Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1496522 times)

Kraftwerk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #1710 on: May 26, 2011, 11:04:36 pm »

Dear Urist Dakonsibrek,

If you're going to convince your squad to massacre all of your friends in the fortress, and break every bone in a woman's body with a sandle, at least don't pretend to be "Attending a Meeting." as your current labor.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: May 26, 2011, 11:28:42 pm »

Dear Dwarves of 3 forts in a row,

Stop embarking next to the river with crocodiles.  I'm getting tired of losing 7 dwarves before I can react.

Sincerly,
The Unfortunate Embarker
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: May 27, 2011, 01:36:19 am »

Dear Urist Dakonsibrek,

If you're going to convince your squad to massacre all of your friends in the fortress, and break every bone in a woman's body with a sandle, at least don't pretend to be "Attending a Meeting." as your current labor.

That's a pretty damn hardcore meeting right there.

"I'm attending the meeting of my sandal with that woman's entire skeleton."
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: May 27, 2011, 09:38:36 pm »

Dear Urist McAxedwarf,

I was truly worried as I saw that Cyclops sitting on top of the entrance waiting in ambush. Then you showed up and I was ready for your suicide.

Ten seconds later, and you're standing there solo bashing in the one-eyed freak's head thirty times in a row with your axe.

I no longer worry about the safety of my fort.
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: May 27, 2011, 11:06:01 pm »

Dear inhabitants of Routedramparts,

The beasts from beyond time that are currently lurking in our basement should not be of any concern. However, you seem to have gotten it into your heads that a beast with a shredded torso and lower body, along with a punctured lung, and severe internal bleeding lying 70 feet below the lowest entrance is terrifying you guys into a traffic jam. 5 of you idiots died of thirst. While I would normally be more forgiving, the fact that we lost our best weaponsmith due to FUCKING CROWDING is unnaceptable. Have fun being locked in your quarters for 3 months!

Sincerely, Avatar of the Dark God
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 11:13:51 pm by Mrhappyface »
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Corwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: May 28, 2011, 05:22:36 am »

Dear Champion Obok Zuntirisan,

How long have you been practicing your kobold punting?  I didn't see the combat report, I did see a brief flash of you and the kobold thief, and then a corpse being punted off the mountain 57 tiles diagonally where it hit the border to the unknown lands to the south.

You and your squad will have permission to sleep in your new quarters with some of that legendary glassmaker's furniture to style it. 

~ Amused, but now really worried about tantrums, Giant X of Doom & Merriment.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1716 on: May 28, 2011, 07:46:03 am »

dear urist mccook.
you have rock pots.
you have wooden barrels.
you have bins.
so why, why MUST YOU PUT THE FOOD IN AN OPEN TILE WHYYYYY.
sincerely, your soon with one dwarf less overlord.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: May 29, 2011, 05:42:49 am »

Dear Urist Mc liaison,

I know that mason is also the expedition leader, and I know you need to talk to him. But watch what else you're doing.

Really, did you not notice the heat on the other side of that wall? The one he was deconstructing?

Yeah, he got away from it just fine, but I can't imagine your negotiations will go quite as easily now that your lower lip is melted.

Listening for his amusement,
the overseer.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Noir

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Evil Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: May 29, 2011, 07:37:30 am »

Dear Assorted Badgers,

The carp in the river can not get to you. Please stop giving me combat alerts.

Sincerely,

The Overseer

I lol'ed!!
Naked dwarves remove the need to produce more clothing, which means more of your pig tails can be brewed into booze.
I think this is less a problem and more an expression of dwarven priorities.

Manae

• Bay Watcher
  • Smile
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: May 29, 2011, 09:48:55 am »

dear urist mccook.
you have rock pots.
you have wooden barrels.
you have bins.
so why, why MUST YOU PUT THE FOOD IN AN OPEN TILE WHYYYYY.
sincerely, your soon with one dwarf less overlord.

Dear Overseer Shadenight:
We understand your discomfort, sir, we really do. It might not look very good to have the food sitting out in the open in the stockpiles. But, we can't manage to squeeze more than 10 meals in a barrel. We figured it'd save space in the long run to just let the stacks of Kitten Tallow Roast x 40 sit out. The kittens that are still alive should protect most of it from any vermin.

Sincerely,
The Food Haulers Union

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: May 29, 2011, 09:51:17 am »

Dear Hunters,

What the hell?!
How are you scared by capybara men?!
You took out giant capybaras.
How are you afraid of an unconscious anthropomorphic capybara?!
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Sidhien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: May 29, 2011, 02:06:56 pm »

Dear Urist McNoviceMiner,

I would very much like to know how you managed to generate a stone for practically every tile of our new dining room except for the 8 tiles of hematite our furnace operator had been waiting for.

With anticipation,
Overseer Sid

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: May 29, 2011, 02:27:25 pm »

Dear Urist McNoviceMiner,

I would very much like to know how you managed to generate a stone for practically every tile of our new dining room except for the 8 tiles of hematite our furnace operator had been waiting for.

With anticipation,
Overseer Sid
Dear Overseer Sid,

Urist McNoviceDoctor said I needed more iron in my diet. My beard was getting too brittle.

Your obedient servant,
Urist McNoviceMiner
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:30:19 pm by Sarda »
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: May 29, 2011, 05:44:52 pm »

Dear Urist McCrossbowSquad,

I realize that having an entire outfit that you have to put on is hard, and that carrying some ammo on top of that is even harder, but really, you've been told to have your outfit replace your normal clothes so you're always good to go. So why in Armok's fury are you still picking up equipment and providing no support to our front lines against that centaur siege 8 years into the fort?

Contemplating a magma chamber for your uselessness.

Dear Urist McIgnoringBurrows,

I realize you have mechanic enabled. I also realize there is a cage trap that needs changed. However, that trap is and has been outside of every burrow you're allowed to enter during a siege. So what possessed you to run out into a full siege of centaurs and get brutally murdered when you are one of the few legendary engravers of the fort?

You deserved your death, you tool.

Dear Urist McAwesomelyTrainedSteelDwarf,

Hi there. It's me, you know, that guy who helped you become legendary in so many military skills. I was wondering why after mastering hammers, throwing, armor, dodge, shield, and concentration; being nearly a master of fighting, and having various training in support skills such as swimming, biting, kicking, and striking, that you still can't seem to smash someone's skull open when they're lying unconscious at your feet. If you would just aim at their head, I'm fairly certain the other 4 people attacking you would have been just as easily dispatched, and you you wouldn't have had those two lucky hits that took off your left hand and your right arm. Seriously, crack some skulls instead of trying to smash off hooves, you moron.

Sincerely,
 Frustrated overseer.

PS- When I toss all of you morons to the clowns, remember you brought it upon yourselves.
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: May 29, 2011, 09:00:32 pm »

Dear Urist

What's more important - the life of your sadly dead (and buried) friend, or... everyone else in teh fort who is STILL ALIVE. You think destroying a still, a depot, and killing a cat is going to get you places?

And this is why kings around the world keep dwarves in solitary confinement from birth.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 504