Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1083198 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: IT KEEPS HAPPENING!!!
« Reply #4230 on: July 03, 2015, 10:45:01 pm »

Alan quietly giggles.

Prepare myself to shoot a really big basketball. Or, to put in memespeak:

BEGJN CHARGIN MA LAZOR
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: July 03, 2015, 11:40:07 pm »

Irine is not wearing her comwire. She simply hasn't thought about it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: July 04, 2015, 12:53:27 am »

(Hmm, so what now? Am I unconscious, or did I just fall through the road again? Last, when will I get to where jumping out of high places won't hurt me, or since I get bigger the stronger I get, will it be a good idea to never jump, since it'll always hurt me?)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 02:48:03 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: July 04, 2015, 01:29:28 am »

((I'm totally naked. So I believe its not assumed I have my ComWire on. :P Unless you forgot to specify 'everyone except Theri'))

Do submit--the GM needs sleep though. He is organizing his sleep. x3
I work slow and do my best work at night, what can I do?
The day is my enemy, the night my friend, like the Prodigy say.
Thus the world is round. \o/
((Yeah just being silly after recalling the flat Earth theory which was hilariously non-existent for the ancients before it existed in the 17th century. Thanks media. :V History is fun when understood.))

"Well...I feel alive. So that's the first. Not hungry, nor thirsty. I think I just need clothes. Do you have any spares? Oh-" she looked at River's leg, "I guess I'll also need your wound to heal. Anyway I can help there? You can lean on me for support."

Theri tries to sit up and get up, before moving towards her buddy-friend and helping him up (if she isn't fatigued or totally tired).
Do so!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: July 04, 2015, 01:43:17 am »

Alan quietly giggles.

BEGJN CHARGIN MA LAZOR

CHAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOS DUNK!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: July 04, 2015, 02:56:18 am »

Walk out of the building. Look for places where the building looks weak. Blast them repeatedly. I'll bring this damn building down.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: July 04, 2015, 04:11:39 am »

"Would be too much to ask for no shit to happen while we rest. Look alive, people. We might have company in the near future."

Go over to Nikolai and use my ears and nose to check the surroundings.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: July 04, 2015, 09:04:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: July 05, 2015, 04:32:12 am »

Campaign

Zechariah reacted by first searching for his staff. Evidently, he could not find his staff, as it had been lost when they, you know, accidentally blew up a town and sorta died. He figured that he could go for the nailboard that Nikolai gave him. He started walking towards where Nikolai was, but then stopped as he realized something. He looked down at his hands and behind him, at his dimly-glowing, aquamarine, crystal wings.

No. I can't rely on a physical weapon. There is a reason I failed before. I have to take care of the problem. I have to be able to trust myself. I have to trust my hands and my soul working together. I can't be doubting myself at every turn.

I got away with it in the Medium because I was able to rely on others to help me and protect me - namely, Artemis. But I don't have him anymore, nor Michael, nor Katrina - not one of them. I have to build my core power and work my way up from there.
And I guess that now is as good of a time as ever to start.

Go help Nikolai guard and investigate the situation. Is there ample light, or is chiefly dark? If the former, practice with my abilities by keeping a very small amount of hardlight shards with me, using my hands to bounce them around and have them revolve around me. If the latter, use the Shadows to conceal myself near a wall or other obstacle and try to creep around our encampment, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: July 05, 2015, 10:55:45 am »

I open my eyes and glance about upon hearing Ike give warning. I then try to stand with everyone else and am reminded why that's a bad idea. I then settle back down and generate some flame, allowing me to change to hybrid form and then get started standing up.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4240 on: July 05, 2015, 01:51:55 pm »

Staging Area

Does the kill need to be confirmed by one of us or is that something that you'd tell us if it happened? Say, we explode the place guy is residing within, would we need to dig through the rubble for giblets or would you just say that all's well?
"Nope. You can complete your objective any way you like. And when I say any way you like, I mean any way you like. Your interfaces will confirm that the objective has been completed and end the mission when they decide it is time."

"They can also create and keep track of secondary objectives, recommend ways to complete your objectives or find limitations in them and adapt to changing conditions, even if you get cut off from us. If at any time you have any questions about your objectives, then you can ask us or your interfaces, although you might not always get all the info we have. You understand, to keep things interesting."

John scratches his chin, then raises his index finger theatrically:
"Aha! Got two. Is amount of wins needed decided by you on case-to-case basis or fixed? Do you have any other reasons for these games except of entertainment?"

Go to briefing after answers.
The entity points at you and says "Yes, blondy in the back there." as if holding a press conference.
"Case by case. We collectively decide whether or not you have completed enough challenges. When that is done, the one that chose you (with few exceptions) has the choice of keeping you in the games a while longer or making the necessary actions to remove you."

"As for the second question.... Hm... why don't you tell me what you think."

Character Sheet
Ah, cool, and we needed a healer in the group. Guess you can work with others on your first mission and try to get an offensive ability later.
I also like your little explanation. It will make for an interesting upgrade tree.
Let me roll for you real quick. Check your PMs.

Oh, and do you want in on the mission? Because if yes, I'm gonna have to roll for who goes in it, because we have too many people in it as it is. I'll just randomly choose two of you to keep in the staging area until the Final Round is done (which looks like it will be soon) so they can go to a mission with the vets, unless we have anyone who wants to stay back to go on a mission with them.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: July 05, 2015, 04:01:41 pm »

Character Sheet
Ah, cool, and we needed a healer in the group. Guess you can work with others on your first mission and try to get an offensive ability later.
I also like your little explanation. It will make for an interesting upgrade tree.
Let me roll for you real quick. Check your PMs.

Oh, and do you want in on the mission? Because if yes, I'm gonna have to roll for who goes in it, because we have too many people in it as it is. I'll just randomly choose two of you to keep in the staging area until the Final Round is done (which looks like it will be soon) so they can go to a mission with the vets, unless we have anyone who wants to stay back to go on a mission with them.

Thanks! I can wait for the next mission. I don't mind my character hanging out in the Staging Area for a little while.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 04:03:54 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: July 05, 2015, 04:08:24 pm »

Seems neat. Let's get to it then.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: July 05, 2015, 04:10:26 pm »

(Hmm, so what now? Am I unconscious, or did I just fall through the road again? Last, when will I get to where jumping out of high places won't hurt me, or since I get bigger the stronger I get, will it be a good idea to never jump, since it'll always hurt me?)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4244 on: July 05, 2015, 07:49:06 pm »

Campaign

To everyone currently wearing a communication wire: <Shh! Something above us, be ready to run or fight.>

Draw my sword, be quiet and hidden.
You draw your sword and take a step back, deeper into your temporary shelter. You are inside a tunnel inside a crack in the earth, there's no way whoever it is will detect you unless they search every old nook and cranny of this place. Or unless they have something like scent hounds. Or people like Ike. Or magic. And there's very little you know about this world. So it's very possible they actually have all those things. And that they are coming this way because they are searching for you.

Alan quietly giggles.

BEGJN CHARGIN MA LAZOR

You resist the urge to start screaming as you imagine the largest balls you can think of, with the intent of summoning them.

Irine is not wearing her comwire. She simply hasn't thought about it.
Sure thing. Your choice.

"Would be too much to ask for no shit to happen while we rest. Look alive, people. We might have company in the near future."

Go over to Nikolai and use my ears and nose to check the surroundings.
Hmm... The air brings the sound of footsteps. Two pairs, coming vaguely towards you. Also the muffled sound of metal against metal, in rhythm with the footsteps. Smell says human, probably. Three humans, you think? It's a bit strange. Your nose tells you there's definitely two new humans here, but you also think you might be smelling a third one? You are not sure.

Campaign

Zechariah reacted by first searching for his staff. Evidently, he could not find his staff, as it had been lost when they, you know, accidentally blew up a town and sorta died. He figured that he could go for the nailboard that Nikolai gave him. He started walking towards where Nikolai was, but then stopped as he realized something. He looked down at his hands and behind him, at his dimly-glowing, aquamarine, crystal wings.

No. I can't rely on a physical weapon. There is a reason I failed before. I have to take care of the problem. I have to be able to trust myself. I have to trust my hands and my soul working together. I can't be doubting myself at every turn.

I got away with it in the Medium because I was able to rely on others to help me and protect me - namely, Artemis. But I don't have him anymore, nor Michael, nor Katrina - not one of them. I have to build my core power and work my way up from there.
And I guess that now is as good of a time as ever to start.

Go help Nikolai guard and investigate the situation. Is there ample light, or is chiefly dark? If the former, practice with my abilities by keeping a very small amount of hardlight shards with me, using my hands to bounce them around and have them revolve around me. If the latter, use the Shadows to conceal myself near a wall or other obstacle and try to creep around our encampment, looking for anything out of the ordinary.
It's the middle of the day. The sky is clear, save for a thin layer of smog. You'd say that's as much light as you could ever hope to find on an Earth-like planet, unless you used some sort of giant magnifying glass.

You summon a few hardlight shards around your torso, like a shifting armour made out of broken glass.

I open my eyes and glance about upon hearing Ike give warning. I then try to stand with everyone else and am reminded why that's a bad idea. I then settle back down and generate some flame, allowing me to change to hybrid form and then get started standing up.
Changing form, once again. This time you manage to generate enough fire to easily transform. But that does little to change the discomfort that brings.

At least you don't produce any smoke while doing so.

((I'm totally naked. So I believe its not assumed I have my ComWire on. :P Unless you forgot to specify 'everyone except Theri'))

"Well...I feel alive. So that's the first. Not hungry, nor thirsty. I think I just need clothes. Do you have any spares? Oh-" she looked at River's leg, "I guess I'll also need your wound to heal. Anyway I can help there? You can lean on me for support."

Theri tries to sit up and get up, before moving towards her buddy-friend and helping him up (if she isn't fatigued or totally tired).
Do so!
((Yes, that's what I meant. I was talking about the other guys. River hasn't had the time or strength to make one for you.))

"Good. I was... worried. That I had..."
He doesn't finish his sentence.
"I wanted to stay awake. To make sure I did well."
You feel like you'd expect to feel if you had slept uneasily. A bit tired, a bit hungry, but not enough to make you very uncomfortable and nothing that you need to take care of immediately.
"I am fine. I am strong. I only need time. Rest. And food."
He doesn't look so fine though. He looks tired, his voice low, his speech and movements slow.
You get up and approach River. He shrinks away from you at first but after a couple of seconds of looking at your hand he accepts it and allows you to help him stand up.
"I... thank you. You... are not angry?"
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 07:52:20 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 521