Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How would SCP Foundation contain Bay12?  (Read 152 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
How would SCP Foundation contain Bay12?
« on: May 12, 2024, 06:10:39 pm »

Imagine that Bay12 was some sort of otherworldly location, with us living in it. How would SCPF deal with us?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: How would SCP Foundation contain Bay12?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2024, 07:03:52 pm »

Well they can't use amnesiacs to erase the whole game and everyone from society's collective memories and make us all disappear, so theyre kinda in the realm of "keep an eye on them and try to suppress information about the weird shit theyre doing."

But wtf do we do that is anomalous? Is DF the anomaly? Like, are characters in the game fully sapient and players refuse to acknowledge it? Ive purposely killed way too many little dudes to admit im a murderer now. I'd be worse than hitler
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:01:49 am »

I feel he more means like "what if bay12 was a real place but another plane of existence", like the various planes in D&D. And if they know Bay12plane exists, that means there's probably a way to access it. So containment would probs mean preventing anything going in or coming out while remotely monitoring the parallel reality. Also possibly capturing or eliminating any entities (users) that leak out of the portal or whatever. typical SCP stuff.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:34:04 am »

I feel he more means like "what if bay12 was a real place but another plane of existence", like the various planes in D&D. And if they know Bay12plane exists, that means there's probably a way to access it. So containment would probs mean preventing anything going in or coming out while remotely monitoring the parallel reality. Also possibly capturing or eliminating any entities (users) that leak out of the portal or whatever. typical SCP stuff.

Yes, that's what I mean.

But be more creative dammit. Make up containment procedures, descriptions, addendums...
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: Today at 04:39:19 am »

So like some portion of forum users are not humans from the real world, but not AIs either? Some kind of entities that are normally only seen through their posting on the net, but are otherwise untrackable, their messages just appearing out of nowhere in the forum's database?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:42:26 am »

I have the strangest feeling that we've had this exact thread and discussion before but I can't recall when, where or why :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Today at 04:48:30 am »

So like some portion of forum users are not humans from the real world, but not AIs either? Some kind of entities that are normally only seen through their posting on the net, but are otherwise untrackable, their messages just appearing out of nowhere in the forum's database?

No, like. I am talking demiplane logic. Separate plane of existence connected to this one via this forum. We exist, but so does the dimension-us.

I have the strangest feeling that we've had this exact thread and discussion before but I can't recall when, where or why :V

That might be the amnestics wearing off. Good.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!