Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 855840 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

The shitty tile-based Q function approximation is absolutely refusing to work. Fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I need something better.
._.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

I just went to 3 different stores looking to buy a Nintendo Switch and everybody was out of stock. There were other stores I could have checked as well, but it had already been two hours and I wanted to die.

I thought that by waiting a full week it'd be easier to get one, but according to Mr. Gamestop, they've been slowly trickling in and being sold pretty much instantly.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

The shitty tile-based Q function approximation is absolutely refusing to work. Fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I need something better.
What are you implementing it in?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just went to 3 different stores looking to buy a Nintendo Switch and everybody was out of stock. There were other stores I could have checked as well, but it had already been two hours and I wanted to die.

I thought that by waiting a full week it'd be easier to get one, but according to Mr. Gamestop, they've been slowly trickling in and being sold pretty much instantly.

Personally, I would recommend you wait for Nintendo to release a better version of the switch which doesn't suffer from the hardware issues this first release is having. You may have to wait a bit but that way, you don't accidentally end up with a potential paperweight.

Still, if you insist on buying one, make sure you are aware of as many hardware issues as possible and how to compensate for them. Some issues I'd like to point out specifically are the dock scratching the screen, and the putting on the wrist straps getting stuck if you put them on the wrong controller.

Anyway, one final tip. If you find that the switch is defective in some way (such as having dead pixels), you can get it refunded at the store you bought it from and possibly get a new non-defective switch.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Personally, I would recommend you wait for Nintendo to release a better version of the switch which doesn't suffer from the hardware issues this first release is having. You may have to wait a bit but that way, you don't accidentally end up with a potential paperweight.

Still, if you insist on buying one, make sure you are aware of as many hardware issues as possible and how to compensate for them. Some issues I'd like to point out specifically are the dock scratching the screen, and the putting on the wrist straps getting stuck if you put them on the wrong controller.

Anyway, one final tip. If you find that the switch is defective in some way (such as having dead pixels), you can get it refunded at the store you bought it from and possibly get a new non-defective switch.
Yeah, I know, trust me. I actually already bought a screen protector for it while I was out just in case they didn't have it later, since I heard that pretty much immunized your switch to dock-scratching, and I am aware of the wrist strap issue.

The only thing I'm not prepared for is the taste. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be able to lick my games if it's as bad as they say.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

I wonder how many people stared at their game foe thirty minutes before deciding that, yes, they would go there.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

Every time I buy a physical game I have to put my entire collection in my mouth, to make sure it all still fits.

Diablo Battle Chest was a tough one but I managed it by taking all the booklets and discs out and putting them in my mouth separately.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I know this might come across as a bit rude, but, why the hell would you want to do that? I know my boxes and games can't be kept clean...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

If you're talking about me: I was joking. :P

If you're talking about tasting Switch games in general, people probably started getting curious after the first guy discovered it (hopefully on accident). I know I'm kind of curious, even though I don't have a Switch game handy to lick.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

What are you implementing it in?
Matlab for training and Warcraft 3 for demonstration. I think I've isolated the problem to the discretization being too rough, but there's nothing I can do about it, because Warcraft 3 can only handle arrays of size up to 8192 elements.

I guess it's time to turn to... *dramatic drumroll*... neural networks. I can already tell it's going to be !!FUN!!.
._.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Just accidentally hit 'close other tabs' instead of 'close tab'. I hate it when that happens.
My computer crashed, too. Helpful.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 06:05:51 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

I think I've got a flu. My fingers feel cold :'(
._.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

Outside of classical music, it's difficult to find sheet music for guitar online. If I play another fifteenth century lullaby or unnamed Spanish study I might explode.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

Dropbox discontinuing the public folder direct hosting broke hundreds of links to images in the community forts I ran.  I'm considering trying to write a PHP script to move the images to my web server while automatically editing my posts to repoint the images, but I don't think it's worth the trouble.

The threads are quite old and I doubt anybody but me really cares.  I can't fix anyone's posts but mine.  Some of the very early images are on Photobucket and broken in ways I can't fix automatically.  I'm not sure I can even write a script that can edit the posts since it looks like SMF's authentication system isn't simple, and I don't know how hard it will be to get the script to pull and scrape the HTML and recreate the form post.  I'm really not sure it's worth my time to bother.

Not to mention putting links to a private web server on a public forum feels like it's asking for trouble.  I'm not a security expert and I'm the one who set up the server, so it could easily lead to trouble.  The server's already scanned periodically by bots looking for vulnerable web applications, so maybe it's not a big deal, but it makes me uneasy.

More annoying than sad, I guess, but the whole thing does kind of feel like poetic punctuation to the community forts, and not in a good way.  Oh well, if the games died a slow death of apathy, that means I'm the only one disappointed if I can't fix the images.

Probably should have seen this problem coming years ago, at any rate.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 778