Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 777

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 853327 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2016, 05:35:25 am »

Well, I mean, there are other snacks that are nice and all.
I just get in the habit of buying the easiest thing that I know I like, which is usually a bag of $2 salt 'n' vinegar potato crisps.
Feels like I should really mix it up a bit more often. Although last time I tried that I bought this kinda fancy bag of foreign crisps that was on special, and they were a bit underwhelming... but then I suppose I only tried one flavour, so it would be unfair to judge the entire brand.

I used to buy this interesting semi-traditional Indian snacks with fried noodles and sultanas, they're pretty good.
Next time I'm buying snacks I might buy some of those. Or maybe even some white bread and "1,000s and thousands" (basically those little multicoloured sugary sprinkle things) and make fairy bread, just like in the old days when I was six or seven years old! I've been meaning to do that for a while.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2016, 05:38:07 am »

Well, that's not bad.  Not necessarily good but not BAD certainly.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2016, 05:41:10 am »

Of course they aren't bad or good, those are abstract concepts with frighteningly nebulous meanings at the best of times.
The only real Truth in this world is that onion is delicious and all who disagree shall be slain my decree of the Vegetable God.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2016, 05:43:46 am »

I would kill for some chocolate right now. Like a Reese's cup. Or a Klondike bar. >____>

† only a few ants or something

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2016, 05:46:18 am »

Of course they aren't bad or good, those are abstract concepts with frighteningly nebulous meanings at the best of times.
The only real Truth in this world is that onion is Mike and Ikes are delicious and all who disagree shall be slain my decree of the Vegetable Fruit Candy God.
FTFY.  But yeah, it's just a matter of what you want, which is apparently salt-and-vinegar chips/crisps.

@Reverie:If I could give you one of...No, actually, you may not have my one remaining Caramel Pretzel bar.  MINE.  I'd give you a Reese's though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2016, 05:47:30 am »

@Reverie:If I could give you one of...No, actually, you may not have my one remaining Caramel Pretzel bar.  MINE.  I'd give you a Reese's though.

You taaaaaunt me ;_;

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2016, 05:50:05 am »

Speaking of the god of vegetables, I tried battered onion rings for (I think?) the first time the other day.
They were kinda cold and stale by the time I ate them, but they were... they were delicious. Oh man.
It was almost like eating calamari! One of my favourite snacks from my non-vegetarian days! In fact that's probably why the vegetarian restaurant chain they were purchased from sells them. I just never realised how good they were before now.

I think I need to go there and feast on battered onion rings someday soon.
Booze is Life for Yoink

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2016, 02:30:22 pm »

I'm really lonely yet I can't ever seem to get enough alone time. And of course, if you're quiet or want alone time or are just sick of hearing idle chatter, then there must be something horribly wrong with you because (at least, according to this country) only mentally unstable people value having some peace and fucking quiet once in a while.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2016, 04:17:35 pm »

Oh yes, the joys of introversion (or just valuing peace and quiet) in a society that VERY EXPLICITY values extraversion. It also shows itself when searching for jobs, since almost all of them call for highly outgoing, empathic and socially flawless people people(??). At least it seems like there's a beginning trend to take notice of the introverts (in a beneficial manner).
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2016, 05:08:08 pm »

Eh, the whole introversion/extraversion dichotomy strikes me as a bit of a fad. I myself, for example, go completely against that pattern: I'm a very, very extroverted person, but at the end of the day, when the party's over, the beer is drunk, the last snacks eaten, and everybody's gone home, I need an hour or two of alone-time before going to sleep. And don't even get me started on being in a house with people 24/7... When I'm at my parents', I usually stay up fairly late just to have the house to myself for a couple hours.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2016, 06:40:25 pm »

Fad or not, "introvert" describes me quite well, though it's not like i go around asking people what they are (it doesn't matter, really). I actually kind of envy people who aren't absolutely knackered after a few hours of socializing (depending on the INTENSITY of it), because people can be fun to be around. :v

also worth mentioning is that it's a continuum so you'd probably be an ambivert
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2016, 06:46:55 pm »

Dude, that's what I'm telling you: The idea of introversion and extraversion being two ends of a spectrum is a fad - at least in the form that's currently popular. A more solid analysis of human behaviour probably would start by identifying introvert and extravert behaviours, and then trying to describe with what regularities these beviours occur in different people. Maybe then we'd get some useful results from our new nomenclature instead of just the labels 'introvert' and 'extravert'.

I wager we'd arrive at some sort of 'capacity for social behaviour' that everyone has, but whose size and speed of regeneration varies from person to person. We'd need some empirical work to see whether this is a fruitful approach though.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2016, 06:47:42 pm »

The snow from today didn't really stick around.
Sigtext

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2016, 06:54:09 pm »

The snow from today didn't really stick around.

It's mostly the same around here. There's some accumulation, but it's uneven and doesn't have any real depth. It'll probably hang around for a few more days then disappear when it decides to jump into the 50's again.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2016, 07:02:51 pm »

Dude, that's what I'm telling you: The idea of introversion and extraversion being two ends of a spectrum is a fad - at least in the form that's currently popular. A more solid analysis of human behaviour probably would start by identifying introvert and extravert behaviours, and then trying to describe with what regularities these beviours occur in different people. Maybe then we'd get some useful results from our new nomenclature instead of just the labels 'introvert' and 'extravert'.

I wager we'd arrive at some sort of 'capacity for social behaviour' that everyone has, but whose size and speed of regeneration varies from person to person. We'd need some empirical work to see whether this is a fruitful approach though.
We'd probably also need a 'capacity for being alone' in order to make it work (i do know at least one guy who has explicitly stated that he needs other people to "recharge"), but i can totally see what you're on about, with it being more than a one-dimensional spectrum. I don't actually care that much about it, it's just easier to say "i'm introverted" than it is to say "i have a low capacity for social behaviour but i'll be fine after a few hours by myself", since it basically confers the same information. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 777