Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 376470 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #1695 on: January 25, 2009, 03:37:55 am »

He keeps the mace to use as a walking stick/blugeon/all-purpose tool/poking stick. That and more.

I wonder who is going to be the next Captain of the guard?

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: January 25, 2009, 03:40:56 am »

Probably he'll drop the weapon as he leaves the military/active duty....
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: January 25, 2009, 04:06:44 am »

I wonder who is going to be the next Captain of the guard?

I think Major Merkil might get it. Sulari would be a good pick to if she hadn't left the military

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: January 25, 2009, 05:39:06 am »

Who would Aryn pick for the Captain of the Guard? My money's on Vatek. He's the honest, responsible choice, and Aryn can count on him not to be a criminal in the highest position of law enforcement, unlike, say, his personal bodyguard.

But if Stravitch drops his mace as part of his de-captainization (not likely from a story perspective, at least), I wonder who will pick up Sefulkubuk? Probably no one. That thing has seen too many innocent deaths to be a weapon of Dwarven justice, though I could see people saying the exact opposite.

Heavy Flak, I'm curious about Hikan's colleagues. Are those the only three remaining members of Aryn's entourage? Why do they all wield spears? What are their skills and personalities? Curious mind(s) want to know.

Anyways,

Notes of Hikan Riddlewire, kept on his person.
Entry for the 14th of Granite, 1068.

Disbanding the guard? Who the hell does Stravitch think he is? Aryn will have his hands full trying to make sure the rest of the guard doesn't abandon their post thanks to their glorious leader.

This whole business of shutting down Stravitch's poison cathedral would be funny if it didn't mean I would have to work three times as hard to make sure this place doesn't implode on itself.

...or do I? My job is to protect Aryn, not the rabble that's trying to off themselves, or the city that he built.

Hell, let Migrursut burn for all I care. I, the only sober dwarf in all of the Planets of Dawning, will be standing far away while the dumb dwarves will pour burning alcohol down their throats to satisfy their need for it. And after it's all done, Aryn will be able to rebuild the place without its rebellious elements poisoning his work.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Kuli

• Bay Watcher
  • Born-Again Zefonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: January 25, 2009, 09:30:23 am »

From the journal of Kuli Problemwalled,

I was not there to witness the spectacle, but apparently Stravitch Fillwhip made a big show of resigning as Guard Captain when Aryn demanded that he tear down that abomination of his.  While it warms my heart to think that Stravitch will no longer be able to abuse his authority to persecute the Children of Zefon, the fact remains that Migrursut is temporarily without an organized Guard.  The result could be anarchy if things are allowed to get out of hand.

There are several Children of Zefon in the military.  I will approach them and make a personal appeal to them to help enforce domestic peace when they have the time.  I also need to talk to Sulari.  It is obvious to me, at least, that she left the military due to emotional distress after Snake's death.  However, Migrursut needs her strength now more than ever.  I will do my best to console her and convince her to use that strength once more.

At the very least, it will be easier to hold worship gatherings during all this.  We might even try to retake the temple if Aryn loses enough of his grip on authority.  A difficult situation for others may well be an opportunity for the Children of Zefon to break out from under this oppression.  May Zefon's love be with us.
"The power of Zefon compels you!"

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: January 25, 2009, 11:55:13 am »

Diary of Maggarg
Stravich just resigned from being Captain of the guard.
This means there's a job opening. I suspect crime'll actually decrease without stravich.
God, it'd be a funny old world if I ended up with it. The criminal becoming a watchman. I hope to whatever gods there may be that it doesn't happen.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: January 25, 2009, 01:06:47 pm »

From Fireheart's Journal

Stravitch resigned his post as Guard Captain. We may not have an organized Guard now but I think we'll be better off in the long run without Stravitch in charge. I still think he's been driven completely mad by that poison temple he continues to build. And poor Vatek is stuck out there with him all the time.

Hopefully our new Captain will actually be sane and just.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: January 25, 2009, 04:26:24 pm »

The events of the 15th of Granite, 1068

With a war cry, Sergeant Towersacks thrust her spear towards the first goblin in the squad.  It brought it's hand down in a clumsy arc to try and knock aside her spear but he was too slow.  The goblin went wide-eyed, screaming as his right hand was pinned to his left thigh.  Yanking her spear free, Towersacks thrust it into the goblin coming up beside.  It was felled instantly, the spear exploding out the green skins back in a shower of blood. 

Varen drove back one of the goblins as well, but the flat of a sword caught him in the side of the helmet and he went reeling towards the cliffs edge, his teeth aching, his mind ringing.  Catching himself at the last instant, he dropped hard on his rump, staring blankly at the fight unfurling before him.  Towersack's spear was a blur in the air, but the four goblins left alive were closing in on her, circling around to get at her blind side. 

A sword tip nicked her arm through her armor, and with a grunt, Towersacks fell back a little farther.  The goblin to her left, unnoticed, loosed a roar, fell and terrible, but before Towersacks could so much as turn the green skin's battle cry turned to one of pain and horror.  His midsection had been opened from side to side, and his intestines dropped out with wet splorches, pooling up in the sands.  Towersacks saw a large form lumber past her, holding his great axe in one hand as he beat back the goblins, his hollow laughter drowning out the sounds of battle.

"Camels, camels, camels," Fireheart muttered.  His sword flashed, a head dropped;  The magic holding another one of the beasts dissipating as the bones and meat dropped to the sand.  "What kinda' work is this fer' a feared sailor, aye?  Tch, I shoulda' stayed inside t'train instead of offerin' to clear out these stupid camels."

Another swing.  Another head rolled, another camel released to the voids that animal souls went to. One of the beasts, perhaps roused to anger at seeing it's corpse-brothers re-killed, bucked and kicked, catching a glancing blow on Fireheart's chest.  The sailor grunted and stumbled backwards, colliding with something. 

Confused - sure that the sand dune was farther away - he turned and saw an equally surprised, pitch covered goblin Pikeman.  All around, others materialized from the sands. 

With a cry, and a swing of his sword, Fireheart cut into the hand that was stretching out towards him.  The goblin hissed a curse and wrenched his hand back, blood seeping from the wound.  They set upon him.  He fought valiantly, pushing back towards the cliffs, but there were too many, too fast.  One of the wrestlers locked his arm and broke it; the pain made much worse when it lowered it's terrible face and bit his right ring finger clean off his hand. 

As he was blacking out, succumbing to the darkness engulfing him, he saw one of the attackers jerk backwards away from him, spraying blood from the hole that had opened in chest.  A second spurt of blood, a bolt projecting from his throat, and the goblin dropped to the ground.  Fireheart sank into unconsciencness. 

"Leave him be!" Zako shouted.  Another bolt loosed, catching a goblin in the shoulder. Rolland stepped by behind, along with Likot and War'dunell, all readying their weapons.  The goblins hissed their displeasure, Fireheart momentarily forgotten as they rushed towards the foresome.

There was a hail of bolts, a clash of weapons as War'Dunell's blocked a spear with her axe.  Zako fired a quick volley, but they were dodged deftly.  Within a minute the goblins had begun to fall back, and Zako, grinning wide, pressed the attack forward.  He was not prepared to see a goblin maceman, hidden behind a rock, stand and crash his mace against the side of Rolland's temple.  The Dwarf's eyes rolled up in his head, a spray of blood and bone as he rocked to the side, toppling into the sands.

War'dunnel was grabbed from behind by a muscle-bound goblin wrestler, and though she managed to embed her axe in his back by swinging it behind her, he jerked her head hard to the side.  She slumped limp to the sand, her left leg twitching spasmodically, frothing at the mouth.  Slack-jawed, horrified, Zako never saw the spear-point that punched through his steel plate.  He heard, more than felt, the tip hitting the back of his armor as it pierced him through the lungs.  Coughing up blood, he turned his head and saw Likot a few paces away, standing calmly as the goblins tore Fireheart to pieces.

"H-help me... please."  He gasped.  Likot just watched him, her eyes dancing with delight. 
"Damn you, ya' bitch..." he breathed out, and died upon the spear. 

With Zako dead, Likot swooped in.  She crushed the spear-goblins head with the butt of her crossbow and scooped up the dead Dwarves quiver of bolts.  In a matter of seconds, the remaining goblins were no more, bolts punched through their foreheads or chests.  She stood at the grizzly seen, taking it in in silence as the rest of the military rushed forward, and as the shouts, the cries, the wails of the lost's friends filled the sands, Likot stalked towards Dodik's, chuckling quietly to herself. 

"GOBLIN SNATCHERS!  THEY'VE GOT A CHILD!" came a scream from the north.  "GOD WHERE IS THE MILITARY!  HELP!  SOMEONE HELP!"
"ELVES!  THERE ARE ELVES FROM THE WEST!"
"OH NO THE ELVES ARE ATTACKING TOO?"
"NO THEY HAVE WAGONS!  THE ELVES ARE HERE TO TRADE!"

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: January 25, 2009, 05:44:26 pm »

In the corner of the barracks, barely visible in the dust and almost covered by the shadows, a small crumbled piece of paper lies discarded.

I never thought It would come to this, taking up a pen, instead of a hammer to do my duty. So much has changed since I last held one in my hands. Back then I was writing my request to be transfered to the queens personal guard, now I'm probably writing my own death-sentence... But still, for the same purpose. Order, stability, but first of all because I consider it my duty...

They turned down my transfer though. Told me I was too inexperienced, and I guess it was true. I've learned so much since my departure from home. Departure is the wrong word though, the correct term would be desertion I guess... And what a desertion! I came to protect the queen, a queen that was dead long before I even left home...

Now, I'm applying to the position of «Captain of the Guard», even if it sort of means a demotion... I've grown quite used to being called Major, even if it was never a truly official title, it did the trick here. I've done my best to teach our new recruits, and now I feel that I've done what I can. Perhaps it's time for a change of scenery. Of course I'll still be around in the barracks, but as Captain of the Guard I can protect the core of Oceanbled, the citizens. Captain Fillwhip's resignation has left a power vacuum that will probably do nothing good to the balance of Oceanbled. If I couldn't protect the queen, perhaps I can safeguard her citizens......

OOC:

Not sure what your plans are for Merkil, or the position of Captain of the Guard. Merkil would be playing with the idea in his mind, and the note left in the barracks could've been a draft to a letter that he later finished. Or he discarded both the idea and the note.

He respects Stravinch's work, considers his methods rough, rude, and over the top, but he'll admit to himself that they worked. He doesn't like Stravinch personally, but has a lot of respect for him.

EDIT:
Didin't have time to read the last post. So many defenders down.... Merkil want's active duty!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 03:18:40 am by IronValley »

CanadianWolverine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 25, 2009, 06:08:30 pm »

War'dunnel was grabbed from behind by a muscle-bound goblin wrestler, and though she managed to embed her axe in his back by swinging it behind her, he jerked her head hard to the side.  She slumped limp to the sand, her left leg twitching spasmodically, frothing at the mouth.

OOC: Is it safe to assume she is dead? If so, what a spectacular way to go! :D

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: January 25, 2009, 06:44:54 pm »

Diary of Kandor PulleyCloisters

15th Granite, 1068
Damn...

Today's battle was, as usual, a victory.

But the cost...

We lost War'Dunell, Rolland, even Zako to the green-skinned bastards. Even heard me mate Fireheart may've taken the big fall. Hope to Neth it ain't so.

In other news, that big lout Stravitch totally disbanded the fortress guard. Heard they're looking for a replacement.

Hmmm...

To be 'Captain Kandor' once more?

No, 'tis but wishful thinking... isn't it?

*there is a sketch of a rather dashing-looking seadwarf at the bottom of the page*
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 25, 2009, 07:01:29 pm »

A Dwarf can't have a more honorable death then that, cut down (or in this case torn to shreds) in battle.

I'd like to request a new Dwarf for whenever you get migrants or steal guards from a caravan.

Name: Crispin
Job: Sworddwarf of course

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 25, 2009, 08:03:44 pm »

NOOOO!!! Damn those undead bastards! They are in legue with teh gobbo's!

Those poor bastards never stood a chance...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 25, 2009, 08:09:23 pm »

But Rolland didn't get to find the goblin in black, and War'dunnel didn't get to engage in sophomoric sexuality, and Zako didn't get to fight the undead, and Fireheart just arrived! Characters all cut down in the prime of their character arcs! By size 35 (or whatever it is) goblins, no less! Where's the justice? Where? Where?

Journal of Hikan Riddlewire, hidden in the wastes in an unknown location.
Entry for the week of 15th Granite, 1068

No sooner than four veteran dwarves in the military were cruelly felled in battle did their comrades start gossiping about who among them would fill the absent position of Captain of the Guard. I've never had lower respect for their number.

Four legendary champions of Migrursut getting killed by one goblin ambush? That's unheard of. In the whole of Migrursut history, the only champions to be killed by goblins were Snake Splitskin and Kib Machinescalded. Why did it take seventeen years for the goblins to send in the elite of the elite to this place? Where did they get all this new, frightfully effective training?

The more questions I ask, the more I fear for my life. I just know that I'm going to end up dead caught in between goblin commandos, the smiling serial killer, or a worker's revolt just because I'm the dwarf standing in between the target on Aryn's back and everything that wants to kill him, which is pretty much everything.

Oh well. I'm sure their funerals will be touching. I'll be sure to skip them. They can complain about it if they come back to life. Given everything that's happened here, that doesn't seem like a distant possibility.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 25, 2009, 10:29:05 pm »

Diary of Neo, Entry 3:
War'dunnel, Zako, Rolland and Fireheart are all dead. 4 champions, felled in the blink of an eye. All because of the vile greenskins. Where were their comrades? Where was I when I was needed. I do not remember...
OOC: Did I even participate in this battle?
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 189