Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1496583 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #1620 on: May 12, 2011, 01:25:27 am »

Dear urists mc soldiers,
why don't you do as uristmcadventurer does? with his *never dodges* thing? you're clad in iron, clad in steel, you should die with honour, and never yield...so why do you DROWN in dishonor?
sincerely,
Overseerofwar.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: May 12, 2011, 04:12:44 am »

Dear Urist McInjured,

Take a break. Seriously, you're completely entitled.

I know you hear me yelling at the other soldiers for stubbing their toe and sleeping for seasons in the hospital. That is not acceptable.

What is acceptable is resting after an elk severs an arm, breaks both legs, tears off an ear, puts your eye out, and breaks your lower back. However much I appreciate your dedication, I do not need four pages of 'Urist McInjured cancels Pick Up Equipment: too injured. x8' when  other dwarves take off for weeks after squirrel bites.

For Armok's sake, take a day off.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1622 on: May 12, 2011, 07:22:20 am »

Dear Urist McInjured,

Take a break. Seriously, you're completely entitled.

I know you hear me yelling at the other soldiers for stubbing their toe and sleeping for seasons in the hospital. That is not acceptable.

What is acceptable is resting after an elk severs an arm, breaks both legs, tears off an ear, puts your eye out, and breaks your lower back. However much I appreciate your dedication, I do not need four pages of 'Urist McInjured cancels Pick Up Equipment: too injured. x8' when  other dwarves take off for weeks after squirrel bites.

For Armok's sake, take a day off.

Revenge never takes a day off!!! cough cough cough! *blood spattering*
sincerely, uristmcinjured.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: May 12, 2011, 07:34:11 am »

Dear Urist McScared:

That forgotten beast down the grate can't hurt you.
If you won't stop being scared of it, I will have your next vacation be in the caverns.

Sincerely, Overseer Noah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

evileeyore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: May 12, 2011, 09:06:51 am »

Dear Urist McIchthyophobic,

You are on a 5 tile wide bridge, the river is 2 z-levels below you, there is a graterail to keep you from falling in, and a roof to protect you from airborne predation...  THE DAMN PIKE AND GAR CANNOT GET TO YOU!

Look, just go finish hauling the supplies from the wagon's resting place before everyone starves or I'll make sure you're dropped into a deep pond filled with those wee little fishies.

Sincerely,  Overseer evileeyore

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #1625 on: May 12, 2011, 12:48:36 pm »

Dear gate guards of Roughplan (and a more apt name was never randomly generated),

I'm not sure if you don't like the uniform I devised, resent the Rapid Response squads being allowed to just sling a suit of chainmail on over their everyday wear whilst you have to wear the full getup (red coat, white shirt, blue trousers and leather high boots, with a breastplate and helmet) or are just literal-minded to a fault, but it's perfectly okay to wear your own clothes until we have enough uniforms to go around. Go and put some trousers on before you catch your deaths.

Your exasperated but highly amused Avatar of Armok

(later)

Dear off-duty gate guards of Roughplan,

Now don't take this the wrong way, because I like to consider myself a broad-minded and progressive sort of fellow. If that's the lifestyle you've chosen then more power to you.
But for Armok's sake, guys, there's no need to be so fundamentalist about it. We have snow on the ground for eleven months of the year and the brook hasn't thawed once in four years; even the most militant naturists make allowances for that kind of weather.

Your bewildered, even more exasperated and hysterically laughing Avatar of Armok.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: May 13, 2011, 02:28:54 am »

Dear Urist McMiner and others:

McMiner, You are a miner. Literally, your only reason for existence is to mine stuff. Therefore, you have no reason to follow the expedition leader around like a lost puppy for months waiting to hold a meeting with him. Thanks to you, the fortress' only chance of getting a supply of water to last through the frozen season is gone. When you die of thirst I am gonig to laugh at you.

The rest of you, fuck you all. There's no food left. I brought triple the amount just because I knew you'd all eat like pigs. How the hell did you eat it all in two seasons? I hope you all starve.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: May 13, 2011, 06:56:48 am »

Dear militia

Wear the pants I assign you to wear while I am happy you remember the part of the uniform abOve the waist you seem incredibly averse to the pants please this would not be a problem because it is still spring and the elves are not at war with us but I don't like the reports ive been hearing from the medical staff about severed penii and torn anuses when suiting up for the danger room remember your armor please!

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: May 13, 2011, 07:48:21 am »

Dear militia

Wear the pants I assign you to wear while I am happy you remember the part of the uniform abOve the waist you seem incredibly averse to the pants please this would not be a problem because it is still spring and the elves are not at war with us but I don't like the reports ive been hearing from the medical staff about severed penii and torn anuses when suiting up for the danger room remember your armor please!

Something about torn anuses because of spears in the danger room doesn't sound right...
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: May 13, 2011, 07:58:57 am »

The spinning wooden training spear hits Urist in the anus! The severed part sails off in an arc!

Dude_Jebawe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: May 13, 2011, 08:45:21 am »

Dear Urist McBucketHauler,

I realize that I designated that pond with several zones so more dwarves would dump the water there, and that this might confuse you. That does not, however, excuse taking the water from said pond and then dumping it back in. Get the water from the river, Urist, It's there for a reason.

Sincerely,

Your somewhat amused overseer.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: May 13, 2011, 09:55:05 am »

The spinning wooden training spear hits Urist in the anus! The severed part sails off in an arc!
Urist gives in to pain.

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: May 13, 2011, 12:08:05 pm »

Urist gives in to pain.
lol someone cancelled his WoW account.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: May 13, 2011, 12:23:11 pm »

Urist gives in to pain.
lol someone cancelled his WoW account.
Urist has gone insane!

Urist has been struck with melancholy.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: May 13, 2011, 12:36:24 pm »

Dear Urist McGhost.

Please stop killing people. The more you kill, the less of a chance you have of being buried.

Yours sincerly, a very tired Overseer.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 504