Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2027949 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6990 on: October 07, 2014, 08:05:49 pm »

I decided to regen a new world anyway because reasons.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6991 on: October 07, 2014, 08:11:12 pm »

I am really growing to love these 'alternative' characters.  i.e. the various lighter armored fighters.  With the new combat system, playing as a whip-dagger user or a whip/axe user, or even a double dagger user is far more fun and viable.

Right not, I and throwing daggers at people while wielding a dagger in the main hand and a silver whip in the offhand.  Good times, I felled a crow while it was flying away.  A shame my skills are quite low still.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sylveadiff

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Diplomat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6992 on: October 08, 2014, 09:54:50 am »

Just outran a cheetah. Why was I running after a cheetah? there's been a several-month invasion by goblins going on and in an expedition to find the camp I ran out of food. And my bowman party member keeps going in for melee even though he has plenty of arrows...
"I just wanted to eat the yummy"~Glass, Pantheon RPG

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6993 on: October 08, 2014, 10:09:57 am »

Just outran a cheetah. Why was I running after a cheetah? there's been a several-month invasion by goblins going on and in an expedition to find the camp I ran out of food. And my bowman party member keeps going in for melee even though he has plenty of arrows...

Actually, cheetahs don't have a whole lot of stamina, they can only keep up top speed for about 30 seconds to a minute I believe.

Sylveadiff

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Diplomat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6994 on: October 08, 2014, 10:16:56 am »

Actually, cheetahs don't have a whole lot of stamina, they can only keep up top speed for about 30 seconds to a minute I believe.

I know, but I was only sprinting for 4-5 squares before I caught up enough to stab it.
"I just wanted to eat the yummy"~Glass, Pantheon RPG

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6995 on: October 08, 2014, 10:22:43 am »

I know, but I was only sprinting for 4-5 squares before I caught up enough to stab it.

Yeah, I think Toady One said that cheetahs really got shafted as far as speed goes.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6996 on: October 08, 2014, 10:37:58 am »

I tried to sprint jump onto a ledge assassin style a few times. Every time I lost my grip, and slammed into the ground.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6997 on: October 08, 2014, 01:12:47 pm »

I tried to sprint jump onto a ledge assassin style a few times. Every time I lost my grip, and slammed into the ground.
Train your climbing first... a little. My elf Fira is able to do it (most of the time, when i am trying to grab soil or natural stone, not builded one). Human Osman, dead now, was able too.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6998 on: October 08, 2014, 08:31:44 pm »

Necromancer woes: Reanimation only works if the skull intact, most zombies tend to go bashy,
Necromancer Woes2: You can't equip zombies... Really should add a Can speak or learn token on to the interaction so that you can suit up your naked horde of the dead.
other than that Really need to retire the guy so that I can start taking over towns.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6999 on: October 08, 2014, 08:38:16 pm »

Necromancer woes: Reanimation only works if the skull intact, most zombies tend to go bashy,
Necromancer Woes2: You can't equip zombies... Really should add a Can speak or learn token on to the interaction so that you can suit up your naked horde of the dead.
other than that Really need to retire the guy so that I can start taking over towns.
OMG, I love that idea. 

For my own, I changed enough based on my own adventure experiences to gen anew world.  Elves are pretty good now (though still weak) and its actually goblins and humans who end up on the losing end of things.  And dwarves, but I gen them that way first and foremost.  The do well in gens I dont build to cripple them.

Humans have the same crippling as dwarves, as a side effect.  And gobos, I believe, are losing more to stronger elves and more evil biomes killing them through attrition.  My 'pennywise crature is going to be divided up into two, or else 4 castes (2 male, 2 female)  The men are too weak for worldgen, and its killing my vibe.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:41:21 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7000 on: October 08, 2014, 09:34:47 pm »

I committed royal family-icide, you know, like regicide, except with the royal family as well, in an attempt to get a dwarf back on the throne for my civ. However, instead of going to some random dwarf, it goes to a random goblin who is currently on the other freaking side of the map!

I'm currently considering whether to chase that goblin down because I did do a two week 'retire' to get an updated legends info, but theres no guarantee that the goblin will stay where he is. Even then, I'll probably have to trek back to home territories to find out who is now king/queen. Maybe I'll go vampire on the way there or the way back.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7001 on: October 08, 2014, 09:39:43 pm »

Okay Gotta love this game for giving me the option to barter with a fellow Mancer for a slab he/she is carrying.

context: after popping into keeps and murdering everyone inside I finally notice there hasn't been a single noble in sight, combine with the massive groups of people moving East I guess they are all migrants running from something.
So long walk back over to east I bump into a camp and expecting the worst I prep to sneak in.
only to find a spider serpentmancer with his/her back turn, noticing my undead mob doesn't fight other mancers I guess I had to kill the bloke myself only to realize he has a metal slab and I only wield fire base spells so one hit would kill him but super heat or melt the slab making it worthless. that's when I remember we can trade with folks now.
 so now I'm wondering if I can barter a bunch of mangled skulls I pick up for a slab.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: October 08, 2014, 09:43:29 pm »

What's a spider serpentmancer?

You could just bash his/her head in and since necromancers still need to breathe, you could choke him/her to death..

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7003 on: October 08, 2014, 11:01:05 pm »

I loaded my character and his demon servant to test how having the demon in the middle of my zombie angel horde would work.

Strangely, as soon as the zombie horde managed to get to us on the top of the darkfortress, they immediately all attacked my demon, despite demon and zombies are in my party.
Anyways, i decided to help my demon to see if we could get rid totally of my zombie horde, as i wanted next to test how people would react in me having that guy as a servant (not only he is a demon that does not hide its appearance, but he's the leader of the whole goblin civ) and going with my horde in town would be a sure way to destroy it even if i didn't wanted to .

To my surprise the demon despite a few broken fingers and toes was doing good alone at killing the zombies angels and he even killed the big unique angel leader that i had zombified during the Vault invasion.
I had an easy time too, as only after i was striking a zombie would turn hostile to me, while the rest of the horde was still my minions.
At least it made a good sword training (and divine short sword cut things so easily).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Once the zombie horde was destroyed , my demon with his broken fingers and toes followed me to my good old leader, and to my disapointement there was absolutely no reaction of anyone, my lord, soldiers, civilians, etc...
Everyone seems to be perfectly passive in the view of the demon , of the feared leader of the most evil civ.
I could understand if he was under some kind of disguise, but not at all, he was walking around like that :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7004 on: October 08, 2014, 11:12:39 pm »

Well, before, the demons kept making everybody auto-aggro to it.

Would be cool if the demons did radiate an aura of fear or something and made everybody around it frightened.
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 1104