Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 376446 times)

bigmcstrongmuscle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Of Glass and Steel (A Community Fort)
« Reply #810 on: August 11, 2008, 09:23:48 pm »

OOC: Hmm, could a dwarven axe berserker/kamikazi who likes to get into bar room brawls and practically slosh with dwarven spirits when he walks but be the opposite of Stav and Major in terms of caring be a Zefon? I never really paid much mind to what dwarven god the crazy danger addicted freak would be interested in for the character idea, as I am not familiar with the dwarven pantheon.

Actually, Sulari's a Zefonist, too - Only serious difference between the crazy danger-addicted freaks is that one gets in bar fights and cares about whats going on, and the other is way too busy ushering squillions of gobbos and Dread Camels into their next rebirth to notice.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 13, 2008, 07:18:23 pm »

Oh sweet Zefon, I hate and love you all. I have not managed to get a proper night's sleep for the past three days thanks you.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 13, 2008, 08:37:44 pm »

Our pleasure.  ;D

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 14, 2008, 11:17:15 am »

Might be making Glacies a backstory soon.

CanadianWolverine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 15, 2008, 09:58:02 am »

OOC: Cool, I eagerly await the tale :D

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 17, 2008, 12:24:13 am »

A heads up: I'm tipsy, and have just stumbled back to my motel room in downtown Nashville after rocking out the Best Man duties of this wedding.  I'm driving back home to South Carolina tomorrow, so at the latest, you're going to see a story update by Monday.  This whole "motel" thing is so foreign to me... the government usually pays for 4-star rooms for me, so this damned Howard Johnson is... let's just say sub par.

But, whatever, Huzzah!  This wedding is over and done with, my toast complete, the festivities finished!  Now just to go to this internet-less conference in DC for work and I'll be much more relaxed.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 17, 2008, 09:58:31 pm »

Are you member of the CIA?

CanadianWolverine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 18, 2008, 01:50:07 am »

That would help explain some of his talent for writing fiction  :P :D

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 18, 2008, 07:57:11 am »

Hehe, no, I'm a hired geek for the Navy.  I'm a civilian who does... "Network Modeling and Simulation" which is a fancy title that doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot.  I do a lot of report writing, and a lot of reading stuff online as work as hard to come by.  I did apply for the CIA, and the FBI though, so it's not for lack of trying that I'm not there :)  This upcoming conference is for one of our vendors tools (A modeling suite called OPNET), and it's got catered meals, open bar, and classes on how to use it. 

A word of the wise.  If you have any sort of skills, do not take a military job.  There's a trend called Reversed Evolution where anyone who's good takes a year or two to milk the governments high starting pay, then they leave for the private sector where they can get matching salaries and a bigger long-term pay, leaving the dregs of the workforce behind. 

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 18, 2008, 04:32:52 pm »

The Events of the 14th of the 14th of Slate, 1065

The High Council conveened at the top of the south-western gate tower, crowded around the arrow slits.  Aryn had called their meeting up here, and though it was a "private function", many of the Dwarves not hauling, or planting, or digging were piling into the towers and out along the parapet's catwalk.  Aryn stood the closest, his face wedged in between the slits, his hands clasped behind his back.

"And just why are we up here?" Asked Duke Bomrek, "Is this about that foul business with the Elves?  You can't pout about that forever."
"No.  It's not about the Elves," Aryn said quietly, though Glacies thought he could hear a trace of excitement in his voice.  "It's about what's coming, look."

The others tried to crowd around, and Bertrand and Crowpages ended up stepping outside to try and see into the distance. 
It was Rice, from outside, that spoke first: "Is that... on the horizon?"
Sulari was next, her voice carrying up from the floor below: "Oh.  Oh my.  Is that real?"
Erith, standing next to her, replied: "It's a mirage.  A trick of the light and the heat.  My dear, perhaps we should adjourn below, the lighting much better.  I could carve the most glorious of homages..."

But it was Aryn at the arrow slits who spoke with certainty.  When he turned to face the council, he wore a wide grin, the happiest they had seen him in months.  "They've come."

Six had shown up to the fortress, tired and worn.  They spoke of one of the five Mountain Halls of Stukos Matul falling to the unwashed hordes of the goblin armies.  The ones that weren't in shock spoke of a shadow-cloaked giant, with flaming swords and flaming horns that tore through the stone walls like it was made of tallow. 

Aryn made the executive decision to draft three of them, giving them over to a distraught Rolland for Training.

The remaining three were put to work, two to the mines and one given over to Rice and the Stoneworkers Union

Jools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 18, 2008, 05:27:37 pm »

Fresh mea migrants! Hooray!

Except for that Zako person. I mean, liking donkey leather? What sort of a sick, twisted person would like that?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 18, 2008, 05:29:26 pm »

AT LAST!!!

HOORAY!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 18, 2008, 05:39:50 pm »

Aww, no Runeblade this time. Oh, well, I'll just have to wait until the next batch shows up.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 18, 2008, 05:47:26 pm »

Aww, no Runeblade this time. Oh, well, I'll just have to wait until the next batch shows up.

"Rune" isn't one of the words in the Dwarven Tongue so the last name's been left as one of the defaults.  You're guy's in as Adol Martyerdbell, and I'll give proper descriptions in an update or two.  Though, if you want <x>blade as a name, I'll see if I can accommodate for you, and keep the originally idea intact.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 05:52:39 pm by Heavy Flak »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 18, 2008, 05:52:44 pm »

Ah, ok. Cool!

Looking at him, I have two thoughts.

1) He worships Litast, who I don't remember. Could I get a description of that god?

2) Since he likes warhammers, I'm ok with him doing hammers instead of blades. Although either is fine depending on how things fit with the story.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 05:56:20 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 189