Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 777

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 853370 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #6570 on: November 13, 2019, 08:05:12 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:59:39 am by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: November 13, 2019, 08:17:07 am »

Meanwhile, Adidas is closing it's American and German robot factories, in favor of robot factories back in China. Think of all the American robot babies who will go hungry.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: November 13, 2019, 11:04:14 am »

Meanwhile, Adidas is closing it's American and German robot factories, in favor of robot factories back in China. Think of all the American robot babies who will go hungry.
Not the robot babies!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: November 13, 2019, 11:10:32 am »

How do you know it wasn't?
With strange aeons, even dough may become croutons.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: November 13, 2019, 01:51:57 pm »

People are stupid.

There is snow on the roads, probably because it is snowing.

This obviously means it is sensible, while driving on said snow-covered roads, to follow behind someone at a distance that under perfect conditions the person in front would be openly wondering why the fuck you’re so close to them.

This is especially sensible after you witness the person in front of you skid round a roundabout, bounce off the kerb and skid the other way (thank fuck for that kerb else I’d be in a ditch waiting for a tow truck right now. Also, I am 20mph skid-master) in part because you were following so fucking close behind them, and proceed to do so for the next half-hour, just so you could go to the fucking pharmacy.

I hope it’s terminal, cunt.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: November 13, 2019, 04:17:00 pm »

Speaking of pharmacies, my asthma's acting up this morning.
I'd planned on getting a few more hours of sleep but nope, woke up early to pee and now my stupid airways are malfunctioning. Ugh.

At least my asthma's nowhere near as bad as it was years ago. Also, the chemist a block away opens 46 minutes from now.
Still a damn nuisance. And a reminder that I need to see my GP about, you know, actual ongoing asthma treatment rather than just the occasional puff on a reliever, considering my asthma's been getting bad again over the last couple years or so. Probably due to my lack of exercise and resulting decline in cardio fitness. 😖
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: November 13, 2019, 04:46:12 pm »

Speaking of pharmacies, my asthma's acting up this morning.
I'd planned on getting a few more hours of sleep but nope, woke up early to pee and now my stupid airways are malfunctioning. Ugh.

At least my asthma's nowhere near as bad as it was years ago. Also, the chemist a block away opens 46 minutes from now.
Still a damn nuisance. And a reminder that I need to see my GP about, you know, actual ongoing asthma treatment rather than just the occasional puff on a reliever, considering my asthma's been getting bad again over the last couple years or so. Probably due to my lack of exercise and resulting decline in cardio fitness. 😖

Yeah, that's why I do just the minimum amount of exercise to keep moderately healthy. And mostly avoid sweets and over-eating, as they might require more exercise.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: November 13, 2019, 06:08:22 pm »

Well, in my experience, more exercise equals less asthma in the long term. Your mileage may vary, I guess.

In other news, I can breathe again! Ahh. I'd almost forgotten how nice this felt.
Booze is Life for Yoink

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: November 14, 2019, 01:56:02 am »

So windows 10 had an update, and as a result it restarted my computer for me. That means the new Steam UI update has finally arrived on my computer as well.

I could talk about the hideous community hub feed you see when you scroll down on the library page, but what really bothers me actually is the complete removal of the news tab. Now there is an activity tab where devs can post there own news, but third party news is essentially dead now.

I used to love reading the news articles that would sometimes pop up in that feed. They weren't usually great, but they were good for a light read (Not to mention the occasional gem). It is still technically possible to access the news by going to the store page and then accessing the tab from there, but that requires you to put in a level of effort that usually isn't worth it. Contrast this with the old system: You go to the page to launch your game, but then suddenly you catch a glance at a catchy headline and decide to read that article instead. It's literally effortless. It doesn't matter if most of the articles are duds as long as the good ones still get to be read in the end. Now none of them will ever be.

It's going to be a lot harder for me to keep up now.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: November 14, 2019, 01:05:06 pm »

So windows 10 had an update, and as a result it restarted my computer for me. That means the new Steam UI update has finally arrived on my computer as well.

I could talk about the hideous community hub feed you see when you scroll down on the library page, but what really bothers me actually is the complete removal of the news tab. Now there is an activity tab where devs can post there own news, but third party news is essentially dead now.

I used to love reading the news articles that would sometimes pop up in that feed. They weren't usually great, but they were good for a light read (Not to mention the occasional gem). It is still technically possible to access the news by going to the store page and then accessing the tab from there, but that requires you to put in a level of effort that usually isn't worth it. Contrast this with the old system: You go to the page to launch your game, but then suddenly you catch a glance at a catchy headline and decide to read that article instead. It's literally effortless. It doesn't matter if most of the articles are duds as long as the good ones still get to be read in the end. Now none of them will ever be.

It's going to be a lot harder for me to keep up now.

Most of the games I play don't update more than once per week, so that entire bar is taken up by "here's 4 updates for crap game you got in a Humble Bundle but never installed/game you didn't like and don't play anymore." You can reduce the number of posts you see for games you give zero or fewer shits about, but you have to hit it about a dozen times to get it to quit updating for that game completely. Steam is now for when I'm too happy and want to be annoyed.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6580 on: November 18, 2019, 10:12:39 pm »

I give up on tabletop games. When I try to explain a game and why I think it'd be fun, I just get this doe-eyed look like I'm showing algebra to a sea monkey. Of course, it's all over once they realize it's more complicated than Battleship or Monopoly. Games like D&D or Warhammer are just things for rich kids in big cities with lots of friends, where people actually give a shit about doing things other than going to work, coming home, getting high/drunk, and doing it again tomorrow.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6581 on: November 18, 2019, 10:25:59 pm »

I give up on tabletop games. When I try to explain a game and why I think it'd be fun, I just get this doe-eyed look like I'm showing algebra to a sea monkey. Of course, it's all over once they realize it's more complicated than Battleship or Monopoly. Games like D&D or Warhammer are just things for rich kids in big cities with lots of friends, where people actually give a shit about doing things other than going to work, coming home, getting high/drunk, and doing it again tomorrow.
Taking a wild swing at your income bracket social group, there are definitely people who don't make a lot of money who enjoy tabletop games. Just gotta find the right people.

Who may not be your immediate friend group.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: November 18, 2019, 10:27:58 pm »

People who like to get drunk never have time to do anything actually fun.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6583 on: November 18, 2019, 10:31:12 pm »

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6584 on: November 18, 2019, 10:33:36 pm »

People who like to get drunk never have time to do anything actually fun.
That post made me mildly upset today.
Jesus, dude, you need to chill out. We get it, drunkenness and/or the very concept of alcohol scares you and you hate it. Surely that doesn't comprise the entirety of your personality?

Also, my general broke-ness probably does impact my likelihood of getting back into tabletop games, but not for the reasons suggested above.
It's more because gaming stores and such tend to be far off in the city somewhere and, even when the store/event itself doesn't cost anything, I tend to like spending money when I'm out and about in the city. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 777