Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1496495 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #3930 on: June 27, 2012, 01:00:13 am »

How does he lift that hammer?

Must be so stealthy that he smuggled in an entire pack animal to carry it then smuggled them all out together, that's how!

Or Armok decided to be a troll and gave that kobold superkobold strengh.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: June 27, 2012, 01:03:43 am »

Must be so stealthy that he smuggled in an entire pack animal to carry it then smuggled them all out together, that's how!

I know of only one kobold with that power... but probably not. More likely this kobold just dragged it slowly off while disguising it as a bush.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: June 27, 2012, 01:04:36 am »

I know of only one kobold with that power... but probably not. More likely this kobold just dragged it slowly off while disguising it as a bush.

Or....

We must make a thread, for this event.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: June 27, 2012, 01:09:52 am »

Or maybe this whole thread can become derailed into an epic RP.

Nah

Dear Giant Mantis

WTF I didn't know they had you in this game? F*ck humans I wanna play as you! Go ahead, eat my terminally stupid woodcutter. I need to go change your raws right now!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Flying Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: June 27, 2012, 08:29:21 am »

Dear UristMcMayor

I don't care about, nor can I accomplish, your multiple large gem mandates when I don't even have a gem cutter yet.  In fact I also don't care that you've been unhappy lately, I have better things to worry about then your happiness.  This large above ground fort won't designate and micro-manage itself you know.  So I kindly ask that you report to the 'Get out of my face' room as soon as the miners are done digging it out.

Signed,
Your noble hating overseer.
Has entire family killed and all friends butchered and raped.
---
It's cool, he saw an awesome sock AND a waterfall, so it's all good now.
it's ‼Super Happy Tantrum Time‼

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: June 27, 2012, 08:30:41 am »

Dear Urist McMason,

There is a stone stockpile right freaking next to you. Don't go downstairs for stone.

Sincerely, overseer
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Wyrmnax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: June 27, 2012, 01:50:03 pm »

Dear Urist McExMother.

Taking joy in slaugher when the only thing you ever killed was your own berzerking child is straining. Go get some beer.

The Overseer.

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: June 27, 2012, 02:27:52 pm »

I gave birth, so I'm happy.  But my baby died, so I'm sad.  But I got to kill it, so I'm happy.

I love dwarves.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: June 27, 2012, 02:48:59 pm »

Dear dorfs of The Maze of Glory,

There is a dragon outside. I want all the gates shut and everyone to report to the bunkers. After everyone has made it inside and it's locked out, I want cage traps prepared to capture it.

Don't fudge this up, or it'll roast you all, and I will help it.

Sincerely, Overseer of horrible death maze The Maze of Glory.

P.S. Nevermind, the human caravan fucked it up FOR you. You're excused, this time.

Dear Human Caravan Guards.

Why can't you just burn to death!? I wanted that dragon alive!

Sincerely, the overseer of the fortress that is about to sic the militia on you.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 03:01:07 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: June 27, 2012, 04:36:38 pm »

Dear haulers of Axegrotto:

In the future please refrain from displacing the nesting exotic animals while they are on their nest boxes.  The hatchery layout was recently altered to allow for a two urist gap between each box and yet you morons chose the direct route.  If my cave dragons don't hatch two of you are going over the falls.

Dear Onget Laboredivory, animal trainer:

I was hoping that you would be slightly more intelligent than the haulers, but walking along the entire row of occupied nest boxes.  If nothing hatches by next year you and two lucky haulers will enjoy an all expense paid trip to the bottom of Urist falls.

Dear children of Axegrotto:

Please keep in mind that in addition to the natural waterfall in their bedrooms, your parents also enjoy a mist generator and masterwork gold furniture in the dining room.  I could probably throw half of you over the falls and everyone else would still be ecstatic. YOU ARE EXPENDABLE.

Dear mayor Aban Bridgehame The Diamond Lure of Attics:

Besides your slight quern fetish you are a remarkably competent leader.  Please note that you have been appointed to the position of Mayor for Life and we will be making this official the next time those pansies from the mountainhomes decide to visit.

With annoyance, Me.

P.S. I am loving this waterfall, it's a natural execution tower with a drowning pit.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: June 27, 2012, 05:12:50 pm »

Dear dorfs of The Maze of Glory,

There is a dragon outside. I want all the gates shut and everyone to report to the bunkers. After everyone has made it inside and it's locked out, I want cage traps prepared to capture it.

Don't fudge this up, or it'll roast you all, and I will help it.

Sincerely, Overseer of horrible death maze The Maze of Glory.

P.S. Nevermind, the human caravan fucked it up FOR you. You're excused, this time.

Dear Human Caravan Guards.

Why can't you just burn to death!? I wanted that dragon alive!

Sincerely, the overseer of the fortress that is about to sic the militia on you.

You prevented the dwarfs from screwing something up.... You basically SCREAMED to Armok to send something that will take this part out of the hands of your minions dwarfs. enjoy the human slaughter :)

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: June 27, 2012, 05:18:05 pm »

Dear haulers of Axegrotto:

In the future please refrain from displacing the nesting exotic animals while they are on their nest boxes.  The hatchery layout was recently altered to allow for a two urist gap between each box and yet you morons chose the direct route.
Dear Overseer,

We didn't see your designation to avoid those nest boxes.  Why don't  you designate them as restricted so we can avoid them when trying to walk through that area.

Thank You,
Haulers Guild of Axegrotto

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: June 28, 2012, 08:09:24 am »

Catching up on the stupidity, I noticed this:
Dear Urist McMilitarySquad4
Please learn from the deaths of Urist McMilitarySquad3, and equip your armor at all times as ordered.  Also, learn from the bold actions of Urist McLegendaryMinerSquad and put the pointy bits toward the enemy.  Report to Goblin Fun Chamber #9 for training.
...Who has NINE goblin fun chambers?

More recently:

Erm, slade hammers probably weigh more than the pack animal. Unless he smuggled in a dragon or sea serpent or something.
I gave birth, so I'm happy.  But my baby died, so I'm sad.  But I got to kill it, so I'm happy.

I love dwarves.
Well, this might not be THAT unrealistic, depending on how much the baby was crying... ;D
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: June 28, 2012, 10:21:23 am »

I love dwarves.
Well, this might not be THAT unrealistic, depending on how much the baby was crying... ;D
Having a 6yo son, I can confirm that its a miracle any child reaches puberty, let alone adulthood.  I wonder how I wasn't gleefully murdered considering I remember what I was like as a child (as bad as my son). :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: June 28, 2012, 01:04:11 pm »

I love dwarves.
Having a 6yo son, I can confirm that its a miracle any child reaches puberty, let alone adulthood.  I wonder how I wasn't gleefully murdered considering I remember what I was like as a child (as bad as my son). :D

I love DF people

also, for everyone who keeps on crying about too many migrants:
Learn how the fucking pop_cap works in d_init and stop hurting my good mood. Yes, this is me in a good mood, you want me in a bad mood?

To the person a lot earlier complaining about child cap: It stops new pregnancies, not existing ones, nor migrating kids, so you were just too late setting it. Try setting it right at the embark and watch it work. Keep in mind that migrant children don't count towards the cap untill they arrive and some dwarfs might already be pregnant, etc etc... so YES, unless you set it at day 1 and set it all at 1, it's going to take time before you notice the results.

you know what, raging is fin, I should do it more often
 :D :D

Oh right, I just bought some weird warhammer off of a kobold for 2 urists, anyone willing to buy it?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:06:13 pm by Garath »
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 504