Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1496499 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #4230 on: September 01, 2012, 06:37:52 pm »

Dear Magma Sea,

Please stop hiding from me.  I'm twenty levels down and still haven't found you.  I neeeeeeed you for my awesome metal and glass industry!  also, to roast goblins.  Come onnnnnnnn...

the sad overseer of Firegears
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: September 01, 2012, 09:09:23 pm »

Akura: Beekeepers will sometimes go stand where a hive used to be, even if someone else already grabbed it. Don't have more than one beekeeper. In fact, avoid beekeeping--it's more work than it's worth, what with needing to make hives, screw presses and jugs (which have no, minimal, and no use outside of beekeeping) and only getting a little alcohol, a tiny bit of cooking material, and some tiny bit more crafting material out of it, as well as needing two completely and one mostly specialized professions to do it, one of which (a completely) the skill level actually matters for.
Also, banning something you wouldn't do just prevents her from making another mandate. Treasure it.

Nyxalinth: Dude, the first cavern layer isn't always within 20 levels. Try looking, oh, 100 down and then complain.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: September 01, 2012, 11:39:27 pm »

Dear entire military of Cryptclear:

Why in the holy mother of fuck will none of you put on your shoes?  There's forty perfectly good masterwork steel high boots sitting there in the armor stockpile, waiting for you.  It's in your uniform.  None of it's forbidden.  You've managed all the other shiny bits of your uniform.  So why the fuck are all of you so opposed to the boots?  Is there some sort of hippie freedom no-shoes commune going on here that I'm not aware of?

Please put on your boots before those forgotten beasties in the caverns make you wish you had them when they ROT YOUR FEET OFF.

Sincerely,
Overseer of Cryptclear

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: September 01, 2012, 11:46:26 pm »

Dear humans of The Ivory Confederacy,

Those offices are for the sheriff and foreman, not for the average jerkoff to eat in. We have a nice communal inn and dining hall that the woodworkers too the time to build, so eat in there. I had to lock those residences to keep you little morons out there.

And hi, our nation is hemmorraging people right now so get in there, make friends, get hooked up with said friends, AND MAKE WITH THE BABIES. Bushik is starting a party by the well, so he's got the right idea! And he already has a fiance!

Wow. that's a phrase I NEVER thought I'd read come from my keyboard.

Signed,
The Overseer.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: September 01, 2012, 11:49:46 pm »

Dear entire military of Cryptclear:

Why in the holy mother of fuck will none of you put on your shoes?  There's forty perfectly good masterwork steel high boots sitting there in the armor stockpile, waiting for you.  It's in your uniform.  None of it's forbidden.  You've managed all the other shiny bits of your uniform.  So why the fuck are all of you so opposed to the boots?  Is there some sort of hippie freedom no-shoes commune going on here that I'm not aware of?

Please put on your boots before those forgotten beasties in the caverns make you wish you had them when they ROT YOUR FEET OFF.

Sincerely,
Overseer of Cryptclear

They could be forbidden, press z -> stocks and check.

Dear Urist McWrestlers,

Why do you only pick up armor and weapons when no one is attacking? I assign you to a squad in an emergency and tell you to put on steel mail and take a weapon, but you decide to wrestle the goblins to death.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: September 01, 2012, 11:53:57 pm »

Nope.  Not forbidden or marked for dumping, fresh off the forge and straight into the stockpile.  All of the military even have the little green checkmarks in their equipment screen saying "I HAS BOOTS!", and like I said, they've put on the entirety of the rest of their uniform.  It's just the boots they refuse to put on.  It's been like a year now since I made the first pairs.  I don't get it.

Edit:
Also, idle dwarves, I know I haven't streamlined the newcomers into labor yet, and since Cryptclear is frozen over all year, I know it's not the most exciting place and so you may be bored.  But please, stop going outside and playing chicken with the zombies.  You may outrun them, but one trip-up is all it takes.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 12:00:10 am by Clover Magic »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: September 02, 2012, 12:06:14 am »

Nope.  Not forbidden or marked for dumping, fresh off the forge and straight into the stockpile.  All of the military even have the little green checkmarks in their equipment screen saying "I HAS BOOTS!", and like I said, they've put on the entirety of the rest of their uniform.  It's just the boots they refuse to put on.  It's been like a year now since I made the first pairs.  I don't get it.

Edit:
Also, idle dwarves, I know I haven't streamlined the newcomers into labor yet, and since Cryptclear is frozen over all year, I know it's not the most exciting place and so you may be bored.  But please, stop going outside and playing chicken with the zombies.  You may outrun them, but one trip-up is all it takes.

Is it set to replace, or over clothes? thier shoes may be the problem there. But then I'm going to assuming the uniforms are indeed set to replace thier civvie attire, and that they may have messed up while putting something else on.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: September 02, 2012, 12:18:03 am »

Is it set to replace, or over clothes? thier shoes may be the problem there. But then I'm going to assuming the uniforms are indeed set to replace thier civvie attire, and that they may have messed up while putting something else on.

Yep.  Whatever, I give up.  :P  They can all get foot-rot for all I care, it's funny but frustrating.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: September 02, 2012, 12:21:26 am »

You could try manually assiging them, though that may be tedious. And do they have socks as part of thier uniform? They be refusing to put the boots on because they don't have any unclaimed socks for thier uniforms, though I may be horribly wrong.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: September 02, 2012, 12:33:34 am »

You could try manually assiging them, though that may be tedious. And do they have socks as part of thier uniform? They be refusing to put the boots on because they don't have any unclaimed socks for thier uniforms, though I may be horribly wrong.

Nope, no socks, here is my uniform: steel breastplate, mail shirt, helm, gauntlets, greaves, shield, high boots, and steel/silver weapon depending on squad, plus a leather cloak.  Everything is set to replace.

Oh wait, there we go, someone just stuck some boots on.  So apparently they're just lazy fuckers.  Gotta love dwarves.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: September 02, 2012, 12:35:27 am »

Face meet desk, desk meet face. Dwarves caused this meeting.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: September 02, 2012, 12:45:22 am »

Success!  About damn time.

And to re-rail the thread, one last thing, dear elves:

What the fuck am I supposed to do with a pair of giant lice?

-Cryptclear Overseer

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: September 02, 2012, 01:01:57 am »

Clearly you have not heard of the magic of the mad butcher. :P

That's all giant insects are good for anyway...

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: September 02, 2012, 02:12:45 am »

Dear Urist Mcthrall: Mind Flayers possess incredible mental faculties, as well as powerful psionic abilities. You do not. Your stupidity has caused you to be filled with high velocity lead projectiles, as well as your new master.

Sincerely, Your former overseer.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: September 02, 2012, 05:47:55 am »

Dear Dwarves of Whipbulwarks,

STOP!
HAVING!
BABIES!

Had I known so many of the female dwarves were so fertile I wouldn't have put in a statue garden and giant meeting hall for you all to mingle in and with.  I had 190 dwarves in Spring.  It's now Summer and I have 225.  The only increase has been babies.  If you don't stop acting like mobile, hairy, alcoholic clown cars soon I will need to cause some unfortunate "accidents" and none of us want that.

-The Angry Babysitter
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 504