Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 65

Author Topic: gateivory, all is silence (CLOSED!)  (Read 85981 times)

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
Re: gateivory, the land without ore (PLAYERS WANTED)
« Reply #645 on: January 19, 2013, 06:31:00 am »

Ahh, ill get working on the save when i can, might be 2 days before i can get any real work done on it though (I need to see what sort of organization gateivory needs before i can determine what needs to be done. I do have a legendary +5 organizer title for a reason)
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 19, 2013, 07:31:57 am »

Ahh, ill get working on the save when i can, might be 2 days before i can get any real work done on it though (I need to see what sort of organization gateivory needs before i can determine what needs to be done. I do have a legendary +5 organizer title for a reason)
Good luck and be careful. Trying to organize or make sense of the cursed hole in the ground that is "gateivory" is a task that has driven many dorfs stark raving mad. Being an organizer (+5) might be the worst possible job in the fort sanity wise.  ;D It is like being an architect trapped in R'lyeh, a city full of non-euclidean geometry and eldrich abominations.
As CoC players would say, Roll a SAN check.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 19, 2013, 10:01:53 am »

oh wow. sorry scruffy. I should have paid more attention. your good.

also, im going to throw that last post in qoutes.

also also, I just noticed that, while mentioning the bronze minecart floating on the water, you said it was a bronze minecraft. playing a lot of it recently? XD
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:16:49 am by saltmummy626 »
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 19, 2013, 10:48:26 am »

also also, I just noticed that, while mentioning the bronze minecart floating on the water, you said it was a bronze minecraft. playing a lot of it recently? XD
Not recently. Plenty in its alpha and beta states though. Anyway, that was just a stupid brainfart.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 19, 2013, 10:58:29 am »

Not recently. Plenty in its alpha and beta states though. Anyway, that was just a stupid brainfart.
ah, its alright. I can also imagine that people who never played it doing the same thing.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 19, 2013, 12:26:12 pm »

Where did we even get a bronze minecart? Has someone installed minecart tracks in the fortress somewhere? I'd planned to do something with them during my reign but I never got around to it.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 19, 2013, 12:37:43 pm »

naw, the minecart came from the dwarven caravan that I accidentally pushed off the bridge with the water tower before it fell apart.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 19, 2013, 01:10:00 pm »

So as far as dwarfing myself, am I going to be doing that myself on my turn or what?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 19, 2013, 03:35:59 pm »

So as far as dwarfing myself, am I going to be doing that myself on my turn or what?
generally, we've dwarfed ourselves on our turns if someone hasn't done it already. Normally we've tried to dwarf everyone, but some turns are so hectic and insane that there isn't time or people forget. If you want to get dorfed/dwarfed before your turn you can just ask whoever is taking a turn if they would be willing to do it. :)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 19, 2013, 03:47:20 pm »

Thanks, I was a bit confused.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 22, 2013, 02:38:59 pm »

Have you started playing your turn?

Et tu, Urist

Gulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 22, 2013, 03:05:05 pm »

Downloaded the save and played out early spring to see how things are going. When Gulf died, there were 80 dwarves at Gateivory, there are now 51. Also, 8 more drowned during the one month I played. The river now has a carbon copy/reservoir carved out below it, which water is actively flowing into, before being drained into the caverns. The reservoir is full of bodies. After watching closely, it seems these drownings are coming from dwarves going to pick up the goods at the partially-drained river bottom, but get swept into the gigantic underground cistern. In short, Gateivory now has its very own incarnation of Charybdis.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 22, 2013, 03:28:56 pm »

Downloaded the save and played out early spring to see how things are going. When Gulf died, there were 80 dwarves at Gateivory, there are now 51. Also, 8 more drowned during the one month I played. The river now has a carbon copy/reservoir carved out below it, which water is actively flowing into, before being drained into the caverns. The reservoir is full of bodies. After watching closely, it seems these drownings are coming from dwarves going to pick up the goods at the partially-drained river bottom, but get swept into the gigantic underground cistern. In short, Gateivory now has its very own incarnation of Charybdis.
Not caverns. Aquifer. I was planning on draining it out of the map via fortifications (so it would drain exactly like a regular river) but the map border was soil and had an aquifer. Thus it drains into the aquifer and disappears. Since it just magically disappears next to the map border it won't cause fps problems.

The drowning (of which I'm pretty broud of if I might add) should (hopefully) end after the riverbed is dry and nolonger washing away the little buggers.

Et tu, Urist

MiceMiceMice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 22, 2013, 06:06:37 pm »

Perhaps it would be best to temporarily forbid the items that all the dwarves are going to get. Not that a few drownings aren't good and all, but we want to have some dwarves left over for other things, like getting eaten by cave crawlers like building stuff.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 23, 2013, 02:31:44 pm »

I will start within 36 hours (most likely 24). RL got busy, but is now not as busy, and my term as overseer of lakebones isnt quite done yet (should be done today though).

Also, ill incorporate the suggestions in this thread to stop drowning deaths.

Prepare for a lot of organizing in my turn!
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 65