Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The bell tolls! How close the doomsday is?

2 turns.
- 1 (16.7%)
3 turns.
- 0 (0%)
4 turns.
- 0 (0%)
5 turns.
- 2 (33.3%)
6 turns and above.
- 0 (0%)
For whom the bell tolls?
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Witch-hunt: Act 1 - The Trail of Blood [6/6]  (Read 15736 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witch-hunt: Act 1 - The Trail of Blood [6/6]
« Reply #195 on: April 12, 2018, 04:19:57 pm »

It's more about how the characters themselves would react to a situation than what could be considered a "good idea" or the "right choice."

What I meant to say was: If a character made all the perfect choices for the best results, it would be both boring and predictable. If someone wants to play a character that is reckless, they have to make reckless decisions even if they handicap themselves because that's what their character would do in that situation. You can't have a pacifist assassinating an enemy even if that would be the best and safest solution to a problem. Real people has flaws.

Zamira is going because she's greedy for loot and Ferro is following because he wants some excitement in his life and because he's curious.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:35:23 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2018, 02:15:08 am »

I won't be able to update this weekend, my sister's getting married...

I changed the poll, so you can bet how fast you're all going to die.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2018, 05:57:32 am »

my sister's getting married...
Congratulations! :D
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2018, 06:16:25 am »

my sister's getting married...
Congratulations! :D
Same thing. Congrats, Dark.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2018, 12:30:42 pm »

[3] Ferro grabbed his barrel and left the building, curious what Zamira might be up to.

[6] Shedden tried to explain that it was an accident and he convinced the guards! However, the innkeeper wasn't so sure about that and screamed: Get lost morons! I'll take him on my own!

[Innkeeper: 6, Shedden: 6, Denise: 1] The chubby man grabbed a glass pitcher, broke it to get a shiv and charged! Shedden was almost hit, but Denise had leapt at the bartender and bit hit head off! This could've been a perfect end of this story, but some strange force animated the decapitated body, forced it to grab the crocodile and slash it's throat open! Denise writhed in agonising pain of drowning in her own blood, then fell lifeless! The corpse made a metallic shriek and fell dead!

[5] Asher ordered everyone to leave and then followed them. Having dealt with the curse on his own and being able to tell what's actually going on made people obey to him.

[3] Alvin desperately tried to remove the blood before the curse came into effect and managed to do so! He was quite sure that he wasn't cursed.

[4] Zamira sneakt away from the tavern, following the trail of blood. It spanned from the tavern to the earliest part of Darkbog forests. There were three utterly destroyed wagons. All the goods were taken and there was no sight of bodies, only a trail of blood leading towards the forest.

Denise: Dead

GM Notes

To Undead Hunt players in this thread - post your actions and let's finish it, before it dies of neglect!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2018, 12:59:59 pm »

Dark, the fact that you just killed a player's side character before the majority of us have even started the adventure proper is not helping our motivation to continue.  Maybe ease back on the "rocks fall every turn until everyone dies" and stop using notatallrandom.org on your rolls to justify it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2018, 01:10:30 pm »

(Killing Denise so early might have been too much. Especially because it's an already dead bartender vs a crocodile.)

Leaving the building behind and carrying his barrel with him, Ferro continues following Zamira, hoping to find something interesting.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2018, 02:06:55 pm »

I’d been kinda expecting a more UH-esque experience. Even ignoring the recent events, it just seems like we’re more restricted in what we can do, without really having as much room for growth. Meanwhile, the things we’re able to do aren’t defined terribly well.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2018, 02:14:44 pm »

I’d been kinda expecting a more UH-esque experience. Even ignoring the recent events, it just seems like we’re more restricted in what we can do, without really having as much room for growth. Meanwhile, the things we’re able to do aren’t defined terribly well.
Not to mention our opponent seems to be able to kill us really easily.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2018, 02:21:47 pm »

I think that this "lack of freedom" is just because we haven't tried hard enough, if that makes sense. For example, everyone could have left the building at any moment.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 16, 2018, 02:29:31 pm »

I think that this "lack of freedom" is just because we haven't tried hard enough, if that makes sense. For example, everyone could have left the building at any moment.
I didn’t mean it like that. I’m talking about how in UH we had specific abilities that gave an outline of what we were capable of, while here, we don’t.

You know what this game needs? Stats. Like the ones in D&D.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 16, 2018, 02:40:48 pm »

”Damn.”

Make extra sure that nothing lootable has been overlooked, while making sure not to touch any of the blood.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 16, 2018, 03:12:29 pm »

I didn’t mean it like that. I’m talking about how in UH we had specific abilities that gave an outline of what we were capable of, while here, we don’t.

You know what this game needs? Stats. Like the ones in D&D.
The character creation spoiler mentions that backstory and stuff will influence abilities. Since we haven't fought any monster yet, it makes sense for everyone being this weak and lacking any special abilities.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 16, 2018, 03:22:38 pm »

Whelp, I suggest we get to making the story happen. Shall we have a vote?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2018, 03:25:43 pm »

For what?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15