Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 79574 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #765 on: July 13, 2016, 04:47:56 pm »

"Fix the dress with the 6, then you can, I dunno, make something, but I'd rather be healed with a five than not."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 15, 2016, 11:44:03 am »

Vacation is really doing wonders for my sense of time... And where are others?

Why have I never done this BEFORE?

Alan flaps his wings a few times to accelerate in an attempt to neutralize the slowing effect of Professor Cuddles, then extends his wings and glides to his destination.
Perhaps you were never desperate enough? And it's not like you have had the Dice of Order in your posession for long time.

Time flies together with you, and as evening comes you reach beginning of the thousand kilometer long span where your target is supposed to be. Time to ask for more specific directions.

"Well, it sure beats getting shot!"

Dominic turns off Doombox, remounts CenTreepede, and calls back the statue, to mount up again as well. We then head toward the Spine Mountains and wisdom.

"Let's get this one out of the way. I have a feeling we're gonna need a slightly better roll soon."

Dominic casts 'Regrow That Guy's Hearing' at the bowman who saw fit to shoot first and ask questions later of the guy wielding an organic construct made of trees, an inorganic construct honoring the death of a Wild Mage, and a box of super fucking loudness. And also a crapsack.

"I tell ya, guys, I am torn as to whether I care if that guy actually gets his hearing back or not. I feel bad for invading his space, but he fucking shot at me! Well, he missed, anyway, thanks to you, so no harm, no foul."
CenTreepede starts running roughly to east while keeping between hills. As soon as the campsite is out of sight you let your magic loose.

1. Your ears rot and fall off on your shoulders together with your hair impairing your hearing. Then flesh from your fingers turn black and droops off leaving only bones behind. Fearful attempt to move your fingers sends searing pain into your nerves as tendons get stuck inside your hands and don't return back properly. Fresh blood trickles down from small holes left by stuck tendons. That's gonna be unhealthy.

"Fix the dress with the 6, then you can, I dunno, make something, but I'd rather be healed with a five than not."
Tlaco nods. You watch as she casts a spell, black tendrils coming out of thin air around her tearing all magic out of her dress. The floating silk scarps fall down, dead. Animation of lighting and shadows stop on her dress on the same moment, the pattern freezing in time. She apparently more or less accidentally dispelled it. Thankfully the dress itself doesn't disappear.

Her next spell creates a ring. With your magic vision its inner side seems completely full of fuzzy black threads weawing around, ready to streak into body of anyone who dares to wear it. To observe, to read, and to do something else you can't tell. She holds it in her fist and turns to you. She carefully touches your temple by replaced eye and casts the next spell. Your new eye doesn't show effects, mostly because it all happens behind it, but pain subsides instantly and The True Eye feels like it fits better into its socket. It sits in more naturally.

"There, I think it is good now." Tlaco says still touching your face. "Did... did it work right?"

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 15, 2016, 12:34:10 pm »

Alan casts highlight target, hoping to highlight his target in his vision even through the terrain.

Hope this works. If it just makes him glow, I'm gonna...

I dunno. Nothing?

He then returns to flying towards the location of his target.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:39:15 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 15, 2016, 12:35:33 pm »

Dominic sighs, and casts "Restore Health to a natural healthy state."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 15, 2016, 12:39:43 pm »

"It worked.  What's the ring do?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 16, 2016, 01:56:41 pm »

Alan casts highlight target, hoping to highlight his target in his vision even through the terrain.

Hope this works. If it just makes him glow, I'm gonna...

I dunno. Nothing?

He then returns to flying towards the location of his target.
3. ...well then. This leaves you slightly confused. If you recall right, 3 should at least give you some sense of direction in case of spell like this, but you don't spot anything different. Either your target is too far to be seen or is in different direction than expected. It is possible that you already passed him moments ago and he's basically below and behind you and that's why you cannot see anything highlighted. Single glance proves this is not the case, however. So, too far away or not directly ahead of you. Given the amount of time you took to reach this far it is quite possible that he too has moved.

Dominic sighs, and casts "Restore Health to a natural healthy state."
6. Rotten meat falls up back to your boney fingers and unrot themselves. Disgusting process to watch. Same happens to your ears and hair. Rocky brain chunks still orbiting head of your unfortunate predecessor are suddenly deorbited and fall back into to malformed head, completely restoring its head natural form. The spell also turns his stoned body back into flesh. It/he scans around and locks his eyes onto you. He doesn't look particularly happy.

"You."

"It worked.  What's the ring do?"
She visibly relaxes.

"Thank goodness your Dice appears to be real! The ring? It should give healing ability to wearer, but it was made with 4 so it probably isn't perfect. You should have it in case something like this happens again." She offers the ring to you.

Door opens and animated statue steps in. Magic connects it onto floor and surges through the body when it moves it, otherwise leaving it being natural stone statue. "Hey boss, I thought to let you know that your pretty pretty general tried to persuade a village below us joining, but she failed to make her case. Heh, I guess taking regiment of four armed monster soldiers with her wasn't the best diplomatic move."

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 16, 2016, 02:30:11 pm »

"Ohai. ... What?"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 17, 2016, 12:26:45 pm »

"Ohai. ... What?"

"My Dice. I want them back." His tone makes it clear this is non negotiable matter.

Where are everybody? Nakéen? AbstractTraitorHero? Whisperling? Is summer messing up everyone's schedule?
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 17, 2016, 12:57:57 pm »

"That would be a good idea.  I'll reinforce it...

Ah.  Maybe I should go and see them."

Take the ring (put it on) and enhance its efficacy, then change a tetrahedron to show 7s.  After that, pop down to Laudata's position with the bracelet.  Shapeshift back to a normal human first, I guess.
Sigtext

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 17, 2016, 02:12:28 pm »

Alan snorts, then casts "Teleport to target".
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 17, 2016, 02:21:05 pm »

"Dude. You died. You know that, right? You died.

I know. Let's let the dice decide!"

Dominic casts Choose Your Mage!with a 2 ...

((and so ends the wild tale of Dominic ... cast down by the dice, and the very man whose demise brought upon him trouble, adventure, companions, and breakfast.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 19, 2016, 04:27:02 pm »

"That would be a good idea.  I'll reinforce it...

Ah.  Maybe I should go and see them."

Take the ring (put it on) and enhance its efficacy, then change a tetrahedron to show 7s.  After that, pop down to Laudata's position with the bracelet.  Shapeshift back to a normal human first, I guess.
You put the ring on and watch as millions thin threads burst out of it and course through your body, accomodating with shapes of veins, muscles, organs, bones, nails and skin. It probably also fills your teeth, eyes and hairs too, but its a bit hard to see.

3. Effect of boosting is barely noticeable. Something changes, but you can't tell what.

2. Two of your tetrahedrons merge together, forming a cube.

Scales on your face and bare hands split into smaller ones and turn into your normal skin color. You would pass as a normal human being as long as nobody pays too much of attention on your skin. Tlaco apparently doesn't prefer your new outlook, if you can read her expression.

For your natural eye it seems like instant change in scenery, but the True Eye sees something more. The bracelet surrounds you with darkness of magic, shoots its tendrils somewhere not so far below, forms there identical shape and instantaneously flips the two. You are now on a gravel road surrounded by couple simple wooden buildings. Doors and windows are all closed, but you spy little movement between cracks indicating hidden observers. Right above hovers your fortress. It is quite something, seeing it from outside first time. Unlike you would expect, its bottom doesn't look like torn off from mountainside, instead it is covered in building like structures and bright points of light in numerous shadows. Western edges are glimmering golden in light of setting sun, telling tale of considerable wealth hidden within.

In front of you stands Laudata, her back to you, trying to sell them an idea of being safe in floating construct. In between you and her stands six chrome coated soldiers in two neat rows. The moment you appear they turn around like a well oiled machine, salute you, and step aside, three on both sides. Laudata too, noticing movement behind her, turns and salutes after identifying you.

"My lord!"

Alan snorts, then casts "Teleport to target".
2. Tugging feeling in your tail created by Professor Cuddles disappears. Indeed, he's gone. Doesn't appear to be anywhere near you.

"Dude. You died. You know that, right? You died.

I know. Let's let the dice decide!"

Dominic casts Choose Your Mage!with a 2 ...

((and so ends the wild tale of Dominic ... cast down by the dice, and the very man whose demise brought upon him trouble, adventure, companions, and breakfast.))
"I am very aware of the fact." He's still waiting.

2. Magic is a bit loss about the context here. It knows you are referring to something important, but as far as it can tell, you are referring to nothing somewhere near your pants. So it rightly assumes you mean your pants. Your pants become suddely extremely close-fitting, embarrassingly accentuating your leg musculature and other shapes by your nether region. Then, as fast it started, they relax into much more comfortable state.

"I take that as a no." Mage says. He doesn't wait any longer and jumps at you. On top of fast running giant centipede. Looks like one of those clichés where two mortal enemies fight above volcano.

Neither of you pay attention to muffled sound coming from your Dice pouch. Nor to the large floating fortress quite distance in north.

Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 19, 2016, 05:15:16 pm »

"Hello, General."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 06:35:17 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 19, 2016, 05:39:28 pm »

((I don't know what die is next in line. I think it is a six, but I am not going t o look. this will be more fun this way))

Dominic casts Go Find Another Set of Dice For Yourself Ya Ingrate! At his new friend.

"Crapsack! a little help?"

((I never get tired of crapsack and CenTreepede.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 19, 2016, 06:32:30 pm »

Alan casts "Locate Professor Cuddles!"

Hilarity probably ensues.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 55