the other way around.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #12686 on: January 28, 2014, 01:12:23 pm »

For starters, did you win first or lose first? I was Silver 1 last season, went 6 wins in a row, lost two, then won one more and became Silver 1 again.

It's something like... if you lose at first, even if you win the next few games the MMR gain will be less than the other way around.
I won 3, lost 1, then won 3, then lost 1, then won 1 lost 1. Not too bad.
You get the feeling by the end it was beginning to get me placed cuz I was winning then losing, but that was playing with mid silvers, not bronze players anywhere.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12687 on: January 28, 2014, 04:57:10 pm »

Well at Bronze 1 you're not really that far from mid silvers.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12688 on: January 28, 2014, 09:34:13 pm »

So I just started playing recently, and it seems like Ashe is only really good for minor annoyance unless her ultimate ability happens to be charged. Am I doing it wrong or is Ashe just meant to disable the enemy for more powerful champions to finish off? I'm getting plenty of assists but only a handful of kills most of the time.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12689 on: January 28, 2014, 10:14:46 pm »

How are you building her? Ashe, like all AD carries, relies heavily on itemization for her damage, but she's also an autoattack-centric carry, as opposed to adcs like Ezreal who do a lot of damage with their abilities. Ashe's kit is oriented more around kiting and engaging than straight damage dealing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 1067