Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1496522 times)

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #3645 on: May 26, 2012, 10:46:23 pm »

As for your other suggestions the adamantine toilet paper was already invented I'm afraid.  Although extremely effective the pain and mutilation inflicted on the first test subject caused all the investors to stop their funding.

The Cheese Maker loses hold of the +adamantine bathroom tissue+.
The flying +adamantine bathroom tissue+ strikes The Cheese Maker in the lower body from behind and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Urist McButterfingers, Cheese Maker has been struck down.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: May 27, 2012, 12:12:03 am »

here i built you a zoo so you can look at the pretty peregrine falcon people, maybe i can seal most of you in when i unlock the cages with quantum mechanics

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: May 27, 2012, 02:56:10 pm »

dear expedition leader, WHY HAVE YOU NEGLECTED YOUR DUTIES AS CHIEF MEDICAL DWARF? WE HAVE THREE FUCKING DOCTORS AND NONE OF THEM HAVE CHECKED UP ON THAT POOR MINER, who by the way, LOST HIS FUCKING ARM, i am SURE i have made a couple of crutches so PLEASE for the love of god check up on him!

sincerely your very angry force

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: May 27, 2012, 03:36:29 pm »

great, my miner just made a flood gate out of shale, decorating it with cushion cut cabadones made out of shale and gypsum, along with horse bones decorating it and then there are the rings of giant toad bone hanging from it, good job, you get a one way ticket to Death resort!

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: May 27, 2012, 03:38:03 pm »

dear migrants, finally i can select the new mayor

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: May 27, 2012, 03:49:05 pm »

Dear human soldiers of Shockedtowns

The 1st company squad is already at axelord status, hurry the hell up or no armor for the rest of you!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: May 27, 2012, 04:07:50 pm »

great, my miner just made a flood gate out of shale, decorating it with cushion cut cabadones made out of shale and gypsum, along with horse bones decorating it and then there are the rings of giant toad bone hanging from it, good job, you get a one way ticket to Death resort!

Dear Overseer Meta, don't you see how useful it is? Put it in a noble's room or something. He'll be ecstatic until you flood it.
Sincerely,
Urist Mc(NowLegendary)Miner.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Meta The Golem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: May 27, 2012, 04:33:45 pm »

dear "legendary" miner, please step in to this luxurious room made entirely out of copper
yes but i just had a better i idea, i'm gonna build a room for the exact purpose of making fall into the underground lake to drown you

oh Armonk the traders just came over, listen get in there and don't touch ANYTHING until you hear the click
and please don't go into another mood

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: May 27, 2012, 04:45:51 pm »

Dear Wrestlers of Shockedtowns,

Please refrain from killing eachother. I know you don't have helmets but that's no excuse to throw a squadmate into the wall headfirst to his death. His little brother was quite upset by this development. Not only that, but you idiots have managed to break not only your sergeant's ribs last year, but you shattered his hand this year! None of you guys had grudges, so why the hell do you keep insiting on breaking his bones? Jesus. If you idiots quit it I'll get some leather armor made to coushin your throws, but that's it until you become elite limb-snapping practitioners.

oven_baked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: May 27, 2012, 05:55:39 pm »

Dear Miners:
I know the old terrible dining room with two seats is OK, But it might be sensible to start digging out the new massive legendary hall which can fit the entire fort 4x over?

Dear Haulers:
I agree hauling stone to build walls isn't fun; but neither is having your arms ripped off by goblins!

Dear masons:
While the Haulers may be slaking off that doesn't give you the excuse to go on break permanently. May I remind you; We have a pit fall of goblins and they are quiet hungry!  :P
We just need to get Toady to embed a Lisp interpreter into DF.  Learning lambda calculus in order to play the game wouldn't make DF's learning curve much steeper.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: May 27, 2012, 08:15:54 pm »

Dear Miners:
I know the old terrible dining room with two seats is OK, But it might be sensible to start digging out the new massive legendary hall which can fit the entire fort 4x over?

Dear Haulers:
I agree hauling stone to build walls isn't fun; but neither is having your arms ripped off by goblins!

Dear masons:
While the Haulers may be slaking off that doesn't give you the excuse to go on break permanently. May I remind you; We have a pit fall of goblins and they are quiet hungry!  :P

Now we know you are bluffing.  Goblins have [NO_EAT]

Urist McMason.

petebull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: May 28, 2012, 03:14:41 am »

Dear Miners:

Use burrows, but watch them, while they could sleep on the floor, they should drink and eat when they need to

Dear Haulers:

Use blocks. Or minecarts. Or both

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: May 28, 2012, 05:12:54 am »

dear "legendary" miner, please step in to this luxurious room made entirely out of copper
yes but i just had a better i idea, i'm gonna build a room for the exact purpose of making fall into the underground lake to drown you

oh Armonk the traders just came over, listen get in there and don't touch ANYTHING until you hear the click
and please don't go into another mood

to: Meta

please investigate included documents. These being:
The usefullness and use of artifact buildings in military defence; attracting building destroyers.
('for dummies' edition)

and:
Thank Armok you made a usefull artifact and not a ring, amulet, scepter, earring, crown, toy, perfect gem or instrument.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: May 28, 2012, 05:42:44 am »

to: Meta

please investigate included documents. These being:
The usefullness and use of artifact buildings in military defence; attracting building destroyers.
('for dummies' edition)

and:
Thank Armok you made a usefull artifact and not a ring, amulet, scepter, earring, crown, toy, perfect gem or instrument.
This.
Also, an artifact floodgate is an easy way to make a safe water pipe into your reservoir.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

oven_baked

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: May 28, 2012, 06:07:05 am »

Use blocks. Or minecarts. Or both
It is stone blocks and minecarts. It's just nobody wants to load the damn things and push them!
And goblin pits while they don't eat them they do a good job of killing them.
We just need to get Toady to embed a Lisp interpreter into DF.  Learning lambda calculus in order to play the game wouldn't make DF's learning curve much steeper.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 504