Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4089 4090 [4091] 4092 4093 ... 10987

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13396732 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #61350 on: October 23, 2014, 08:00:58 pm »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #61351 on: October 23, 2014, 08:11:40 pm »

That number of tabs is just disgusting
I know, right. I've had way more--I mean. Yeah. Dude. Cut back a little. Don't listen to them
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #61352 on: October 23, 2014, 08:19:22 pm »

My laptop gets unbearably slow once I have more than five tabs.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #61353 on: October 23, 2014, 08:34:26 pm »

That number of tabs is just disgusting

I don't actually know how many tabs I have open at this point. Two, three hundred? Something like that.

Incidentally, Opera handles tabs waaaay better than firefox, in my experience. Less memory imprint, and better means of navigating them all. The ctrl+tab or right-click+mouse wheel scroll menu thingy is amazing.

... also, there's totally too many tabs open for the little X on the tabs to show up. It does show when they're large enough to see the icons on the tabs, but... that was a long time and many fewer tabs ago.

E: Mind you, I've also got firefox open in the background with another dozen or so tabs open. It handles flash a bit better, so I use it for video LPs.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:37:24 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #61354 on: October 23, 2014, 08:43:24 pm »

O_O

JESUS CHRIST GUYS

Anyways, I use Chrome (Firefox doesn't work properly, I don't like Opera, IE is IE, and I've run out of browsers), so I have like three tabs open. Tops.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #61355 on: October 23, 2014, 09:00:12 pm »

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61356 on: October 23, 2014, 09:19:27 pm »

And this is why I like tab groups. I could take a picture and have 5ish tabs open it appears, but hidden away theres like, 30.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #61357 on: October 23, 2014, 09:22:12 pm »

... yeah, I've got something like 80-100 stuck behind something similar, usually. Mind you, it only makes so much difference from a visual standpoint, but eh.

It tends to be too much effort to bother sorting things, though.
Ask not!
Ask!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #61358 on: October 23, 2014, 09:23:18 pm »

....but why?

FOR WHAT REASON
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #61359 on: October 23, 2014, 09:27:21 pm »

Because it's considerably less effort than making, organizing, and using bookmarks.

Also considerably more likely for me to not just forget I wanted to return to the page if I leave it open in a tab instead of shoving it into the bookmark folder, never to be seen again.

Basically, for me, this methodology is significantly more effective than using bookmarks. So it's what I do.
Ask not!
Ask!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #61360 on: October 23, 2014, 09:29:46 pm »

This is why I don't let Chrome resume with the tabs I previously opened when I start it up.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61361 on: October 23, 2014, 09:29:47 pm »

I have no idea why frumple has enough tabs to build a tab-monster out of. But I don't bother with the organizing, frumple. If something is in the hidden tab group then I'm planning to do something with it later. Or its a mod I'm keeping track of. Things get pulled out of it as needed and things I plan to use in the future get dumped into the massive list that is my pocket account to save on ram.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #61362 on: October 23, 2014, 09:43:18 pm »

... mostly fanfiction. Handful of LPs. Occasional bits of... miscellaneous other stuff. Like, representative example, the left side of my ctrl-tab thingy (i.e., the most recent stuff) consists of 30 tabs. Of it, all but 11 are fanfics. Of the 11, two are B12, two are LPs, two are manga, two are game related (ToME4 forum and some gamefaqs page), and the remainder are miscellaneous one-off stuff. Most of the "active" columns (which is usually the leftmost, maybe the left two, and the furthest right column or two -- stuff that's been background-tab opened but not yet looked at. I can't actually see the latter ones at the moment, but... eh.) look fairly similar, with the inactive ones being mostly-coherent columns of entirely fanfic or LP or whathaveyou.

Basically I read on the computer a lot. A lot. And I don't have any trouble reading several (dozen) things more or less sequentially, bouncing between them whenever the mood hits. And then I read something nice, check the author's favorites, and there's suddenly another dozen tabs open. And one of those is probably something nice that will again have author's favorites of note that I haven't yet read.

So stuff accrues.
Ask not!
Ask!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61363 on: October 23, 2014, 10:14:54 pm »

o.o

To be fair, mine would be substantially worse than that if I left stuff open in tabs instead of bookmarking it. ~30 tabs devoted to misc. school and work, ~230 for various articles for my research, ~40 for webcomics, ~400 for YT music, ~300 for DnD quick-referencing, ~600 for mods for various games, ~100 for research into lore + canon for various bits of partially-written fanfiction, ~600 for fanfiction waiting for updates, ~50 for finished fanfiction, ~800 for random things I thought amusing or noteworthy enough to bookmark...

And then there's my 'Unsorted Bookmarks' dump folder, which has ~1,200 random things, ranging from predictable (fanfiction and *cough*completely legally viewed*cough* manga and anime I need to start/finish) to old B12 threads to 1d4chan and various other archival links, as well as plenty of stuff that belongs in the 'Notable' folder (at least 1/3 of which is macromeme links).

So yeah, if I used tabs instead of bookmarks, I'd have ~4,000 and change tabs open. Which is why I don't use tabs for that. Sadly there's no bookmarks folder for real life.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #61364 on: October 23, 2014, 10:19:48 pm »

I'm the kind of guy who if he can't see blank space on his tabs, he gets nervous.
You guys are making me physically sick. D:
Pages: 1 ... 4089 4090 [4091] 4092 4093 ... 10987