Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Exquisite Cops (and Robbers)  (Read 17872 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Exquisite Cops (and Robbers)
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2017, 09:17:26 am »

FoU: Lets say you figure out that the person up to be lynched is town because of a role fragment they let slip, what do you do and how would you do it?
Well first of all, people shouldn't be slipping exact role fragments. Let's say I figured out they were town just based on role logic or whatnot. Now, this person's about to be lynched.
To start with, I unvote them, and if I can cause a tie to stop their lynch, I do so.
If that's not going to work, I put forward my arguments regarding their towniness and see if anybody can refute them.
Of course, if the argument regarding their towniness only works from my perspective, then I hunker down and work my mind, trying to figure out how to save them, if at all possible.

Ah, my bad. But my particular posting restriction is literally TOO severe for me to play, since I play on a phone 90% of the time. It's either that, or I'm literally going to be useless half the time.

Please replace me. The game seems fun, but I cannot win playing like this, and if I can't win, the game isn't fun for me.

Like, I am really sorry about this, but I cannot play like this.
Maybe a temporary replacement as opposed to a permanent one?
~~~
Ah, infinite actions. I remember Flabort's High Powered BYOR 2 so fondly(except the bloody can't win roles and frogger, which bloody well killed me night two out of ten)... anyways.
Oh, broken game. Infinite actions can be a boon for either side. For town, I imagine infinite protects or inspects would be very handy. For scum... dakka dakka dakka? Bucketloads of kills.
This could get interesting.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2017, 10:07:01 am »

I can certainly do that, but that's actually the least restrictive part. Try editing a quote on the fly. I would be spending half the game editing a post before I can post it.

There are post restriction I can do, but that is not one of them, unless I never quote anyone, but at that point... Am I playing the game?
Does quoting actually count?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2017, 11:47:52 am »

Alright, things are doable now. Let's forget the whole thing because I can't answer your questions about nothing that happened anyways.

I don't need a replacement anymore.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2017, 12:17:48 pm »

Yay!
Okay, back to scumhunting.
And infinite loop discussion.

Alright guys. Can anyone explain why we're cops and robbers?
It's a pun on Exquisite Corpse. A type of art made by multiple people.
Spoiler: Off Topic (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2017, 04:42:14 pm »

Neat.

Alright, no more hiatus, what was I doing?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2017, 05:01:26 pm »

Alright, things are doable now. Let's forget the whole thing because I can't answer your questions about nothing that happened anyways.

I don't need a replacement anymore.
...So what happened, exactly?  "questions about nothing that happened" :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2017, 07:32:12 pm »

I can't tell you about something that didn't happen.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2017, 12:10:01 am »

What the fuck is even going on here...

I'd post more if I actually had any idea where to begin, but I'm not entirely sure what anyone and everyone is talking (or, mostly, not talking) about.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2017, 01:12:14 am »

Basically nothing has happened and Rauth has just stated that he put in a way for people to infintively multiply their action and spread it across everyone.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2017, 06:02:48 am »

I mean, who hasn't?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2017, 10:52:33 pm »

Everyone:
I was gonna post something but nobody else is posting anything. Were we gonna play mafia here or just run out the clock so we can blindly confetti blast each other at night?

This Fish In Particular:
You gave a one word answer to TheDarkStar's RVS question, ignored mine entirely, and have done nothing else.
Dude, I asked Wuba a question pertaining to his claim, how is that being useless?

Also: Revive abilities?  None to one.
It was a shallow question on something he stated of his own volition, and thus did little somebody else, possibly including himself, wouldn't have.

Fast forward a few days, it has indeed produced nothing but an anemic conversation about nothing. Literally.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2017, 10:57:02 pm »

Yeah sure. Let's have a few more RVS questions, at least. Maybe someone will trip up.

IronyOwl: Do you have confetti powers?
fillipk: Do you think the above question is role fishing?
webadict: Do you agree with fillipk's answer?
TheDarkStar: If you had a 1-shot night kill that could only be used tonight, who would you use it on, if anybody?
TheBiggerFish: Do you agree with TheDarkStar's answer?
Generic Arms Race.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2017, 11:28:00 pm »

TheDarkStar: If you had a 1-shot night kill that could only be used tonight, who would you use it on, if anybody?

You, since I know not much about you and this is an annoying question.

fillipk: Why do you think that so few people have voted so far (afaik this is the second vote this game)?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2017, 12:56:17 am »

Fallacy:
IronyOwl: Do you have confetti powers?
No. Yes. Stop rolefishing.

How do you feel about massclaims?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2017, 05:56:59 am »

Are we even allowed to massclaim at this point?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9