Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 803562 times)

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: HYPE HAS CHANGED
« Reply #585 on: June 15, 2015, 07:33:04 am »

I was expecting this to be out in 2016, or even later. The fact that they have managed to keep this quiet until just FIVE MONTHS before release is a staggering achievement.

I genuinely cannot wait for this, it looks like everything I could have ever hoped for. Five months...what can I play for five months...!?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 15, 2015, 08:02:24 am »

I genuinely cannot wait for this, it looks like everything I could have ever hyped for. Five months...what can I play for five months...!?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 15, 2015, 08:25:52 am »

I genuinely cannot wait for this, it looks like everything I could have ever hyped for. Five months...what can I play for five months...!?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Hahahahahahahah. Hahahaha. Haha. Ha.

::)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Hype Never Changes
« Reply #588 on: June 15, 2015, 08:41:20 am »

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:22:51 am by penguinofhonor »

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 15, 2015, 08:57:16 am »

Does anyone know whether Bethesda hired new writers since Fo3? The dialogue in that game was...well, sub-par.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 15, 2015, 09:13:16 am »

I like what they've shown so far, but did they say/show anything on melee combat? I rather like running melee oriented characters, but melee by itself wasn't great on FO3 or New Vegas due to oblivion style "wave your weapon at people untill they die".
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 15, 2015, 09:15:31 am »

Well, they showed that you can customize melee weapons and I think they showed you whacking someone in the head with a baseball bat, but I don't think anything was said about it beyond that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 15, 2015, 09:23:42 am »

It's the same base engine as those games and Skyrim, so it stands that it'll probably be the same in this.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 15, 2015, 09:50:09 am »

I rewatched that gameplay trailer, now with the luxury of pausing and going back, and picked out a few interesting bits:

-Showing off the armor at the beginning - is that third one some kind of air force flightsuit?
-Men can wear dresses confirmed.
-I'm really interested in where you can find the half-destroyed bear mascot head. In combination with the suit it looks like an early Kanye West album from hell.
-There are giant mosquito monsters called "bloodbugs" that actually jump on you and suck blood. I get the feeling people will be begging for cazadors to be reintroduced pretty quickly.
-Unfortunately, mirelurks are returning.
-Many enemies (raiders, super mutants) seem to come in several different types.
-There are also "synth" enemies. They seem to be more old-fashioned androids who don't actually look human.
-The radiation mechanic is still around.
-The role of vertibirds seems to have been dramatically expanded, as both player vehicles (unfortunately it doesn't look like you can pilot them) and enemies.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 15, 2015, 09:53:43 am »

It's a nuclear wasteland; did you expect it to be a heatstroke mechanic instead? :P
On that note, I kind of hope there's still a Hardcore option.
Black lives matter.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 15, 2015, 09:56:47 am »

It's a nuclear wasteland; did you expect it to be a heatstroke mechanic instead? :P
On that note, I kind of hope there's still a Hardcore option.
Well, they could dumb down the mechanic by, say, just making radioactive areas drain your health slowly. Or make it a vestigial mechanic that only applies in a handful of hard-to-reach areas (Fallout 2, for all its merits, had this problem).
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 15, 2015, 09:59:12 am »

But then the fans would cry out about lack of realism about that, because if you're exposed to background radiation you don't just melt, unless it's a lot of background radiation.
Black lives matter.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Hype Never Changes
« Reply #597 on: June 15, 2015, 11:06:40 am »

Never underestimate the capacity of managers with no personal knowledge of the customers and the product to push through idiotic schemes to make some more dollahs.

They did come up with an idiotic scheme to make some more USD and the debacle known as "Steam paid mods" happened. Managers may be idiotic and money grubbing, but even they know not to get burned twice.

Yeah, I think it's obvious (even to dumb executives) that trying the same system without significant changes will stir up the exact same shitstorm. The central message when they announce it needs to be "this isn't like last time."
It had better not include an Iron Paywall, then. Or any other shameful shenanigans like in-game pop-up ads, "premium" versions etc.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 15, 2015, 11:52:58 am »

I rewatched that gameplay trailer, now with the luxury of pausing and going back, and picked out a few interesting bits:

-Showing off the armor at the beginning - is that third one some kind of air force flightsuit?

There's a picture doing the rounds somewhere (I think it was on PC Gamer) of the character in jetpack (working) power armour - so it could well be!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 15, 2015, 12:24:57 pm »

lets just take a minute to appreciate the music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEKdt2y1-Mc
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 462