Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1496584 times)

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #4590 on: December 01, 2012, 03:01:18 am »

Not so much pain, just more bruises. Unless you want to use spears of butter.

He died after one poked him in the face and bruised the brain,Id say thats pretty good.The guy who he had a grudge on kept pressing the lever more rapidly that Id want so he got injured quick and the Chief medical dwarf had to do some pretty good surgery.

Thats not a retirement room. That is a standard military/child training room.

Retirement rooms feature a small room with two pumps.

Who puts a child in a room with golden spear traps?That is not cool.
I prefer a mother baby water drop pit that leads to a openable trap door that falls 2 z levels to a pit of meat eating snakes (untamed) that have been modded to attack ANYTHING but the head,body,lower body.

You might be wondering:oh,well,where are all those snakes from and how did they fit?
We made them harmless as in they cant even attack other things,caged them and dropped them in and made them the fortresses feeding pit as they paralyze the target and then suck their blood out.

Snake_Eyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: December 01, 2012, 03:58:20 am »

Dear DF Usrist,

When wild animals attack you and you have an axe or pick, feel free to use it.

;-;
Snake_Eyes

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: December 01, 2012, 08:30:41 am »

Dear Urist McFarmer(s),

It's a single plump helmet seed. You don't have to suspend the construction of the entire farm plot because of one object smaller than your thumb. In fact, you don't even have to move it- if you just kept building, the seed would be under the ground, ready to grow.

You idiots,
Urist McOverseer
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: December 01, 2012, 02:04:40 pm »

Dear Urist McMayor

Why did you mandate the making of soap?What are we going to do with them?How are we going to even make them?Why do you want your own soap anyway?!
I swear to god if you go mad because you needed your hygiene I will have my militia commander smack you in the groin area with a adamantine mace and then have them throw you in the Corpse Pit 9000 TM.

Your angry overseer,
ZoomZoll

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: December 01, 2012, 02:07:33 pm »

Dear Urist,
When one of your military buddies dies during a siege, the solution is not to beat the mayor to death.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: December 01, 2012, 06:10:42 pm »

Dear Urist,
When one of your military buddies dies during a siege, the solution is not to beat the mayor to death.

Isn't beating nobles to death always the solution, though?

Urist McPrisoner
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: December 01, 2012, 07:36:37 pm »

Dear Urist McMilitary,

When I tell you to go kill the forgotten beast that's currently chewing on my woodcutters in the caverns I expect you to go kill it.  I do NOT expect you to decide to go to training practice or "get provisions" and never move from the barracks.  Gee, now my woodcutters are dead and all 40 of you are sitting around, picking your noses.  Thanks for that.  You're lucky you occassionally manage to follow orders and kill the what I want you to or you'd be stationed on my bridge I have extended over magma.

Sincerely, You're running low on woodcutters overseer
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: December 02, 2012, 05:28:05 pm »

Dear Urist McEveryUrist

Why would you dwarfs think it was a good idea to park the wagon on ice when the snow around you is thawing??

Because you couldn't haul the goods away to the stockpile only a few tiles of urist away, we've got a bunch of goods in the water...specifically, the booze, seeds, and the anvil.

Nice work guys, nice work. *slow claps*
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: December 02, 2012, 06:30:15 pm »

Dear Urist McWagonDriver.

I am curious. We decided to embark in a castle and some how you ended up driving up onto one of the towers. How did you do this?

Your impressed overseer,
Scootagoose.
Unf.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: December 02, 2012, 06:33:24 pm »

Dear Scootagoose,

It too us a while to make the pack critters ramp us up there. Was it as awesome as we hoped it''d be?

Signed,

Urist McWagonDriver

Dear modbold army,

I hope you appreciate the gifts went you this winter, 16 soldiers bent into knots and one rotting lizard mount. We certainly appreciated the swords you brought us.

Hope to see your delivery boys soon,

Overseer of Darkforest.

hypergoat

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Urist needs to man up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: December 02, 2012, 08:38:51 pm »

Dear Urist McEmotional

Grow a pair.

Sincerely,
Your dead friend

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: December 02, 2012, 08:51:11 pm »

Dear Urists McStoneworkers:

I needed you to build one tiny wall. A small 1x3 barrier. Surely, between the five of you and 200+ phyllite blocks, you could have closed yourselves inside the trade depot. Now look at you. You're all dead, and a good number of dwarves who aren't you are dead as well. Why? Because you were on break. On break, in the middle of a bloody !!NECROMANCER SIEGE!!.

Presiding over your funeral,
Urist McOverseer

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: December 02, 2012, 09:13:51 pm »

Dear Elf Liaison,

You are correct, after chopping it down and turning it into bolts it is now just a rude bauble, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it is 'fit only for your kind'. I can 'fit' quite a few of them into your elves.

Come get them back.

Yours,

The Overseer

I lol'd so hard
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: December 03, 2012, 03:16:35 am »

Dear Urist McMason,
That's one really fine wall you built there. It's stable, it's good-looking, it's very wall-ish... I guess you were so engrossed in your work that you completely forgot which side to stand on when building a wall. Small hint: preferably the on that leads back to the fortress, food and booze... ok, I'll send a few children to get you out, but don't think, I'll forget or forgive. It's only because I already have enough corpses lying around.

Yours
The Overseer

Dear Urist McDeadHaulers,
why did you think it was a good idea to retrieve the socks of Bomrek McMiner who drowned in the fountain at the grand dining hall? Losing one of the starting seven (and therefore one of the most skilled dwarf in the fortress) to that accident is bad enough... it doesn't exactly raise my mood when a bunch of useless migrants' corpses rot away in the main water supply and the waterfall is temporarily rerouted to the main staircase because of socks. Seriously, I do understand the appeal of some fine cave spider silk footwear, but I never met anybody who took the phrase "to die for" that literally.

Your (slightly miffed) Overseer
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: December 03, 2012, 06:58:02 pm »

Dear, Urist mcmayor

I would like to officially congratulate you on your years of tolerable service, breaking the barons nose last year, and killing him before he strangled that child. I would also like to congratulate you on your latest mandate of leather robes being completed on time. On a related note could you please STOP mandating them or pick a more tasteful material.

I like leather for its protective qualities as much as the next guy but it's starting to look like a BDSM club in here and if the fortress gimp population starts to exceed the number of children I will see to it that you are fired.

Yours truely,
The real athority

P.S. On the off chance another Noble shows up would you be willing to murd- eh, pacify them like you did the Baron?
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 504