Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1496500 times)

Tenth Speed Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #3630 on: May 26, 2012, 01:31:25 am »

Dear !!Urist McUndertaker!!

While I commend your high respect for the fort's fallen heroes in the battle against the fire-bound hill giant,

and while I applaud your dedication to your duties,

I wish to kindly remind you:

FIRE SPREADS.

Sincerely, 126 other very crispy dwarves.
Quote from: Pickled Tink
I don't believe in a standing army. I believe in cruel and unusual architecture.

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: May 26, 2012, 12:05:55 pm »

Dear Urist McBerserker.

In hindsight, giving you 10 war dogs was a terrible move, and I should of seen it coming when you were miserable over several dying. Where I really went wrong was assigning those dogs to be slaughtered, hoping you wouldn't notice. Please stop breaking bones with your wooden training axe and full iron armor, I have no other trained dwarf and your skill with a wooden axe is honestly scaring me.

Yours tensely,

One very amused overseer

Edit: there is an entire page of teeth knocked out from the axe dwarf himself, and some poor bastard who seems to have goten into a fight with him. Nothing else, just a huge list of missing teeth from the poor dwarf, with a much smaller list from the berserk one.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:08:27 pm by Morpha »
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: May 26, 2012, 12:10:03 pm »

Dear Urist McRambo
     We had assumed all was lost when the goblin swordmaster slew our brave militia commander. Little did we know that the swordmaster's callous slaying of a little duckling would send you, a humble pot ash maker, into a rage so legendary we shudder at the very memory of it. You proceeded to slay the swordmaster and his entourage, not with a mighty weapon of steel but with a piece of wood. Even when the vile goblins stabbed you in the heart you continued to slay them until finally with your dying breath you crushed the swordmaster's skull. We interred you in our finest tomb along with your precious duckling and noble oak log. As our final gift we bestow upon you the title of Kinron "Oakenrage".

With tears in my eyes and pride in my chest, your's eternally, The Overseer

eh, just one question.... in which way was this frustrating? seems more fitting for a "tell your heroic tale"
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: May 26, 2012, 12:36:16 pm »

Dear Adventurers,

I don't know how you changed your routine, mental processes, outlook on life, etc., but don't stop! Suddenly I'm having very good luck with you guys not dying to the most frustrating reasons. Don't go back to being offed by boogeymen, wildlife, or water please!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: May 26, 2012, 01:25:45 pm »

Dear Adventurers,

I don't know how you changed your routine, mental processes, outlook on life, etc., but don't stop! Suddenly I'm having very good luck with you guys not dying to the most frustrating reasons. Don't go back to being offed by boogeymen, wildlife, or water please!

since bogeymen only appear while sleeping outdoors when alone, how do you manage to get a companion killed by them?
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Sarkovar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: May 26, 2012, 01:40:11 pm »

Dear Urist McRambo
     We had assumed all was lost when the goblin swordmaster slew our brave militia commander. Little did we know that the swordmaster's callous slaying of a little duckling would send you, a humble pot ash maker, into a rage so legendary we shudder at the very memory of it. You proceeded to slay the swordmaster and his entourage, not with a mighty weapon of steel but with a piece of wood. Even when the vile goblins stabbed you in the heart you continued to slay them until finally with your dying breath you crushed the swordmaster's skull. We interred you in our finest tomb along with your precious duckling and noble oak log. As our final gift we bestow upon you the title of Kinron "Oakenrage".

eh, just one question.... in which way was this frustrating? seems more fitting for a "tell your heroic tale"

My militia commander who was fully decked out in steel and training for this very moment was killed in an instant, he didn't even bruise the swordmaster, but a pot ash maker single handedly killed 5 gobbos with an oak log.
Me: FLAMING BABY FLAIL'S COMIN' AT YA DEMONS.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: May 26, 2012, 01:43:15 pm »

Dear Urist McRambo

...That's got to be the best use of a log I've seen in a long time.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: May 26, 2012, 02:51:04 pm »

I would call it the "Captain's Log".
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: May 26, 2012, 03:36:59 pm »

HEY! Markdwarf Recruit!
I saw that. No cheating....

(standing adjacent to the archery target instead of standing behind the line.)

oh wait. I see there was a tree in the line of fire so you stood in front of it. Ok, I'll have that chopped down for you.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 03:39:49 pm by GoldenShadow »

Bartinyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: May 26, 2012, 04:47:37 pm »

Dear Dog Meat Crop,

I was quite amazed at your prowess and killing 3 langur men, I was amused when you chased after the ostriches, I was not amused when 3 out of the 4 of you chased after a pack of rhinos leading to multiple injuries to dwarves and 2 of your own deaths.  Please be good little dogs and produce children before you next fit of valor.

Love n Respect,

Your Humble Breeder Overseer

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: May 26, 2012, 07:35:02 pm »

Dear Unib Agiden,

you're part of our 10 man lasher squad. I let you guys fight 20 stripped goblins, 2 of them elite. Ofcourse you won, I was never in doubt, and noone of you was hurt. However, I would like to ask why, in two and a half pages of your combat log, you never used your whip? Your shield bashes were awesome and when you bit off that hand, priceless. Still, learn to use that whip.

Sincerely,
your personal training coach

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: May 26, 2012, 08:09:31 pm »

Dear Urist McRambo

This is fucking awesome.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: May 26, 2012, 08:58:28 pm »

dear urist mc-urists

please stop standing around in my jail, its not a meeting area for fucks sake,its where we put vampires and murders to slowly bleed or be bitten to death, oh and please, stay by the statue garden, IT HAS THREE FUCKING ADAMANTINE STATUES are you not satisfied? would you like me to invent adamantine toilet paper so i can wipe your royal ass your highness? would you like my to whip my self while i'm at that? and would you like a order of plump roast with those?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: May 26, 2012, 09:15:50 pm »

To Overlord Meta.

Well you see staring at them all the time gets boring you know?  And this rope here is oh so fine quality.  As for your other suggestions the adamantine toilet paper was already invented I'm afraid.  Although extremely effective the pain and mutilation inflicted on the first test subject caused all the investors to stop their funding.

As for the whipping, you do not need to do that, as you are more useful with all your digits attached.  A caning will do.  And yes I would like a plump helmet roast thank you.

urist mc-urist.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: May 26, 2012, 09:49:21 pm »

ok into the pit you go
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 504