Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Fantasy Grand Slam - GAME OVER!  (Read 17429 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Grand Slam (One player more needed!)
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 09:53:35 am »

Posting to watch. I'll sign up if nobody else does.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 10:51:26 am »

Joining this.
Will post team later.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Vytron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 06:58:36 am »

Alright! Welcome NAV! We're ready, so I'll be starting this up while you post your team  :)

How to play:

Each game event is separated in matches. A match is a series of 3 games against the same player. For each Game, you'll have to choose a pitcher from your team (which will bat last), and the order in where your other players will bat. For this you can take a look at all of your opponent's cards and pick accordingly. Players that send a predictable order are expected to perform badly. Also, send a secret number from 1-9 for seeding, this number will be summed to all the other player's secret numbers, and used to auto-pick pitcher and batters for a player that failed to do so before deadline.

For the next games, these restrictions will apply:

1- A pitcher player will not be able to pitch on the next 4 games. So you'll have to keep 5 active pitchers at a minimum.

2- Players that didn't get to bat or pitch on your last game have to be on the first 6 batters or as your pitcher on the next game. So you'll have to use your full team eventually.

(you will be told about those restrictions before each game, so you don't have to keep track of who did what.)

To select your pitcher and batter order, just post a spoiler in the thread with it, like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's against the rules to open the spoiler posted by your opponent before selecting your order.

Scoring: You will earn 2 points if you beat your opponent two times in a row on your first two games. You will earn 1 point if you win 2 out of the 3 games. You will lose 1 point if you lose the match.

At the end of the Regular Season, the 4 players with the most points will advance to semi-finals. The other 4 will be eliminated. Direct result will be used for tie-breaking. If ties remain, Sonneborn-Berger tie-breaking will be used.

Gambling: There's also an optional Gambling element in place, where any of the players and spectators visiting this thread can make bets trying to predict who will win. You start with $1000, and can at every game, ask for a loan of up to $1000 to the mafia for your bets.

Winning odds for gambling will appear at the side of the game, a 1:1 means you get what you bet back, plus what you bet of profits. A 1:2 means you get back what you bet and half your bet if you bet for the favorite and it won, and you get your money back and twice what you bet if you bet against the favorite and it loses.

More details on gambling (it's fine to open this spoiler)

If you have a team and you bet for it and it wins you'll win twice its odds. You can choose to post your bets in spoilers, it'll be against the rules for other bettors to look at your spoilers before betting.

The player with the most money at the end of the Championship will win the Gambling Competition.

And now, the pairings:

Match 1

Schedule and odds:

The Makuta (darkpaladin109) Vs. The A.N.Y.C.F.W.A.L.S. (kj1225) --- 1:1

The Hags (My Name is Immaterial) Vs. The Shape Shifters (xelada) --- 1:1

The Elementals (scapheap) Vs. Badass Girls (Vytron)  --- 1:1

Pending Match: NAV (yet to form a team) Vs. Dragons (Fortis) --- 1:1

Game 1 Team Details (you can check the opponent's cards before deciding on your pitcher and batter order)

The Makuta (managed by darkpaladin109)

Vs.
The A.N.Y.C.F.W.A.L.S. (All names you can find with a little searching - managed by kj1225)

The Hags (managed by My Name is Immaterial)

(Numbers on the cards can be changed)
Vs.
The Shape Shifters (managed by xelada)
(If My Name is Immaterial or NAV want to use custom numbers on their cards, they'll have to pick them before opening this spoiler)

The Elementals (managed by scapheap)

Vs.
Badass Girls (managed by Vytron)

Pending game:
NAV (yet to form a team) Vs. Dragons (Fortis)

My batter order (scapheap can't open this spoiler before choosing his batter order):

My bets:
$100 - Vytron (2:1)

Good luck everyone! Also, I'm sending reminder PMs in case players forgot about this game  ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 07:03:02 am by Vytron »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Grand Slam (Match 1 - Game 1)
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 10:13:08 am »

Can I choose my numbers later tonight?
Edit: Never mind.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 01:29:53 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 12:19:23 pm »

forgot to put it in a spoiler

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2014, 03:57:37 pm »

Vytron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 06:46:49 pm »

Can I choose my numbers later tonight?
Edit: Never mind.

(Yes, you can pick your numbers at any point before deadline - as NAV still hasn't sent a team deadline hasn't been set yet.

Also, haven't written it anywhere, but if NAV wants to use custom numbers on their cards, they have to do so before looking at My Name is Immaterial's numbers, and conversely, if NAV uses custom numbers, My Name is Immaterial can't see them before picking their own.

All these cards can be seen before picking your batter order.)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 06:50:05 pm »

(Can I sign up/waitlist?

If so, "The Greedy Gobbos" backstabbing, dishonorable goblins.)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Vytron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2014, 06:54:11 pm »

(Can I sign up/waitlist?

Sorry! We're full! You are welcome to play in the Gambling Competition and sign up as a replacement so you take over management of a team if a player disappears or something, though!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2014, 06:55:13 pm »

(Replacement, then.)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Vytron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2014, 07:01:42 pm »

Alright! Welcome! If other 3 players sign up as replacements then I guess I can mod a mini-league for them or something  :D

Also, oops, forgot my secret number! It's below (I promise this is the one I was going to put)

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2014, 08:07:00 pm »

Honestly I think if Playergamer can submit a team before NAV, he should get the last slot

Vytron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2014, 09:20:39 pm »

Oh, but to play you can just send a team name and let the players and everything else be generated, so by sending "The Greedy Gobbos" Playergamer has already sent a team, but it would be unfair to NAV to not wait for him as he signed up first...

Anyway, I'm setting a deadline:

NAV has 13 hours to send a team or he'd be replaced by Playergamer's The Greedy Gobbos

*PMs NAV about it*

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2014, 09:26:16 pm »

Let Playergamer join. Sorry.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2014, 11:44:39 pm »

Ill get my team order up tomorrow night, but if that's too late, just seed me however.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11