Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1496507 times)

sasf54

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #3000 on: February 28, 2012, 06:07:19 am »

Try diggin one line at a time. This will skip the warnings.
The warnings are generated, when the second tile is hot.

dear mining squad,

I realise that lava is dangerous, I know a sign of lava is warm rock, but I also happen to have some rather accurate knowledge about the exact location of aforementioned lava: BELOW the area you are digging out, not next to it. stop shouting about warm rock, and DO YOUR JOBS!!!

signed,

your somewhat displeased ruler.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: February 28, 2012, 11:38:29 am »

Not to Urists,
DO NOT GO INTO THE RIVER!
There is nothing in that entire area of the fort, it's a dead corner.
I've covered it with bridges and floors to prevent accidental falls.
Yet, at the bottom of a single waterfall there is still an estimated 9 dead dwarves.

This is not the Niagra. The waterfall is exactly 1 tile deep, and lake is surrounded by ramps. There is no honor here. There is just stupidity, as dwarf after dwarf drowns to death. I don't know how you guy are getting in there, but stop.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: February 28, 2012, 12:18:26 pm »

Urist, i know you've been doing this stupidly for as long as Dwarf Fortress existed, but please, oh please, when i decide to close completely a room, ordering you to build a wall, stop putting the last piece of wall while you're inside that room.
That's extremely annoying, so just stop.

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: February 28, 2012, 12:46:58 pm »

Urist, i know you've been doing this stupidly for as long as Dwarf Fortress existed, but please, oh please, when i decide to close completely a room, ordering you to build a wall, stop putting the last piece of wall while you're inside that room.
Same thing happened, but it was a miner digging a moat. He was grabbed by a giant carp.

-Firestar-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: February 28, 2012, 01:03:22 pm »

Or build the entire wall in no order whatsoever (just like your digging) and SOMEHOW box yourself out of doing the corners every single time without fail. Stop working so hard to not work. You are DWARVES!

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: February 28, 2012, 05:55:33 pm »

Dear cat of Healeddike,

Stop dancing around these pastured dogs in fort entrance. It is going decidedly for too long. You are not even pastured! Kill this rat infestation, NOW.

Yours, Armok.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: February 28, 2012, 06:01:27 pm »

Dear cat of Healeddike,

Stop dancing around these pastured dogs in fort entrance. It is going decidedly for too long. You are not even pastured! Kill this rat infestation, NOW.

Yours, Armok.

"Mew. MEW mreow mew mew meeeew. Mrow Mrew Mrrrowl. Rrrrrrrrr."

(translated)

Dear slave, cats obey no master we do as we want. We want a scratch behind the ears now. Make it so.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: February 28, 2012, 10:15:26 pm »

Dear cat of Healeddike,

Yours, Armok.

(translated)

Dear slave, cats obey no master we do as we want. We want a scratch behind the ears now. Make it so.

*picks up overly arrogant cat and punts it into the nearest magma pit*
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

KelisMetal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: February 28, 2012, 10:35:29 pm »

YOU STUPID BITCH, YOU WATCHED YOUR CHILD DIE OF THIRST!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: February 28, 2012, 10:39:32 pm »

Dear cat of Healeddike,

Yours, Armok.

(translated)

Goes to my desk (bookkeeper/manager). Opens records file of cat. Checks box marked "Ready for slaughter: Y"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: February 28, 2012, 10:43:31 pm »

Your dwarfs then are siege apron, by cute cuddly kittens of doom

I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: February 28, 2012, 10:49:24 pm »

Your dwarfs then are siege apron, by cute cuddly kittens of doom

And so begins the most epic battle of all time, ever.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: February 28, 2012, 10:52:57 pm »

Large, serrated adamantine disc x 500 in 250 weapon traps in a long hallway.  Mostly masterwork.

No more cat invasion.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: February 28, 2012, 11:29:17 pm »

Urist McFistFighter,

Why do you insist on going into battle bare handed when we have two perfectly useable copper battle axes for you to choose from?
In the future, please employ these modern works of technology. Even if the targets are annoying fauna, they can still kick, bite, and scratch you to death.

Sincerely yours,

magical floating x in the sky.
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.

DungeonJerk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: February 29, 2012, 12:04:41 am »

Dear Urist's of PantsPalace

It is with heavy regret...oh who am I kidding?, I'm done, you stupid apes cost yourself your lives. You just HAD to stomp on my mercy and run outside into the thrall infested glacier for some idiot thing I told you ALL to leave the hell alone when I let those damn Migrants in. Now all of you except a few are part of the zombie horde that have amassed outside.

Well, no more!. I hereby quit. I'm taking all the booze using the emergency "oh shit" lever, opening ALL the doors, and letting the zombies have a snack of you while I escape out my overseer escape tunnel. So long, its been miserable. I think I'll set up in a nice peaceful place next time without you schmucks.

Signed: Former Overseer DungeonDwarf of PantsPalace

PS: To the Zombies, please chew your food thoroughly.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 504