Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 777

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 853357 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #4485 on: September 27, 2018, 06:13:23 am »

That's not an exact characterization of the Finnish Sisu, but it does get moderately close.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: September 27, 2018, 11:09:10 am »

Just had to delete my meme generator off this derpy phone to make room to reinstall my banking app. Truly the end of an era.

Sure, it's been quite a while since I've been in any dedicated meme-sharing communities, but still.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: September 27, 2018, 11:09:56 am »

Just had to delete my meme generator off this derpy phone to make room to reinstall my banking app. Truly the end of an era.

Sure, it's been quite a while since I've been in any dedicated meme-sharing communities, but still.

Take a look at your own goddamn sig sir.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: September 27, 2018, 11:12:22 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:43:19 pm by dragdeler »
let

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: September 27, 2018, 10:30:46 pm »

Take a look at your own goddamn sig sir.

Mostly the middle quote, with maybe a little bit of the top one involved as well.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: September 27, 2018, 10:59:53 pm »

Miserable assholes that think the transitive property applies to emotions. They try to make other people miserable so their misery is closer to happy.

Yeah, it's not even the transitive property, it's a zero-sum game. Cause misery so you can gain happiness directly from it, it's more efficient.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: September 28, 2018, 05:26:21 am »

Miserable assholes that think the transitive property applies to emotions. They try to make other people miserable so their misery is closer to happy.

Yeah, it's not even the transitive property, it's a zero-sum game. Cause misery so you can gain happiness directly from it, it's more efficient.

It's too bad we can't make misery into a renewable energy source, there's plenty of it floating around.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: September 28, 2018, 05:50:35 am »

It's too bad we can't make misery into a renewable energy source, there's plenty of it floating around.

I work a lot harder when i'm miserable, unless i'm too miserable, so there's a sweet spot for energy efficiency, if not energy generation.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: September 28, 2018, 06:00:43 am »

I'd say this needs !!science!! But we ARE talking about being and making people miserable. There's been WAY TOO MUCH science on that subject.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: September 28, 2018, 10:28:54 am »

Actually, not enough. Most experiments to those ends are purely unsupervised - what we need to do is form a scientific body dedicated to sourcing/creating misery, then recording their results in a clinical fashion. What we have at the moment is a layman's experiment, as it were. We need more misery professionals.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: September 28, 2018, 11:06:11 am »

Actually, not enough. Most experiments to those ends are purely unsupervised - what we need to do is form a scientific body dedicated to sourcing/creating misery, then recording their results in a clinical fashion. What we have at the moment is a layman's experiment, as it were. We need more misery professionals.

Now presenting the latest from Mermaid Farm Laboratories (Also known for our studies in Dwarven Childcare), Why You're Miserable (We Did It For !!Science!!)
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: September 28, 2018, 11:15:02 am »

Bay12 would provide a good source for potential promoters, yes.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: September 28, 2018, 10:14:00 pm »

Unfortunately scientific ethics forbid(s?) such a thing.

I also can't imagine you would want someone scientifically unethical to also perform such a task, either.

Man I just want to get drunk and I don't know what beer I have.

I'm also sad it's late and there is much less activity on the forum when it's late.

Bloody Americans and their bloody stupid sensibility of going to bed at a reasonable hour.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: September 28, 2018, 10:18:47 pm »

I also can't imagine you would want someone scientifically unethical to also perform such a task, either.

I'm also sad it's late and there is much less activity on the forum when it's late.

Bloody Americans and their bloody stupid sensibility of going to bed at a reasonable hour.

Ey, fuck you, Yuropemate. I'm fully awake and quite capable of being an ignorant yank even at this ungodly hour. :p
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: September 28, 2018, 10:26:55 pm »

Ey, fuck you, Yuropemate. I'm fully awake and quite capable of being an ignorant yank even at this ungodly hour. :p

Entertain me then, former colonist!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 777