Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 376484 times)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #1545 on: December 23, 2008, 04:28:11 am »

I'm not sure Maggarg even notices he worships litast.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: December 23, 2008, 08:13:05 am »

If the Grov Collective worship anything at all, it's probably not by conscious effort.

On a tangent, Kuli, how do clones fit into Zefonism?
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 23, 2008, 04:02:00 pm »

*You see here a sketch of a female dwarf flying out a explosion brandishing a war axe above her head with male dwarves cowering in fright before the dwarven projectile*
This is somehow different from the usual?
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

CanadianWolverine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 23, 2008, 06:33:56 pm »

*You see here a sketch of a female dwarf flying out a explosion brandishing a war axe above her head with male dwarves cowering in fright before the dwarven projectile*
This is somehow different from the usual?
OOC: Not entirely sure what you are asking, but I will hazard a guess. It is just like a stick figure or cartoonish drawing on the borders of this particular dwarf's entries. They are doodles, little sketches taken from that dwarf's imagination based on how she feels about the goings on around her in Migrursut. In that particular drawing, I was going for a bit of absurdity: imagine dwarf, clothing mostly burned off, hair singed flying through the air because a still blew up, desperately gripping her beloved weapon of choice in a manner that is becoming of a warrior finding themself in a desperate situation, in contrast to other dwarves who carry on a less militaristic life who fear danger. A final way of expressing it would be to picture a movie that featured dragons in england and one of the main characters leapt at the main dragon with an axe - that is what I pictured when I thought of her doodling about the explosive situation regarding religion being banned and gods blasphemed. Also, I am being lazy - actually drawing a sketch, scanning, uploading and inserting it into a post is more time than I find myself willing to commit at the moment. Hope that helps with the understanding of a little bit of doodling not unlike a Mad magazine tiny sketch that can be found in it's borders on a page.

Kuli

• Bay Watcher
  • Born-Again Zefonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 23, 2008, 08:38:26 pm »

On a tangent, Kuli, how do clones fit into Zefonism?

They...don't?  Kuli isn't aware of the Grov clones, nor are any other Zefonists.  They idea of cloning is not one that any Zefonist theologians have considered.

In theory, cloning would be considered an abominable act that perverts the natural order, probably.  Nonetheless, each clone would be considered to have the same right to life as the original.  Kuli would no doubt be horrified by the murders of several dozen Grov clones.
"The power of Zefon compels you!"

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: December 23, 2008, 10:25:45 pm »

No, I meant how is male dwarves cowering in fear of female dwarves different from the usual...
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

CanadianWolverine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 25, 2008, 02:11:54 pm »

No, I meant how is male dwarves cowering in fear of female dwarves different from the usual...
OOC: Hehe, oh that! Hmm, I wonder how many fem dwarves have tight fitting leather, hand cuffs, and whips...  :D

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 26, 2008, 10:27:34 am »

I wonder how many fem dwarves have tight fitting leather, hand cuffs, and whips...  :D

Depends where you are. In the temple of Zefon, probably not a lot. Dodik's, on the other hand...
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 27, 2008, 08:42:06 am »

Heavy Flak: yours is an excellent story. I'm impressed by several things about it, but mostly your dedication to the story after so long, the frequency and length of all your posts, and your ability to keep the story consistently interesting. I'm so impressed that I want to be a part of it, and so I registered.

Might I request a dwarf?

Name: Hikan if male, Nakih if female.
Profession: Aryn's personal guard.
Stock character most representative of what I want his personality to be like: Dirty cop.

He should basically be a total mook, hired muscle, a grunt, Aryn's stooge, and all other synonyms for a minion. Later, if 't please you, I think it would be neato if he started using his position as Aryn's guard to engage in organized crime. Protection schemes, witness intimidation, bribery, evidence tampering, theft of confiscated money, etc., etc....

And make him a bastard. The worst kind of bastard. The manipulative, cunning, pathologically lying bastard. The kind of character that makes you sick to your stomach.

I remember several pages back there was mention of a member of Aryn's personal guard whose name was Riddlewire. If so, I want that dwarf if he/she doesn't have brain damage, because of the awesome name. If not, any other member of Aryn's guard will do.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 27, 2008, 07:25:52 pm »

Hey hey hey! We already have one Stravich!

Also, someone joining the forums because of a fort that isn't Nist Akath? Blasphemy!

Kuli

• Bay Watcher
  • Born-Again Zefonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 27, 2008, 09:39:41 pm »

Well, this is the second biggest story next to Nist Akath.  Migrursut deserves some recognition from time to time.
"The power of Zefon compels you!"

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 27, 2008, 11:29:32 pm »

The events of the 4th of Sandstone, 1067

"Honey, do you have to go?" Udib Arrowsalves whined.  "Aryn said we could have the day off, since he's spending it going over the books."
"In a weary world such is this, there is no rest for the wicked," Hikan Riddlewire growled to his reflection in the cracked vanity.  He gave one last adjustment to the knot in his thin black tie, and satisfied, he loosened it half way, exposing the unbuttoned collar of his shirt.  The dwarf grabbed his steel-lined trench coat from the chairback it was slung over, and draped it over an arm, turning back to his girlfriend - another member of Aryn's entourage.  He just shook his head and pulled out a flask from his trouser pocket, and took a healthy pull.  Udib winced.

"I wished you'd stop drinking that," she chastised.
"I wish you'd get your figure back.  We don't always get what we want."
Udib stuck out her lower lip and rolled over, pulling the sheets up to her neck.  "Whatever, just go."
Riddlewire snorted, and pulled his bowler down over his eyes.  "Yeah, yeah..."

Hikan knelt beside the pond by the Temple of Zefon, his face grim, his beard scraggly and unkempt.  He'd enlisted the aid of Erendor, and that dwarf was currently struggling with his fishing pole, slowly winding the reel. 

Shortly, a mass of hair crested the water, and in seconds the corpse of a child was pulled free of the water.  Erendor strained, and eventually a small stone block came up with it, tied to the child by a crude rope.  He blanched, and the child dropped to the bridge with a heavy thud.  "Oh god," he moaned, "That's the Duke's child."

"It's an obvious suicide," Riddlewire called.  He slowly stood up, brushing dust from the knees of his trousers.  A quick motion pulled his flask free, and he took a quick slug as he trudged over.
"Suicide?"
"Yes.  The stone block is to keep him underwater.  That baby knows that, as a baby, he's comprised mostly of layers of fat and bones that have not yet reached their high levels of adult density.  As such, he tied this rope around his ankles and threw himself in the reflecting bond, as punishment to Kuli for killing his mother."
"And the caved in head?"  asked Erendor.
"Weighted down with that stone, he must have sunk... like a rock!"  When Erendor didn't laugh, Nakin spit on the sidewalk and took a pull from his flask.  "It's from the lake bed."
"I don't think buoyancy works like that."
"No?  I like to think that if your room was to be searched, some of the Duchesses' missing jewelery wouldn't be found in your dresser."

"I haven't stolen anything!" Protested Erendor.
"Then perhaps you shouldn't be questioning what the officer on duty says about the damned crime scene!  Now get the hell out of here!"

As Erendor left, Hikan smirked.  He tugged his coat straight and went to take a pull from his flask, but it was empty.  With a curse, Hikan squatted down on the bridge and dipped the silver flask into the pond.  He watched as it bubbled up three or four times before pulling it free.  With a quick twist of his forefinger and thumb, he tightened the cap over top it, and stood up.

The flask tucked away, Hikan pulled a small notepad from an inner pocket of his coat.  Flipping to somewhere near the middle, he scanned down it with a small stick of charcoal, drawing a line across the middle of the page.

Two Down.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 11:57:00 pm by Heavy Flak »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: December 27, 2008, 11:47:36 pm »

Ah, exactly what I had in mind. Thanks, Heavy Flak! Though as a matter of preference, I'd like his name to be Hikan if he is indeed male.

Steel-lined trench coat, bowler hat, relationship trouble, sobriety problems, unkempt beard.... I like him better than I thought I would.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 28, 2008, 06:44:22 am »

Diary of maggarg
Policemen!
I'm buggered.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 28, 2008, 10:40:23 am »

Diary of maggarg
Policemen!
I'm buggered.

Hahaha, nice.  You've also given me ideas, double-nice!

Listat would be Adol. Not that he's a priest or anything, but I think I've mentioned the gentler day god the most.

And that's who I was forgetting.  You're right, I wouldn't say he's a "priest" of Litast, but you've got more say in it than others I suppose, being the claiming reader. 

Oh, and I hope everyone had a very good Christmas (or, just a good week if that's not your thing)!
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 189